Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 12-02-2003, 08:49 AM   #1
Nismo240SX
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Nismo240SX is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Nismo240SX
Unhappy I got Two tickets!

yeah, i got pulled over today going to school. Some trooper stoped and did the usual rutein. He said my cat-back is too loud, and that i need to get silencers, or take it off. Well, he goes off in his car and start writting the first ticket. Then a town cop pulls up... when i have both windows down from the previous cop. The town cop says that she heard me at a different street. Well since she can't write me up for the exhuast because the trooper already is... she asks me to roll my window up to check for tint. I got busted for being too loud, and having too dark of tint. Virginia cops flat out suck. The ticket will be dropped if i take off my tint and get silencers for my exhuast.
Old 12-02-2003, 09:01 AM   #2
old_s13
BANNED

old_s13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Welcome to the club..

..the sportscar of America club. These tickets are usually given to younger folk who drive fixed up cars, but I've seen the same citation given to older folks as well.

Either the city really needs money or your car is truly too loud and over-tinted.

For the tint, you have no choice. For the exhaust, fight it in court. Read up, there is plenty of talk on the forums as to how to prepare yourself.

- Mike
old_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2003, 09:06 AM   #3
Nismo240SX
Zilvia Addict

on the exhuast, could you lead me in the right direction? and yeah my front windows are barely tinted. the town does need money.
Old 12-02-2003, 09:29 AM   #4
old_s13
BANNED

My entire car is tinted, from the windshield to the front windows to the rear windows and hatch -- all tinted the same light tint. Actually, the windshield is the one which is VERY lightly tinted, and thats because you obviously want to see out of it. However, I wanted to keep cabin temps cooler.. so I chose to tint it. Why do I mention this? Because I've been pulled over more times than anyone I know, they've NEVER said anything about my tints. Not trying to brag, just using this as statistical info. IMO, anytime you hit 35% or lower, you'll get cited.. period.

As for the exhaust, its all about interpreting the law:
http://www.greddy.com/CHPnoisepolicies.html

How did the officer know how to test your car? Did he have the necessary equipment and was he properly trained to use such equipment? Rhetorical question, the answer is no.. and thats because this ticket makes the city money, but they quickly ditch it to anyone who knows the code and goes to court over it. Understand the law, go to court, get it thrown out.

Good luck,
- Mike
Old 12-02-2003, 11:03 AM   #5
andrave
BANNED

andrave is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to andrave
better read your state law carefully, for instance, WV state law (where I live) doesn't allow for modifications to stock exhaust except for stock replacements.

but luckily the cops here are cool.
andrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2003, 12:37 PM   #6
old_s13
BANNED

Quote:
Originally posted by andrave
better read your state law carefully, for instance, WV state law (where I live) doesn't allow for modifications to stock exhaust except for stock replacements.

but luckily the cops here are cool.
this is america, not some communist country where dictators tell you what you can have on your car. any exhaust is legal as long as it doesnt fuck emissions and increase noise ABOVE a certain DB. Have a DB meter? Test your exhaust and take that to court as evidence.. thats one way to get your ticket thrown out.

the ONLY state that has weird ass laws is Hawaii with the damn RECON shit.. thats fuckin confusing crap that I wont even bother thinking about.. makes my head hurt.
Old 12-02-2003, 01:40 PM   #7
Jeff240sx
I hate you too...

Jeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond repute
Lakeland, FL has the same rules, no muffler except for stock replacement. I get harassed all the time I go to my gf's parents house. I laugh when the pull me over and ask if I know the ordinance that makes my exhaust illegal. I just say no, I don't live here and the cop gets sad. Tampa cops don't bother me with my Apexi n1 dual, just that stupid city where all the cars are super quite, and my low rumble sets off car alarms
It seems that if people made an uproar about how its unethical to require stock-only exhausts when aftermarket are cheaper, provide more horsepower which can reduce emissions and give better gas mileage, and will put many companies and 10's of thousands of people out of work if all states had those rules.
My tint is 10%, which is very illegal. I drive with my windows down most of the time, and have never been bothered about my tint from cops, and I get tickets all the time. If another cop pulled up and asked me to roll up my windows, I'd tell him/her that there is no justification to making me do that, and refuse to. I've been told my car is loud in Lakeland and that I need to pop my hood. Hell no! I said I'll submit to a sniffer test or a db meter test, but there is no reason to pop my hood, and didn't. Don't let cops have their way, or we lose!
-Jeff
Old 12-02-2003, 02:50 PM   #8
s14xman
Zilvia FREAK!

