Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-27-2018, 09:23 PM   #1
GripStigma
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
GripStigma is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
RB 1988 Nissan silvia - Two Tone

What's up dudes?! Some of you may know me from the gram @hardparkedsilvia, and if not.... well, here's the build/story. Enjoy!

Little backstory:

The car was brought in through Hi-Rev Imports, back in 2014. The first owner literally just drove the car, and that was it, he owned it for about 2 years before he sold it. A guy i know from down south ended up purchasing it from him, and added some items to the car before he got bored and decided to sell, which where my build begins....

Just to be thorough, ill start this post off from very beginning, in japan, to current.

So, here she is, in japan, before importation:

Hi-Rev, the importer, added some cheap rota wheels, re-painted the rear bumper, and added their own "hardware" for the fender bolts. After that, the first owner never changed anything... SO.. to fast forward...

Here's how i picked up the car:

The owner before me added the following: Bricks/aero bumper/coilovers/wheels/z32 brakes/dorki dori skirts & rear valances

Now, to start the build thread. Again... i've owned/been building this car now for 2 years, so i have alot to post... always meant to create a thread back then, but lets face it.. i was too lazy.

Being the OEM+ Purist that i am... The first few things i had to do were....

1. Install BNIB OEM Bricks
2. Install BNIB OEM 50/50 Turn signals
3. Install BNIB OEM Corner lights
4. Install BNIB OEM Big letter grille

A few weeks after, my dmax trunk wing/roof wing/and bomex lip arrived, so a test fit commenced...

Small pause, at this point, as i just got the car and wanted to cruise around and enjoy it. The CA18DE became boring super fast (obviously)
I began to toss around the swap options... Originally i was dead set on just putting an CA18DET in it to keep it hella jdm tyte oem.. and so on... End result, i decided it was gonna be RB25 NEO. I ordered my motor set from JDM ORLANDO, and it arrived the next day.

From there, it was time to pull the trans and get it on a stand to do some maintenance before it was ready to put into the car.

Just to list a few.... Also had the covers powder coated bronze to match my wheels.

More parts then began to roll in...

I'm the kinda dude who wants to have every single piece ready before i start a swap.. I CANT stand my car to be down for long. LOL, so once all needed parts were in, i began to pull the CA18DE, and install the RB. Pictures to follow, tomorrow i will finish this off up to current state of car.

IG @hardparkedsilvia
GripStigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links