Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 03-14-2012, 08:37 PM   #1
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (163)
Broadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 163 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by kouki-gymkhana View Post
Hey Toby, thanks for giving back to the community with this open forum. You are an immense asset to zilvia and I just wanted to thank you again.

I have a quick question: With all of the accessories I have running on my car (HID ballasts, e-fans, fan controller, etc.) my (+) terminal on the battery looks like a gang bang gone wrong. What power distribution block (or similar device) would you recommend I use to clean things up? I would like to move the battery to the trunk and use a safe, high quality distribution block that can handle 5+ inputs.

Thanks!
PS: Make sure you keep that aero bumper I sold you safe!
Thanks man, I appreciate the support! I can get you anything you want from:

Car Audio and Video Equipment

or

Stinger Electronics | Products

Just look through there and see if there is anything you need a price on or if you have any questions on any of the product.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer skittle View Post
SEM spray texture.....found it!
You might want to reread post # 105.

Follow Along For My Latest Work
My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Broadfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-14-2012, 09:27 PM   #2
killer skittle
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
killer skittle is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadfield View Post
Thanks man, I appreciate the support! I can get you anything you want from:

Car Audio and Video Equipment

or

Stinger Electronics | Products

Just look through there and see if there is anything you need a price on or if you have any questions on any of the product.

You might want to reread post # 105.

You won't give up your secret yet so all I have to go on is the sem texture spray...im willing to give it a try if you have used it in the past.
I have read through just about everything you have posted...ever. Even on your blog people have asked about the texture, you saying nothing about it. I get it, if your good at something don't do it for free. I'll try a couple things to see what works.
Looking through your albums, you don't get the exact lined Nissan oem texture you have the splotchy texture from like the sem spray. It blends well enough to where you can only tell close up...not good enough for me. I've seen a couple of vinyl repair places that can match the texture exactly and they do it by like cloning the texture from the existing piece some how?? I have found other places that sell the oem Nissan, acura, Lexus...etc patterned pads that you can use also.
Thanks
killer skittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 11:15 PM   #3
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (163)
Broadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 163 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by killer skittle View Post
You won't give up your secret yet so all I have to go on is the sem texture spray...im willing to give it a try if you have used it in the past.
I have read through just about everything you have posted...ever. Even on your blog people have asked about the texture, you saying nothing about it. I get it, if your good at something don't do it for free. I'll try a couple things to see what works.
Looking through your albums, you don't get the exact lined Nissan oem texture you have the splotchy texture from like the sem spray. It blends well enough to where you can only tell close up...not good enough for me. I've seen a couple of vinyl repair places that can match the texture exactly and they do it by like cloning the texture from the existing piece some how?? I have found other places that sell the oem Nissan, acura, Lexus...etc patterned pads that you can use also.
Thanks
Well, you worked hard enough.... SEM Chip Guard.

As for the texture not matching the OEM, I don't want it to match. The dash board for example has the texture you are talking about. If I was repairing the dashboard then that is one thing. But I'm usually modifying/fabricating pieces that never had a texture to begin with. You always want a little contrast of some sort. So on the S13, all of the trim panels are smooth, whereas the dash is textured. So when I lay on my final finish, I either finish it in a smooth finish or a textured finish... it's up to the customer. On the S14, the trim panels have a texture on them(HVAC trim, radio trim and shifter trim). So since these three pieces come in contact with each other, I simply refinish all three pieces.... no matter if it's textured or smooth. If you tried to only do one and match it, then it's not going to match PERFECT. The color isn't going to be exact and/or the texture may not be exact, no matter what method is used. So by simply refinishing all three pieces you can rest assured they will all match each other.... which is what really matters.

Follow Along For My Latest Work
My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Broadfield is offline   Reply With Quote