Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 02-11-2014, 10:26 AM   #31
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by spooled240 View Post
the second car tries to play catch up by drifting shitty. Drifting used to be about style, not speed
I've watched every episode of Inital D.

It's all about speed. If you are not first, you are last.

Maybe you guys b should just lobby to make it like figure skating.

Have a pannel of judges vote based on how cool he drove, how badass asks low his car is and how well it worked with the music he choose.

Then we can have both singles and pairs!
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-11-2014, 10:28 AM   #32
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpnasty View Post
ill just hit the ground running here, formula D fucking sucks. I'd watch 100hp corollas any day of the week, over some autopilot driving, ugly sounding, ugly looking cars.

street legal, drift muscle, etc. would be awesome here, but everyone forgot drifting is about looking good, accessorizing yo whip, and neons and strobes.... fucking BOOORIINNG.
And you forgot that racing is about winning.
Old 02-11-2014, 11:01 AM   #33
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
I've watched every episode of Inital D.

It's all about speed. If you are not first, you are last.

Maybe you guys b should just lobby to make it like figure skating.

Have a pannel of judges vote based on how cool he drove, how badass asks low his car is and how well it worked with the music he choose.

Then we can have both singles and pairs!
I also watched Initial D and I guarantee you the show would not have been as popular as it was if Takumi was drifting in a ugly ass rwd scion tc with 1000+ hp against 400hp production cars..it's just not fun to watch.
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 11:06 AM   #34
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
I also watched Initial D and I guarantee you the show would not have been as popular as it was if Takumi was drifting in a ugly ass rwd scion tc with 1000+ hp against 400hp production cars..it's just not fun to watch.
Tell the losers in the 400hp broke ass rides to man up and make 1000hp.
Old 02-11-2014, 11:15 AM   #35
KevinEdgar
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (19)
KevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Competitive drifting in general is just lame. Build your car, go have fun, and go home.

Personally I do it for the fun, my car is riced out, decent looking, and most importantly, BUILT BY ME.

also: if its not making you money, don't go broke doing it.

http://milktea-man.com
KevinEdgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 11:23 AM   #36
spooled240
Post Whore!

spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
then keiske swaps a LS in his FD because that little 13b won't cut it. Then throws on some red bull graphics and american racing wheels.

gay.
Old 02-11-2014, 11:32 AM   #37
gbaby2089
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
gbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
And you forgot that racing is about winning.
When did drifting become racing?
gbaby2089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 11:49 AM   #38
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaby2089 View Post
When was it not?
Old 02-11-2014, 11:49 AM   #39
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (115)
DJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 115 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DJPimpFlex Send a message via MSN to DJPimpFlex
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinEdgar View Post
Competitive drifting in general is just lame. Build your car, go have fun, and go home.

Personally I do it for the fun, my car is riced out, decent looking, and most importantly, BUILT BY ME.

also: if its not making you money, don't go broke doing it.
I appreciate your opinion but for me drifting is ALL ABOUT competition. I love battling with friends.
Old 02-11-2014, 11:50 AM   #40
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

DJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaby2089 View Post
Drifting isn't racing in the strictest definition but it definitely is a competition and there are winners and losers and money on the line. For most people in FD having a ugly car that wins is more important than having a slammed car that doesn't win.
Old 02-11-2014, 11:56 AM   #41
75bluemage
Leaky Injector

75bluemage is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
Somehow, Drift Muscle makes it work.

If everyone wants LSx's, I'd rather see a whole field of Camaro's, Vettes & GTO's than swapped RX7's, Silvia's and whatever... I mean, what exactly are you marketing in a fucking 240 and other 20+ year old shit? You wanna talk cheap/reliable power? Why not just leave the fucking engine in the car it's supposed to be in and go race that? Less shit to fab up, less shit to break and easier parts selection.

Be for real now... You can strip down and prep a C6 Vette or Camaro for less time & money than it takes to build a competitive LSx 240.

