Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-08-2021, 09:28 AM   #1
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Trader Rating: (392)
CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 392 reviews
Arrow My S14 Zenki / Navan OEM+ Build

Tracking the progress on my other cars/builds and figured I'd document this one as well.

Years back I had decided that one of my personal life goals was to own one of each S-chassis with the exact mods/aero that grabbed my attention in the first place. I am a huge fan of OEM aero for its quality, fitment, and overall styling. Nissan styling was on point in my opinion when it came to the optional aero parts save for their 4x4 ride height and undersized wheel options.

With this goal constantly on my mind, I set out to find a decent base Zenki platform to throw everything I had saved parts wise over the years.

Having kept track of OEM aero pricing, I realized I needed to stock up on Navan aero before pricing really got out of hand. With help from GetJPN, I sourced several of the important pieces that would get the build started on the right foot.

Aero wasn't too difficult to source at that point. I had held onto several sets of Kouki taillights and JVAutobody in Santa Ana did a great job refinishing my sets.

As with most listings these days, I came across this particular Zenki listed first on the FB marketplace and also on Offer Up. Pricing was reasonable especially considering I was going to sell off several pieces I didn't need to bring my overall base cost down. The most important points for me were the clean quarter panels, slicktop roof, and panel alignment was great for its age.

Here it is on its way home.

It wasn't perfect by any means, but it was exactly what I was after for the build/resto I had in mind.

As you can see, paint is pretty much gone, interior was in rough shape, and this S14 was also plagued with the cracked OEM fuel tank. The last owner decided to scrap the OEM fuel tank and ran a fuel cell just sitting in the spare tire area.

Fortunately for me, he didn't cut out or weld anything to run the fuel cell. So, it'll be easy for me to revert back to the OEM fuel tank set up.

One of the first things I decided to take care of was reverting the car back to its original form. Sold off the rep wheels, N1 style wheels, and gave the engine bay a light detail.

Next on my list was sorting out the interior. It wasn't worth saving any of the pieces that were in it when I first bought it. Out it goes.

I had held onto a mint Zenki interior from a prior donor car and took my time going through every single last piece.

This is not its final form by any means. I do have plenty of tasteful interior upgrades that will go on after body work and paint is completely sorted.

Moving onto the exterior, I began to test fit all of the aero pieces.

The amazing thing about OEM aero is how well it hugs the body. The sideskirts and valances are only being held on by a few of the OEM brackets. No double sided tape yet or the dozen or so clips that hold the sideskirts to the rocker panel. Those will all be added once body work begins.

I was never too big a fan of the OEM Navan 3pc wing (especially considering the stupid holes you have to drill out on your quarter panels). Not wanting to drill holes on my base model trunk, I swapped it with an SE trunk and installed an OEM Kouki wing.

Next was test fitting the wheels. I am 100% predictable when it comes to my aero and wheel choices and I am 100% okay with that.

OEM aero + TE37's is a timeless look in my opinion. I prefer subtle and classy over gaudy and obnoxious.

I had a spare set of A-pillar exterior trim with visors already installed.

Having done all of this work within 3~ days of buying the car, it was time for me to store it and continue stockpiling parts.

I do have a bunch of suspension mods, big brakes, built S14 SR along with a ton of other goodies to go on. I will do my best to keep my threads updated this year.

Thanks for reading!

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Generally you can eat my asshole.
CrimsonRockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links