Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-25-2017, 10:47 PM   #23
bardabe
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
bardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to bardabe
Finally we have progress

It's been a few months since i've been able to move forward on this build, partially due to an incredibly incompetent company that messed up my torque wrenches and basically put me on a stand still from blue printing my block & the other part is making up my mind on certain aspects of my build.

regardless here is some of the progress I've made in the past four months.

Crank was de-burred, oil holes smoothed out, polished & balanced. Rear hole on the block was tapped for a 3/4 NPT plug. Block was re-surfaced, Bored & Honed Rod Big ends were machined for desired diameters, pison wrist pin bores were honed, & the assembly was balanced verified all bearing thicknesses to match 100% the desired thickness for the clearances we are after using standard nissan 1N5 & 60J bearings then sent all of my things and an EJ257 I'm currently building out to WPC

I basically had lots of time to save up and think about the powerband on where i wanted it. Two people i highly respect actually have been helping me with some of my theories and agreed with me so I ordered some Supertech Inconel +2mm oversized exhaust valves and +1mm oversized intake valves for the P11 Cylinder head along with all new valve guides & valve seats. Nick hunter of 5523 Motorsports offered me his 1N5 core (P11) as long as he was the one doing the cylinder head machining and porting. He is in charge of the entire cylinder head now.

since nick is currently going to town on my cylinder head i finally started to do the math thingies and size up a proper turbo to match my engine. Using the Borgwarner match bot it ended up telling me that this S257SX-E was going to be the best turbo for my application (i was expecting something like an EFR7163 or an EFR7670) but nope it was an SX-E so hey I'll take it! Also around the same time I was driving to pick up an HKS Turbo kit with my buddy Frank Siharath from Racetune Engineering (we always get into technical discussions and bounce ideas back and forth from one another) he convinced me that i needed an HKS GTII Wastegate in my life, and so I bought one.... and this is what it looks like next to my turbo.

Since Nick is supposed to be done with my head in a few more weeks I'm thinking of breaking all the air seals and starting assembly on the Short block. I want to put a video together for you guys to see just how amazing WPC really is and explain the process to you guys. I actually am now 100% setup to provide the public with the WPC process so if you guys have any questions please feel free to ask I'll be happy to help.

Review Thread

Last edited by bardabe; 11-22-2018 at 04:49 PM..
bardabe is offline   Reply With Quote