Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-04-2019, 06:13 PM   #11
Super_OK_S13
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Super_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
update time.

Re-built the front and rear brakes, had to get an 8MM slip-on spacer for the fronts to clear the caliper-back of wheel. Rears were fine.

Decided it was time to see if the engine would start and run after putting in.

I put the rest of the parts on the engine to start it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjfTsl-MjqQ

I'm not sure why it takes full throttle blips to start while cranking, it runs perfect after starting though! I didn't even change any wires on the harness. I have the coolant lines looped and will need custom A/C lines made when the time comes to put that stuff back in.

So, my girl and I both follow some wheel pages on Instagram and have shared mesh styles back and forth for her car... found these Volk Racing wheels for a good price from vrwheels. i had to test fit them on the car (nice change of scenery is good?)

After i got the car running, i ran wires/relay for the fans (i used the old small headlight retract button from the 180sx as a switch for the fans instead of a thermo controller.--i need a new sticker of fan blades with arrows around it for the switch) and changed the steering rack bushing for a gktech alloy version. I will need to make a line loop for the power steering in/out at the shaft gear box and eventually de-power the rack properly with grease and adjusting the tension/backlash. pulled the car out of the garage (under its own power) for the first time in over a year!

then got it stuck on the apron (needed more wood down) pulling it back in with no neighbors home or outside to call over, i had to get the jack out and lift the rear of the car and put more wood under the tires. It rolled back out of the garage, put more wood down and floored it, scraping the frame rails getting back in.

It is REALLY weird driving it on the right side of the car!

I Put the carpet in and finished up tucking the wiring to its final location and started trimming the glovebox to allow access to the fuses and relays if need be. I'm going to make finish panels for in the glovebox and mount the SAFC and A/F gauge. The water temp and oil pressure will be mounted under the radio or on the dash again, not sure yet.

Needed a seat bracket for the bride rep i have, (was gonna use it for a simulator but need a seat for the car) so i bought a Garage Star one and i'll probably get an s14 for now for the passenger side.

Since the engine bay was pretty much all together except cowl trim/wipers (still need the windscreen channel cleaned up before it goes back in), i bolted up the fenders,lights,grille, and new headlight covers i re-made.

There's a million other little things i want/need to do to the car yet, just wanted to share till they all get done and get around to post them in one shot. Next year i plan to have the body re-done and re-spray the same colors. i would like to drive it before then and break the car back in before the snow gets here in PA...

-Jimmy
Super_OK_S13 is offline   Reply With Quote