Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 11-29-2012, 11:18 PM   #1
Phoenix4987
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
Phoenix4987 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
S14 Return of the living dead

Ah. It all started about a year ago when I bought a KA-T powered S14 off this dude. Apparently he had gotten into some legal trouble with his car and needed the money to pay for all his court fees. It came with the same Garrett ball-bearing turbo off of the stock S14 Sr20, some suspension upgrades, a few gauges, etc.

I didn't have it for more than a couple months when one night I run outta gas. A buddy comes to the rescue, but I had a few beers waitin on him. He was always the type to fantasize about his '03 Eclipse GT being a GTR and demands that I "try and keep up" on the way back...

I had failed to mention it was turbo'd on a stock bottom end . So. In the midst of shutting my friend up, I ended up blowing the engine. Threw a rod, piston came off and bent a few valves before seizing in the cylinder. God rest Cylinder #2's metallic soulless body.

Didn't find out until the weekend when we took it all apart. Pictured here:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y45...93174479_n.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y45...45135452_n.jpg

I was deploying to Afghanistan soon, so I just threw my car in storage and thought about my options while I was over there. Do I rebuild the KA? Get an SR? RB? I wanted something that wasn't too costly and had a good aftermarket selection for upgrades. I went with the SR and priced everything. Soon parts started showing up at my friends house back in the states.

Nismo Thermostat
Nismo L&R Motor Mount
Nismo Tranny Mount
Nismo Stainless Steel Clutch Line
ACT Street Strip Clutch Kit
ACT Prolite Flywheel
Mishimoto Radiator
Circuit Sports Rad Hoses
Apexi Intake
Blitz FMIC
MR Short Shifter
Wiring Specialties Wiring Harness
Seibon CF Trunk
Motegi MR125s 17s in Hankook Ventus V12s
NGK Spark Plugs
OEM Replacement Belts

Friend showed me what my wheels looked like in front of his MKIII

Well me and my buddy were gonna do this whole build together. But he ended up gettin hospitalized while we were overseas, so I had to go to a shop for the install. I didn't have all the tools I needed and the hobby shop on base got shut down due to budget cuts. So I did a little research and went to Marco @ SR20 Store in Gardena, CA. Figured if I wanted this shit done, I wanted it done right. The previous owner of the car did some janky shit and I was just tired of it. I'm still waiting to go pick it up, still some electrical issues being worked out, but here's how she looks at present.

Can't wait to get back behind the wheel! Gonna do the Front conversion, debating between USDM and JDM. And eventually push past the 300hp milestone. Keep you updated. Thanks for reading.

-tim
Phoenix4987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links