Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 03-21-2011, 02:48 PM   #13711
keeeban
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (22)
keeeban is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by quick.msp View Post
Thank you, anymore pics of that car?

Im trying to decide between navan front bumper (with itr lip) and kouki skirts, Or just get a full kit, really like orgin lab stylish. Not sure what route to go?

Gonna post some pics of the car now
The cost of a good condition Navan front + kouki sides + paint is basically the same price as a kit. I guess it all comes down to oem aero vs aftermarket, but I learn more towards oem so I don't have to deal with fiberglass

photo credit goes to KevinEdgar
Old 03-21-2011, 03:00 PM   #13712
mad-ass
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
mad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mad-ass
Quote:
Originally Posted by icedsole View Post
leave the car how it is. it is 100% level.
the only reason it looks raked out is becauase the rear fender line is lower than the front.
oh thank god someone else knows this besides me finally[it seems like].

and...i might put the d-max trunk spoiler on the car today just for the hell of it.
Old 03-21-2011, 03:10 PM   #13713
Ithical
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (15)
Ithical is making a name for him/her selfIthical is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
leave the car how it is. it is 100% level.
the only reason it looks raked out is becauase the rear fender line is lower than the front.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mad-ass View Post

and...i might put the d-max trunk spoiler on the car today just for the hell of it.
problem was i can't even drive it, it was rubbing inside the inner wheel well and the exhaust was scraping like mass. so i had to raise it up a bit. I did just now and am able to see the ground lol. Now i'm not rubbing but I'd like a little more clearance.
Ithical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 03:19 PM   #13714
mad-ass
Nissanaholic!

mad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud of
it's not cool when you hit your diff on bumps man..especially if you got a nice 2way lsd back there.

shit's frightening!
Old 03-21-2011, 03:21 PM   #13715
Ithical
Zilvia Junkie

Ithical is making a name for him/her selfIthical is making a name for him/her self
haha yea, still got my open.. =/
Old 03-21-2011, 03:31 PM   #13716
chiboy002
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
chiboy002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
I drilled through the aftermarket bumper on mine in the red circles and looped the zipties where the yellow line is. and ziptied at the quarter panel lip
Quote:
Originally Posted by s14a.marc View Post
Mine has screws in the normal place where the trunk closes, on the arch lip (you can just make one out behind my tyre) and thats it.
aah thank you guys
Old 03-21-2011, 03:46 PM   #13717
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
fckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
it's not cool when you hit your diff on bumps man..especially if you got a nice 2way lsd back there.

shit's frightening!
so that's what hits...lol. Always thought it was the exhaust.
fckillerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 03:50 PM   #13718
icedsole
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (24)
icedsole is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
anyone in here interested in SE lips?

i have one brand new unpainted one, and one with paint on it.

pm me
Old 03-21-2011, 03:52 PM   #13719
icedsole
Nissanaholic!

Quote:

lol ive know this since i owned the car. everyones too blazed to notice.

then they complain about rake, then some fools run their shit like a funny car.

smh
Old 03-21-2011, 04:01 PM   #13720
essforteen
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (50)
essforteen has a brilliant futureessforteen has a brilliant futureessforteen has a brilliant futureessforteen has a brilliant futureessforteen has a brilliant futureessforteen has a brilliant futureessforteen has a brilliant futureessforteen has a brilliant futureessforteen has a brilliant futureessforteen has a brilliant futureessforteen has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 50 reviews
My brohams car!

Holy shit thats big how do i resize?
essforteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 04:02 PM   #13721
nathanong87
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
nathanong87 is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
why are you confused? yeah if i took camber out my wheels would poke like one of those fitment faggits. but then again i cant because my car tucks rim static.
im talking about wheel in relation to the bottom of the kit. if i were to take my spacer off at zero and set camber around -1 it would look like ass.
so i refuse to do it. wider wheels? i dont see why i would want to run 9j's on 50mm over fenders, shit, i already run a 38mm spacer as it is on stock fenders.
straight told
Old 03-21-2011, 04:13 PM   #13722
95KA-Turbo
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithical View Post
problem was i can't even drive it, it was rubbing inside the inner wheel well and the exhaust was scraping like mass. so i had to raise it up a bit. I did just now and am able to see the ground lol. Now i'm not rubbing but I'd like a little more clearance.
Sledge hammer + inner fender wells = some more clearance if you haven't done it yet. If you heat the fuck out of it you can get some decent clearance (~1/2 and inch).

Also, for your fronts I assume you've taken out all of the collars? I trimmed my front brackets where the coils bolt to the spindles to get some more room to lower it. What sized tire do you have up front and how long are your front springs? When I got my 7" springs I had to put all of the collars back up top and I am still tucking ~1/2 to 3/4 of an inch worth of my 235/40/17.

Instagram - SJKnoop
95KA-Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 04:24 PM   #13723
Ithical
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95KA-Turbo View Post
Sledge hammer + inner fender wells = some more clearance if you haven't done it yet. If you heat the fuck out of it you can get some decent clearance (~1/2 and inch).

Also, for your fronts I assume you've taken out all of the collars? I trimmed my front brackets where the coils bolt to the spindles to get some more room to lower it. What sized tire do you have up front and how long are your front springs? When I got my 7" springs I had to put all of the collars back up top and I am still tucking ~1/2 to 3/4 of an inch worth of my 235/40/17.
I'm happy with the fronts look, I have a 215/40/17. The rear is/was the problem. It was rubbing the undercoating shit inside the well right around the top near where it startes to loop, i guess would be the best way to explain it. Eitherway the exhaust needs to be tucked cause dual n1s sit way too low, and that'll add for more clearance then maybe lower it again. For now, gunna raise it another 1/2 and inch and call it a day till the exhaust gets tucked.

