Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 09-01-2009, 05:25 PM   #31
McCoy
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
McCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
Its superior to the G20 as it has IRS rear vs the crap they put in the G20. Too bad, G20's look nicer no doubt. Though in terms of all out fun Sentra SER's are kinda dope.
Actually the G20 front suspension (double wishbone) is superior to the Sentra/NX (Mac Strut)... The only down side to the G20 that I see is the additional weight, lack of aftermarket suspension parts, and no LSD on most models. The rear suspension doesn't really do that much... the front wheels are doing the turning and putting down the power, the backs just there for the ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
Sentra SE-R's are really fast. One of the fastest and best handeling front wheel drive cars for it's time. Can't think of anything much better that japan offered either.

About on par with the nx2000.

Now THAT'S an ugly car.
The NX and sentra share the same chassis (b13), motor, tranny, suspension, and several other pieces. Besides the body and some of the interior bits, you can consider them the same car. The NX is great for the trunk space but lacks in cooling up front compared to the sentra.

I've owned a mix of these cars, NX T-top, NX hardtop, and a se-r... all are fun, but the sentra is the one to go with if you are planning on running a turbo. The biggest down side is that the trannies are prone to break, especially when you start putting down alot of power, your limited on how big of a tire you can put under the fenders, and making the front tires do all the work leads to a shortened life... especially when you start running R-compound tires.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtonroche View Post
with the suspension setup i have it does handle fairly well, i could hold my own in the corners but too much throttle would not be a good thing in the corners. Perhaps a little too much power for actual twisties but with the lag from the big turbo its not that bad at all if i sayed in the 4500-5000 rpm area.
The nismo (clutch-type) LSD is what you need... well, if you care about the car being able to put down any power coming out of the turns. I ran the GTiR T28 at 12psi (dynoed at 250whp) and with hoosiers, the clutch-type lsd, a really big rear swaybar, and a descent suspension the car did wonders on track... to bad it ate through a fresh set of hoosiers in 3 track days!!!
McCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-01-2009, 05:26 PM   #32
ashtonroche
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
ashtonroche is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
how is that? a brand new ninja 600 runs 11.1@128 with a 150 lb rider stock, I trapped a best of 132 on slicks set at 9psi, Street tires at 35 psi is a whole different story on the top end. Practically no rolling resistance.

The bike i raced when i ran 11.1 was a modded new gsxr 750 with a 220 lb rider and he ran 10.7@128, he only passed me when i was burning the slicks in 1st, 2nd and part of 3rd then i started to catch him, at the end he had me by 1 car length and i trapped almost 4 mph faster. haha He came over and congrated me on a close freakin race, haha he was kinda shocked. The trap speed is good for 10.4 or so with a better 60ft and new slicks that actually grip, lol
ashtonroche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 05:34 PM   #33
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Sentra se-r/g20/nx tranny sucks. All the ones I see have or had fifth gear pop out.
Old 09-01-2009, 05:43 PM   #34
McCoy
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
McCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
Sentra se-r/g20/nx tranny sucks. All the ones I see have or had fifth gear pop out.
My current backup DD is a 91 G20 with 5th gear pop-out, lol. It only cost $1200 and has run for the past year with zero issues so I'm not complaining.

The previous 2 NX's and 1 sentra that I owned never had the issue though...
McCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 05:43 PM   #35
ashtonroche
Zilvia Junkie

ive only ever had one tranny get 5th gear popout, on my first se-r i ever had it had 234k miles on the original tranny, never rebuilt, ever, i bought it from the original owner, The car was even auto X'd and ran all the time. It had 285k and still going when i sold that car.

The problem is the gears are thin and the b13/14 trans case is very very poorly designed. The gearstack uses on single bearing on the rear part of the main shaft and the other stack just slides into a slot in the case. This causes flex in the gear stacks separating the gears from each other which will in turn shred the teeth on the gears.

With this setup i have already gone through one trans, notoriously it was 3rd gear as its the thinnest gear of them all and one of my favorite gears to punch it in, haha

Now there is the trans from the 2000-2001 Sentra B15 2.0L if you can find the sport model with the 5 speed LSD trans or the 2000-2002 Infiniti G20 P11 Sport with the 5 speed LSD its actually the best trans out there right now. The P11 has slightly longer gearing which is better for turbo anyways. The gears are 50% thicker and better material, The gearstacks use bearings on each end of each stack. There is very very few people that have damaged the gears on a B15 or P11 trans. And the one i know that did was in the 600whp or 700whp range drag car.

So which is what ill be picking up being i lost my 4th gear on my current trans which sucks even more than losing 3rd gear, 4th actually has traction and you can run through 4th and 5th, not 3rd and skip to 5th, Neways ill be picking up one from mexico here next week for $300 and in the states they usually go for 900-1000.
Old 09-01-2009, 07:29 PM   #36
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by McCoy View Post
My current backup DD is a 91 G20 with 5th gear pop-out, lol. It only cost $1200 and has run for the past year with zero issues so I'm not complaining.