Seriously, I don't enjoy Formula D for the same reason I don't enjoy Nascar: those cars have ZERO connection to what you'd see in the dealership or on the street.

When those V8 powered RWD Scion TC's hit the scene, I completely lost interest in FD bullshit.
That tc had a stock motor just like the tomei brz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
75bluemage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 12:35 PM   #42
gbaby2089
Zilvia Addict

gbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfection
Its a competition, but its definitely not a race.
gbaby2089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 12:47 PM   #43
EnjukuBG
Zilvia Member

EnjukuBG is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Tire cap or not, I think we've all seen these 1000+ hp cars get an enormous head start on the car with less hp. Then the losing teams go back to the drawing board and decide they need a v8 to even compete..thus creating ///DRIFTING
You realize a 2jz is the reason why everyone is pushing for 1000hp right? Daigo came in guns blazing with that 2jz Lexus and destroyed everyone. Cause and effect man. The effect from Daigo's rocketship is what you're seeing today. So who's to blame?
Old 02-11-2014, 12:51 PM   #44
EnjukuBG
Zilvia Member

Also, Aasbo's Scion is arguably one of the fastest cars in FD today, and it's a 4 cylinder. Either way it's still the v8 lovers fault, duh.
Old 02-11-2014, 12:56 PM   #45
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Daigo definitely came in and changed American drifting. I'm still not entirely sure weather it was for the better or not. Overall I think he definitely made people raise their driving. Tandems are closer and people drive harder, less sandbagging. From a power perspective it has definitely gotten out of hand IMO but cause and effect like BG said.
Old 02-11-2014, 01:15 PM   #46
vas570sx
Zilvia Addict

vas570sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnjukuBG View Post
Also, Aasbo's Scion is arguably one of the fastest cars in FD today, and it's a 4 cylinder. Either way it's still the v8 lovers fault, duh.
what do you know about v8 drift cars? nerd

Old 02-11-2014, 02:54 PM   #47
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 75bluemage View Post
That tc had a stock motor just like the tomei brz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Da fuq are you talking about?!
Tanner Foust's Scion tC Drift Car: V8-Powered, RWD, Ridiculous

I stopped caring after this thing hit the scene. Don't care if Aasabo's is 4 banger... going through all that work to make a FWD into RWD is equally rediculous to me.

I just feel sorry for the dumbass kid who buys a Scion TC thinking he can be build it up to be like Foust's or Aasabo's...
simmode1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 03:41 PM   #48
spooled240
Post Whore!

Quote:
You realize a 2jz is the reason why everyone is pushing for 1000hp right? Daigo came in guns blazing with that 2jz Lexus and destroyed everyone. Cause and effect man. The effect from Daigo's rocketship is what you're seeing today. So who's to blame?
That's why there needs to be a power cap. I'm not particularly hating on v8's. The LS swap is badass. It's light, durable and 400 hp out of the box with ample aftermarket support. I just hate how there seems to be a cookie cutter way of building the cars that compete in these events.

I enjoy looking at the cars in the parking lot more than watching the actual event.
Old 02-11-2014, 05:44 PM   #49
1 88 U
Zilvia Junkie

1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known
D1GP is banning Nos so maybe FD will go that route to handicap Saito.

Speaking of which, Daigo Saito doesn't even use the max width tire for his class and would probably be faster with less hp but his love for killing tires with 1200hp heavy verts or sedans with style trumps having the most "competitive" setup.
1 88 U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 06:52 PM   #50
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
The LS swap is badass. It's light, durable and 400 hp out of the box with ample aftermarket support. I just hate how there seems to be a cookie cutter way of building the cars that compete in these events.
Just like every defined race series ever?
Old 02-11-2014, 09:37 PM   #51
spooled240
Post Whore!

in terms of engine choice? not really..
Old 02-12-2014, 01:17 PM   #52
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Ok, some ppl love the reliability of the LSx and the versitility to put it in any damn chassis.

