Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-09-2022, 04:26 PM   #1
RaidenKing
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
RaidenKing is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Mystery yellow wire with blue stripe

I've been working on an s14 with SR notchtop for some time now. I noticed after a new Tomei cam install that the idle would drop when the car warmed up. In testing, I've almost certainly ruled out leaks, air, and fuel issues. No vac leaks to be found, fuel pressure runs around 38 psi when connected and running, MAF is a new replacement confirmed to be working.

Notable moments of idle drop usually happen when trying to run the AC or when the fans kick on at about 185F. I have tried extra grounds, but this hasn't really helped aside from freeing up maybe .3 volts.

Seriously eyeing the alternator being the primary problem at this point, but I found this long yellow wire with a blue stripe (cut) coming out of the loom near the alt area. This was a car I bought from someone else as a project, so no idea if that is a now unused auto to manual wire, or something necessary for my power.

Any ideas on what the (Y/BL) wire could be for? The idle only comes down from 850 once the car has warmed up, and seems exacerbated when more accessories power on. If left as is, the car eventually stalls.

Any advice or info is appreciated. I've tried searching everywhere, but half the results wind up pointing me over to N/A Sr20 forums.
RaidenKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links