The previous 2 NX's and 1 sentra that I owned never had the issue though...
I have you beat there. LOL my current daily driver is a 94 G20 with 88k on it and I only paid $500! LOL Oh and when I bought it(2 months ago) had 86k on it. It will soon have 89k on it.

Oh and for the record, while it gets good mileage and handles decent its still a FWD economy car. I am planning on probably picking up a mid 90's E36 BMW. Rear wheel drive truly is more fun.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 09:08 AM   #37
ashtonroche
Zilvia Junkie

I originally bought this se-r for $500 and it had 110k miles on it, clean as hell, the only thing is the previous owner bottomed out the oil pan and it lost oil pressure and spun every single rod bearing. So i threw a jdm motor in it when i got it for 475.00 shipped for the motor. Done deal.
Old 09-02-2009, 09:52 AM   #38
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
I am planning on probably picking up a mid 90's E36 BMW. Rear wheel drive truly is more fun.
switching to BMW, eh dave?

yeah... i'de like to see that. i dont think you have the balls to handle those kind of maintenance bills.
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 10:02 AM   #39
ashtonroche
Zilvia Junkie

i love the e36's but yeah bmw mainteanance sucks and God forbid if you have to buy stock parts for it. Even getting them cheap is more expensive that the most top of the line stuff for our cars.
Old 09-02-2009, 10:04 AM   #40
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
I'm currently rockin an '01 P11 (auto) and LOVIN it. Could use a liiiittle more power, but i'm lovin the mpg as well.
Old 09-02-2009, 10:13 AM   #41
K_style
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (63)
K_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 63 reviews
Quote:
i love the e36's but yeah bmw mainteanance sucks and God forbid if you have to buy stock parts for it. Even getting them cheap is more expensive that the most top of the line stuff for our cars.

arent you at work Ashton ?

I am ganna tell Eric !! haha j/k
K_style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 10:20 AM   #42
ashtonroche
Zilvia Junkie

i am at work, haha. Eric is doing the same thing right now looking at the sick sfwd approved catch can that im gonna be getting.

Look up T1 oil catch can. Now thats a catch can. haha Seriously though, im gonna pick it up soon.
Old 09-02-2009, 10:57 AM   #43
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Not really.

I managed to be able to afford a bmw at the age of 14.

So I know Dave as well as anyone else with a brain can afford it.
Old 09-02-2009, 10:58 AM   #44
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
switching to BMW, eh dave?

yeah... i'de like to see that. i dont think you have the balls to handle those kind of maintenance bills.
Actually Mike the drivetrain of the BMW is pretty much bullet proof. The only stuff that usually needs to be redone is suspension parts. So you look for a car with already done suspension parts. Seeing that it is a mid 90's car you can actually find it that way. Aron and I had a whole conversation about this.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 12:05 PM   #45
S14_Kouki
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (4)
S14_Kouki can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
hey man nice set up but you should clean out the engine/bay
S14_Kouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 11:24 PM   #46
ashtonroche
Zilvia Junkie

i do clean up the engine bay but just not in those pics. every time i do detail it i never take new pics of it.

I have an intake manifold on the way and im redoing some of my piping and stuff and rebuilding my turbo and powdercoating the compressor housing.

After all thats done ill probably take some good pics after a good cleaning. it shines up good but gets dirty sooo fast, haha
Old 09-03-2009, 08:36 PM   #47
Smurf_240SX
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
Smurf_240SX has made poor choicesSmurf_240SX has made poor choicesSmurf_240SX has made poor choicesSmurf_240SX has made poor choicesSmurf_240SX has made poor choicesSmurf_240SX has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Smurf_240SX
Love these little cars, Nice setup I have a 200SX with a GTI-R motor in it its pretty quick, and I've never had a problem with 5th gear pop out. I've read that you can fix that problem tho.
Smurf_240SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 03:03 AM   #48
napaKAliboog
BANNED

Trader Rating: (3)
napaKAliboog is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
eheheh I can survive in my new s70 t5 aiming for 2 bars =0P
napaKAliboog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 06:02 AM   #49
The Chad
Zilvia Addict

The Chad is just really niceThe Chad is just really niceThe Chad is just really niceThe Chad is just really niceThe Chad is just really niceThe Chad is just really niceThe Chad is just really niceThe Chad is just really niceThe Chad is just really nice
I suppose if looks were really the issue you could always do what my friend did and swap that package into an NX2000.

I like the old "lunch box" styling of the sentra's though. 3 of my friends growing up owned modded B13's and one NX2000 Turbo (which he still owns but rarely drives now) All of which owned my S14 back in 99'.
The Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 12:56 PM   #50
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
damnit ashton update your thread with pictures of the current happenings at the o'l dirt lot haha. or clean your car again
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 11:03 PM   #51
ashtonroche
Zilvia Junkie

Lets see, im out of town right now but here is what i got in my lot soo far.

Two AE86 corrollas in process of engine swaps. Lees 4AG is going into Matts coupe and the F20 motor is getting torn down to go to the machine shop and is going into Lee's 86 hatch.

