Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 01-13-2016, 01:41 AM   #1
DSMelitistPrick

Trader Rating: (0)
DSMelitistPrick is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
F31/Infiniti M30 suspension questions

I figured Zilvia would be a good place to ask, since these cars are basically made of a bizarre stew of parts from both cars, and F31 club is down, and has been dead for months. I saw a few members here have owned and modded these cars, as well.

My roommate (who is not a car enthusiast at all) has a bone stock M30 as a daily driver. Her struts are blown. Since stock replacements cost eleventy billion dollars because of some sonar device that should have never even been thought of, that's cost prohibitive.

I've heard a lot about S13 suspension being made to work. What I haven't found is a comprehensive list of what parts we need to buy to make it work, or what modifications need to be made. Keep in mind that she just needs a good safe strut replacement. She doesn't care about performance or stance.

Any help would be MUCH appreciated. Thank you.
DSMelitistPrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-2016, 09:16 AM   #2
slidewayz240
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
slidewayz240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
When i put s13 suspension in my infiniti, i used s13 knuckles and front hubs, s13 tierods, s13 front lower control arms (in this case, s13 ball joints to press into the m30 lcas as s13 arms are longer). you also need s13 front coilovers of some sort as the stock spring is too large to fit in the front strut tower. from what i remember the s13 front strut is also shorter than the m30 strut so you really need to have something that will let you adjust height. For the rear all you need is s13 rear struts, but you have to drill a hole for the strut top, and oval out one of the m30 strut top holes. (m30 is a 3 bolt strut top, s13 is 2 hole)

when i did the s13 swap on my m30 i used s13 struts with eibach springs and ground control coilover sleeves. it rode surprisingly well and was a nice ride height but definitely much lower than stock. the front coils were adjusted all the way up, and the rears all the way down to get it to sit level.

hope this helps some.
slidewayz240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 04:24 PM   #3
slow_sr20
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (13)
slow_sr20 has a brilliant futureslow_sr20 has a brilliant futureslow_sr20 has a brilliant futureslow_sr20 has a brilliant futureslow_sr20 has a brilliant futureslow_sr20 has a brilliant futureslow_sr20 has a brilliant futureslow_sr20 has a brilliant futureslow_sr20 has a brilliant futureslow_sr20 has a brilliant futureslow_sr20 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Everything he said. www.f31club.com is the m30 forum. I ran a mixed bag of s13 & s14 front end parts with eBay china coils. Rode well.....anything will be better than the blown stock stuff at this point.
slow_sr20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 07:29 PM   #4
mooknmi
BANNED

Trader Rating: (0)
mooknmi is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
the front coils were adjusted all the way up, and the rears all the way down to get it to sit level.
mooknmi is offline   Reply With Quote