Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-06-2005, 08:56 AM   #1
Dee240sx
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Dee240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Understanding spring rates on other cars

A friend of mine has an 02-03 RSX. He has tein c/o's with EDFC and I believe his spring rates are something like 8f / 10 or 12R. Now i've driven in this car a few times and it actually rides pretty damn comfortable ( even on highways like the Grand Central Parkway - NYC). Certainly something I could deal with. A little bouncy at times but again, totally acceptable.

Now inregards to the 240. The common spring rates for a lot of c/o's are 8/6 to which many consider and suggest might be too stiff for daily driving on NYC/NJ roads. 8/12 or even 8/10 would be considered VERY stiff on a 240 and certain not suggested for daily driving (I don't think i've even seen spring rates that are higher in the rear then in the front for 240's).

My question is why is a car like a RSX with those springs rates not nearly as stiff as a 240 would be with the same rates?

I was hoping to get a good or close enough example of how my s14 would feel with 8/6 rates by driving in his car, but with the higher rates on the RSX, that threw my little experiment for a loop.
Dee240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links