Tylers S2k has an SR20 motor waiting to get test fitted in there and once the mounts are done its quick process after that.
Old 09-11-2009, 11:56 PM   #52
ashtonroche
Zilvia Junkie

Ive got a custom intake mani coming and ill be doing some fine tuning and going for around the 550whp mark and should be able to hit that around the 26psi of boost or so.

Ill take some pics of it installed and take some new vids.

[/QUOTE]
Old 09-17-2009, 08:34 PM   #53
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
yes indeed
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 10:37 PM   #54
sr20sean
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (25)
sr20sean is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sr20sean
some fwd sr20 love!
is this ashtonnx or w/e from sr20forum??
sr20sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 12:45 PM   #55
ashtonroche
Zilvia Junkie

yes this is ashtonsnissannx from sr20forum and ashtonsser from sr20-forum

That be me.
Old 10-11-2009, 04:53 PM   #56
nosajton
Zilvia Junkie

nosajton is on a distinguished road
you got a dyno sheet to prove you're making over 500 whp? i had a t3/t04e 60 trim but with the .63 housing.. we pulled the wastegate line and only made 470whp on the dyno and this was on a KA

i'd like to see some numbers but good setup
Old 10-14-2009, 09:26 AM   #57
ashtonroche
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosajton View Post
you got a dyno sheet to prove you're making over 500 whp? i had a t3/t04e 60 trim but with the .63 housing.. we pulled the wastegate line and only made 470whp on the dyno and this was on a KA

i'd like to see some numbers but good setup
I made 461whp,391wtq on only 24psi with stock intake manifold, stock throttle body and probably a slightly slipping clutch being it wasnt holding at the track top 4th and into 5th. I did the dyno in 4th.

The turbo im using is a 60 trim t3t04 that i just rebuilt myself so now its in perfect shape and with that intake manif and Q45 throttle body gains have been proven with smaller t2 turbos around 35-40whp accross the board.

I have the larger .82 turbine housing on mine and with the mani and 3" open downpipe dumping at the bottom of the bay it seems to flow really really well.

I was already told my turbo is good for 550whp easily maybe close to 600 pushing it to the limit. But 550whp reliably without making too much heat.

I figure around 26-28psi with this new intake mani and i should be at the 550whp mark or darn close to it. Just got all my stuff figured out and did some fine tuning to the maps before i took the broken trans off so my a/f is dead on the money right now not choppy like it was when i dynod.

Man i will say that i do have a P11 trans going on there now and just saving up the cash for a Clutchmasters Twin Disk setup to hold the power reliably to where i dont ever have to worry about it again, haha.

Also converted my clutch to hydraulic using the B15 Sentra clutch setup. Came out very nice. Just saving up the 1200.00 for the clutch. God its expensive. Easily the most expensive single mod on my car. haha
Old 10-14-2009, 09:28 AM   #58
ashtonroche
Zilvia Junkie

oh and from 19psi i was at 403whp, to 24 at 461. So almost 60whp from 5psi which is about right. 12hp per psi is about average. But i figure at the same boost levels ill probably be around 450whp at 19psi and over 500 at 24psi. Trust me the gains are there with this manifold as every 240 SR owner should know and as the saying goes.

You will never hear a 240 owner say thier stock intake manifold and throttle body is awesome. hahaha
Old 10-15-2009, 12:44 AM   #59
nosajton
Zilvia Junkie

nosajton is on a distinguished road
Quote:
oh and from 19psi i was at 403whp, to 24 at 461. So almost 60whp from 5psi which is about right. 12hp per psi is about average. But i figure at the same boost levels ill probably be around 450whp at 19psi and over 500 at 24psi. Trust me the gains are there with this manifold as every 240 SR owner should know and as the saying goes.

You will never hear a 240 owner say thier stock intake manifold and throttle body is awesome. hahaha
actually i made 720whp / 568wtq @ 40psi on a borg warner s362 and a water intercooler with xcessive intake mani and stock throttle body

i really see no reason to upgrade throttle bodies as my car is too fast as is.. spin the shitty 245 / 55 / 16 nitto drag radials in 4th as is

get the twin disc.. it was the best upgrade i did for my drivetrain but be careful its easy to break axles/trannys with the twin disc thats why i upgraded to a z32 tranny/q45 axles on my s14

you should come out to san diego sometime so we can race
Old 10-15-2009, 06:44 AM   #60
ashtonroche
Zilvia Junkie

yeah those are sick numbers man. Definetly have to hit up san diego sometime. Yeah im still on stock axles. I dont think ill have to worry about breaking them though. I know how to properly preload the drivetrain when launching even on sticky slicks. When preloading properly you really dont have to worry about breaking them. Especially on the streets when all i do is spin anyways, But its fun. haha

Its people that dont preload that have problems due to the initial snap of the drivetrain locking into place. Thats what breaks stuff. I have plenty of experience and seat time that ive mastered it, haha