Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 01-19-2021, 01:03 PM   #1
hiimelvin

Trader Rating: (3)
hiimelvin is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by super.trick View Post
Haha I used to, but now both my guys have cameras in their garages and can't do anything for me.

That said, there were probably 10 things wrong with my daily this year, but they checked the brakes first, failed it, then stopped the test. When I brought it back they only checked that I repaired the brakes and passed it.
Might have to orchestrate something similar with the 240 cause god knows there are about 4,632,314 potential violations.

As for the lights... you're not wrong. 95% of the time they are off they are indeed down. But I'm OCD about details and want them looking fly for that 5% I guess.

The H1's are the smaller projector I posted dimensions for... probably the best option for a 5x7 that's got limited space behind it.
I'm also looking at OE E55 Projectors cause they are made by Hella and may share design/mounting features with whatever projector comes in the housing, making the whole job easier. They also go for $25 on Ebay so perfect to experiment with.

I don't mean to knock all clear lense retrofits, some can look really good. I just don't like the look for my car. I always liked this clear glass lense (Nokya housing) retrofit using E55 shrouds. These were made by a guy on Club4AG years back.

EDIT: I should receive the headlights within a month
These look awesome, any updates on them?
hiimelvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-2021, 01:20 PM   #2
JrDarknes
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
JrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiimelvin View Post
These look awesome, any updates on them?
https://www.club4ag.com//forums/view...p?f=15&t=19729

I don't know if he still makes them but good info in here. Not too hard to do yourself. Plan on doing mine this summer.
Old 02-26-2021, 10:23 AM   #3
super.trick
Leaky Injector

super.trick will become famous soon enoughsuper.trick will become famous soon enoughsuper.trick will become famous soon enoughsuper.trick will become famous soon enoughsuper.trick will become famous soon enough
My lights are far from done, but I wanted to update the thread with a little progress. I trimmed off all the mounting tabs and shortened the rear housings an inch or so. Afterwards they fit perfectly like regular sealed beams.

Sadly the hard part is yet to come... I still need to buy some Bi-xenon projectors to swap in. I've been focused on some other projects recently, but will update again once I get around to finishing them.

The lack of paint on my car certainly does the lights no favors, but overall I am happy with the look. Not pure OEM but definitely closer than the clear-lens retros I've seen. Hopefully the output is just as good when I finally get the the Bi-xenon's in.
super.trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 11:28 AM   #4
JrDarknes
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
JrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
BEAUTIFUL RETROFIT.
Where did you get that housing? It comes with the projector when you purchase it?
Old 02-26-2021, 11:45 AM   #5
super.trick
Leaky Injector

super.trick will become famous soon enoughsuper.trick will become famous soon enoughsuper.trick will become famous soon enoughsuper.trick will become famous soon enoughsuper.trick will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by silviaks2nr View Post
That looks nice. You might consider gs350 bixenon projectors which have a side mounted bulb instead of rear mounted. This would help keep the depth short. I have used these projectors in a number of 14+ 4runner retrofits because of their shallow housings.
I haven't heard about those before, I will definitely look into them, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrDarknes View Post
Where did you get that housing? It comes with the projector when you purchase it?
Thanks, I got them on eBay from the UK. You won't find them in the states. They do come with a projector but it is low beam only, so it will need to be swapped to retain hi/low function.

Left:https://www.ebay.com/itm/1BL-005-740...72.m2749.l2649

Right: https://www.ebay.com/itm/1BL-005-740...UAAOSwGhFZhUan

This is the same seller I bought from.

The only difference left to right is the rear housing; the parking light is on opposite sides. The glass is identical for either side.
super.trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 03:51 PM   #6
silviaks2nr
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
silviaks2nr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
I haven't heard about those before, I will definitely look into them, thanks.
Projectors