Some ppl are purists and want to see turbo engines powered JDM cars.

Make everybody happy: Leave FD as it is and create a Street Class to transition drivers from grassroots to Pro-Am to the higher level Pros.

Street class would feature street legal cars only, meaning:
- No tube chassis
- Engine swaps limited to the chassis' manufacturer
- Use of data-logging equipement to impose HP caps based on power to weight ratio.
- No FWD to RWD conversions.

Race it on sunday, sell it on monday. Just my opinion.
Old 02-12-2014, 05:23 PM   #53
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Ok, some ppl love the reliability of the LSx and the versitility to put it in any damn chassis.

Make everybody happy: Leave FD as it is and create a Street Class to transition drivers from grassroots to Pro-Am to the higher level Pros.

- No tube chassis
- Use of data-logging equipement to impose HP caps based on power to weight ratio.

Maybe that is what needs to happen. Teams go to well defined tube-chassis and use decals to represent the make. This way it's all driver.

Old 02-12-2014, 05:27 PM   #54
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Quote:
Maybe that is what needs to happen. Teams go to well defined tube-chassis and use decals to represent the make. This way it's all driver.

I mean I'm kind of down.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0t3m_Fl0rxU
Old 02-12-2014, 06:02 PM   #55
carcrazee
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
carcrazee is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I think FD should take a step back and look where drifting came from, making a car look cool and drifting it with style, not trying to make it around the track with hardly any angle as fast as u can, like u can go watch FD drifting on youtube or whatever then go watch D1GP footage and its night and day on how they drive the cars through the track, that's my opinion
carcrazee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 04:18 PM   #56
EnjukuBG
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 88 U View Post
D1GP is banning Nos so maybe FD will go that route to handicap Saito.

Speaking of which, Daigo Saito doesn't even use the max width tire for his class and would probably be faster with less hp but his love for killing tires with 1200hp heavy verts or sedans with style trumps having the most "competitive" setup.
Why exactly are they banning Nitrous?

I definitely wouldn't call Daigo's SC430 stylish. And regardless if he uses the max tire width or not, that car is SO fast as is.

Quote:

- No tube chassis

It's not FD's job to make everyone happy, and it's not their job to make a street class to compensate for people who can't build cars that can keep up with the top 16. I don't agree with the same manufacturer engine junk, but I'd love to see someone else start a street league series. But at the end of the day there is no money in that, and a professional series needs money. It's never JUST about racing in ANY race series because money makes the world go round.

All that being said, I'd never spend my own money to try and run that series. I'd rather keep driving the fun way with friends.
Old 02-13-2014, 06:00 PM   #57
AFSil80
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
AFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to AFSil80 Send a message via MSN to AFSil80
Quote:
All that being said, I'd never spend my own money to try and run that series. I'd rather keep driving the fun way with friends.
Because we all know there's nothing more fun than hitting events and then partying in town with friends.

P.S. What if Heaven was Hell?
Old 02-13-2014, 11:12 PM   #58
simmode1
Post Whore!

Quote:
It's not FD's job to make everyone happy, and it's not their job to make a street class to compensate for people who can't build cars that can keep up with the top 16.
If they lose enough viewers, I'm sure they'll consider alternatives.

But maybe not. They've just traded their JDM fanbase for the Nascar fanbase.

Anyways. I'm not interested. Gonna go watch old Drift Mucsle videos and enjoy my own car. FD has moved too far away from its roots for me to care anymore.
Old 02-13-2014, 11:14 PM   #59
redline racer510
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
redline racer510 is on the path to ruinredline racer510 is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
The question we should be asking is what real advantage does a 1000hp car have over say a 600hp car with the same weight?
Old 02-14-2014, 10:20 AM   #60
spooled240
Post Whore!

^even if it means the 1000hp gets half a car length ahead of the 600hp car that could determine the outcome of the competition.