s14xman is a glorious beacon of lights14xman is a glorious beacon of lights14xman is a glorious beacon of lights14xman is a glorious beacon of lights14xman is a glorious beacon of lights14xman is a glorious beacon of lights14xman is a glorious beacon of lights14xman is a glorious beacon of lights14xman is a glorious beacon of lights14xman is a glorious beacon of lights14xman is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to s14xman
If its just a fix it ticket why cant you just bolt up your stock exaust and get it signed off? I know they might be wrong and all that but it might just save you a lot of time to just bolt up that stock exaust and drive it around for a few hours.
Old 12-02-2003, 03:29 PM   #9
Andrew Bohan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Andrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
i drove my truck around with 5% on the sides and 2.5% on the rear for 3 years and never got picked on at all. this is in the seattle area AND in the sf bay area
Andrew Bohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2003, 03:38 PM   #10
brianglawson
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
brianglawson is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to brianglawson Send a message via AIM to brianglawson Send a message via Yahoo to brianglawson
that sucks anus man, virginia sucks for car modifications, they are trying to outlaw anytype of eurotailights, which i dont like but alot of other people do, they shouldnt have to take em off....
Old 12-02-2003, 04:21 PM   #11
old_s13
BANNED

I know they might be wrong and all that but it might just save you a lot of time to just bolt up that stock exaust and drive it around for a few hours.

Because thinking like THAT is exactly what the guv-ment WANTS you to do. Spend hours inconveniencing yourself by crawling under your car, going through a bunch of unecessary work, taking the car to the court or sherrif, paying the sherrif's "paper work fee," and then paying the city the fee for your citation. Congratulations, you've just been assimilated AND fucked with no vasaline! Enjoy, please come back again!

i drove my truck around with 5% on the sides and 2.5% on the rear for 3 years and never got picked on at all. this is in the seattle area AND in the sf bay area

Yeah well, I've been driving without a dash, let alone an interior.. for the past 6 months.
Old 12-03-2003, 04:46 AM   #12
brianglawson
Nissanaholic!

Send a message via ICQ to brianglawson Send a message via AIM to brianglawson Send a message via Yahoo to brianglawson
were you late for school.............damn pigs and their little blue lights
Old 12-03-2003, 09:01 AM   #13
Nismo240SX
Zilvia Addict

yeah, i was late for school, but they let me slide because of the bullshit. i took the tint off already, but that ticket is getting knocked. as for the tropper's ticket, it will get thrown out after my super silencers come in at JGYcustoms. its bullshit in the first place. i have a couple of questions... okay, how do i get the sticky shit let on the windows from the tint? windex doesn't work. soaking windex and letting it sit for a while doesn't work.
Old 12-03-2003, 11:28 AM   #14
brianglawson
Nissanaholic!

maybe goo-be-gone type stuff would work.....

by the way....me and my dad almost have the ka completely out, all we have to do is lift it out, everything is out and unbolted....
getting closer and closer......

~Brian~
Old 12-03-2003, 12:09 PM   #15
240sxhed
Leaky Injector

240sxhed is an unknown quantity at this point
for the gunk left on the windows. spray it down with windex and grab a razor blade and begin to scrape. if you have a steam gun supposedly that works well. Razor blade was the way i went when i was getting ready for new tint. be prepared for some serious pain in your thumb . Anyway i have 14% all the way around and haven't been bothered by any pigs yet. Cops suck don't they have murderers and drug dealers, and people commiting actual traffic crimes instead of picking on us??
Old 12-03-2003, 12:34 PM   #16
stealthj
Zilvia Junkie

stealthj is making a name for him/her selfstealthj is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to stealthj
Quote:
Originally posted by Nismo240SX
yeah, i was late for school, but they let me slide because of the bullshit. i took the tint off already, but that ticket is getting knocked. as for the tropper's ticket, it will get thrown out after my super silencers come in at JGYcustoms. its bullshit in the first place. i have a couple of questions... okay, how do i get the sticky shit let on the windows from the tint? windex doesn't work. soaking windex and letting it sit for a while doesn't work.
goo gone is for light apps.

paint thinner....gasoline,,,alchohol... laqkuer thinner? (dunno how its spelled?)

all that and a razor blade
Old 12-03-2003, 01:24 PM   #17
RedlineRacer
Zilvia FREAK!

RedlineRacer is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to RedlineRacer Send a message via AIM to RedlineRacer
To remove the glue on tint, use De-Ice. I know it sounds wierd, but trust me. It works and no scraping. Just spray it on, let it sit for a minute or so, then wipe off.
RedlineRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2003, 04:22 PM   #18
MadChild
Leaky Injector

MadChild is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to MadChild
Man I feel sorry for you guys. The cops Minnesota are pretty tight. I have never got harrassed for any of my modications. Eventhough i did get pulled over twice, because of my stupidity, but they never question the loudness of my exhaust. I have a SR with a 3in DP and 3in exhaust, and it pretty F*cking loud