Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-01-2020, 10:37 AM   #1
Donedreamin

Trader Rating: (0)
Donedreamin will become famous soon enoughDonedreamin will become famous soon enoughDonedreamin will become famous soon enoughDonedreamin will become famous soon enoughDonedreamin will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Sebs S13 180sx - Canada

Hey guys,

Quick introduction. I grew up in Ontario, 9 years ago I moved half way across the country to Saskatchewan. When I arrived I bought a church, turned it into a garage. Started filling it with barn finds and write-offs. Travelled alot for work and got married. Made it a priority over the past couple years to complete these projects. One of which is a 93 Nissan 180sx.

My very first car was a 240sx, it was such a lemon. And it was rotten as well, it was a love, hate relationship. I always told myself I would build another one. I came across this car in 2012. It was a write-off, I bought it from a junkyard. My original intention was to find a clean chassis and swap everything over. Never found what I was looking for in my price range, and within reasonable distance. I decided to repair this chassis, and surprisingly the damage wasn't too bad.
My goals for this car are to have a presentable, reliable, clean car with the potential to hit a track day here and there.

My priority is to continue updating this thread, stay committed and to do so with any hosting source other than photobucket !

This is my church, it's been a long-term project. I originally bought it for 1500, but I have invested alot of my time to get it to this point. And there is still alot more to do. It serves primarily as a storage unit. Not related to the car, but it's unique and a good story.

This was the beginning, put it up on the frame machine to make a couple pulls and verify everything was in spec.

I brought it home afterwords and chopped up and parted out this chassis to bring the 180sx back to life.

The most consuming part was removing the brake lines to repair the frame, which ment removal of the subframe as well.

The chassis I used to rob parts from

[/url]

New frame and rocker panel installed

Swapping over all the door guts

The pressure line had some damage from the crash

Close call here, I have learned the hard way in the past

Subframe back in

My priority leading up to this point is to pass both a structural and mechanical safety. I have to play by the rules for the time being. Moving forward there is a long list of primarily performance related mods to come. I feel build threads are dieing, and although this will not live up the standard zilvia has produced over the years. This is my contribution and I hope you enjoy!

- Seb

Last edited by Donedreamin; 02-04-2020 at 09:17 AM..
Donedreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links