Also, only removed 2 collars not all of them, for the fronts.
Old 03-21-2011, 04:32 PM   #13724
1on1
Post Whore!

1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all
I dont know why I didnt bash the inside wheel well...I should have though. We'll work on it when you get your goodies in!!!
Old 03-21-2011, 04:38 PM   #13725
harangatang
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
harangatang can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Thanks for the valances S14bs

But, I think I am going to stray down the kouki road once again. So I will probably just end up re-selling these things.
Dmax type I, 30mm rear overs, and most likely Lexus Glacier frost, here I come.

harangatang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 04:39 PM   #13726
Ithical
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1on1 View Post
I dont know why I didnt bash the inside wheel well...I should have though. We'll work on it when you get your goodies in!!!
yea I can't wait for those new goodies to come in!
Old 03-21-2011, 05:35 PM   #13727
yoni_nismo
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (29)
yoni_nismo has a reputation beyond reputeyoni_nismo has a reputation beyond reputeyoni_nismo has a reputation beyond reputeyoni_nismo has a reputation beyond reputeyoni_nismo has a reputation beyond reputeyoni_nismo has a reputation beyond reputeyoni_nismo has a reputation beyond reputeyoni_nismo has a reputation beyond reputeyoni_nismo has a reputation beyond reputeyoni_nismo has a reputation beyond reputeyoni_nismo has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by essforteen View Post
My brohams car!

Holy shit thats big how do i resize?
Hope that helps now fix my front bumper so we could have that photo-shoot
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1300750405.119561.jpg (105.7 KB, 122 views)
File Type: jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1300750445.538568.jpg (98.3 KB, 123 views)
Old 03-21-2011, 06:45 PM   #13728
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

fckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfection
^^^is it me...or does that rear bumper flare more on the left side?
fckillerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 06:54 PM   #13729
icedsole
Nissanaholic!

^ photographer is slightly left of the car making it look that way.

its even tho
Old 03-21-2011, 09:15 PM   #13730
s14fbs
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
s14fbs is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via AIM to s14fbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by harangatang View Post
Thanks for the valances S14bs

But, I think I am going to stray down the kouki road once again. So I will probably just end up re-selling these things.
Dmax type I, 30mm rear overs, and most likely Lexus Glacier frost, here I come.
if you wanna resell them sell them 2 persona hes a good friend on mine and decided he wanted a set a couple days after i sold them and i kinda felt bad lol
or hit me up i might buy them back cause in the future
s14fbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 09:48 PM   #13731
mad-ass
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fckillerbee View Post
so that's what hits...lol. Always thought it was the exhaust.
yeah, when you hit exhaust, it sounds bit hallow, but when you hit your diff or subframe, you'll feel that bump in your seats!

Ok..so I didn't put the d-max spoiler on...i may never put it on the car..lol. i may mock it up just to take pics of it just in case someone wants it still.

i should do that tomorrow? maybe
Old 03-21-2011, 10:40 PM   #13732
1on1
Post Whore!

1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all
^just fuckin do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I remember when my diff used to hit road marks, I always giggled when drivers would pass me up.
Old 03-21-2011, 11:00 PM   #13733
chiboy002
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
chiboy002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
yeah, when you hit exhaust, it sounds bit hallow, but when you hit your diff or subframe, you'll feel that bump in your seats!

Ok..so I didn't put the d-max spoiler on...i may never put it on the car..lol. i may mock it up just to take pics of it just in case someone wants it still.

i should do that tomorrow? maybe
aw fuck i hit that shit EVERY day when i come out my garage. always thought it was an exhaust hanger that sits super low or a flange

fuck. differential skid-plate time
Old 03-21-2011, 11:48 PM   #13734
Biggie-Stig
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Biggie-Stig is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by keeeban View Post

photo credit goes to KevinEdgar

hey man thats clean as h*ll
what lip is that
Biggie-Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 12:09 AM   #13735
tqstarburst
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
tqstarburst is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
So i made thread about this,but wouldn't hurt to post here. So zenki owners. Im looking for a drivers s14 RLCA and Jdm Kouki wing, please pm me a price shipped to 79907. Thanks
tqstarburst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 02:22 AM   #13736
illvialuver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
illvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Not sure you guys care or even follow it, but it seems that Matt Powers will be running rocketbunny this year. He listed them as a sponsor this season on his speedhunters post.
No pics, but I am jealous.
illvialuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 02:32 AM   #13737
AGNT84
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
AGNT84 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by illvialuver View Post
Not sure you guys care or even follow it, but it seems that Matt Powers will be running rocketbunny this year. He listed them as a sponsor this season on his speedhunters post.
No pics, but I am jealous.
matt powers + rocketbunny = MADNESS i wonder how the car is goin to look paint wise...

lets see some pix of that
AGNT84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 04:30 AM   #13738
s!lv!a
Leaky Injector

s!lv!a is an unknown quantity at this point
My old n/a ka s14:

My new RB25 s14:
Old 03-22-2011, 07:33 AM   #13739
G240
Zilvia Junkie

G240 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by guido69 View Post
hey man thats clean as h*ll
what lip is that
Did you even bother to look at the post you replied too? It says it in there.
G240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 07:49 AM   #13740
Leetfade
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
Leetfade is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
LoL. Ok so excuse my noobness if I'm way off here, but when I see ITR I think Integra Type-R... That's not really the lip people are running on their Navan bumpers, are they? And does it really stop short of the edge of the bumper near the wheel well?
Leetfade is offline   Reply With Quote