Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Group Buys

Group Buys Dedicated Forum for Group Buys.

Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2004, 01:48 PM   #1
MadScientist
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (3)
MadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really nice
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
BNR32 GTR Sumitomo Calipers

I will do this GB on a Per Order Basis... no limits or deadlines!

Group Buy is for the Front 4 Piston Caliper Set only!! $620 Shipped in the US48!!

Calipers include Brake Hose Adapter, and Retaining Pins for Pads.

Specs: These Calipers are solid aluminum and weight is only 6 1/2 lbs. each.
80% better internal cooling than 300zx TT Calipers and 10% more surface area. Calipers are designed to clear 295mm x 32mm Rotor. Larger Pistons than 300zx TT.

Optional Parts: Rotors, Brake Lines, and Brake Pads are available at additional cost (non group buy).

Information for the masses:
NO, the Stock Nissan 240SX Brake hoses will NOT work... 300ZX and BNR32 Front Brake Lines only!! 300ZX and BNR32 Rear Lines only work with 2 Piston Rear Calipers!
YES, the 300ZX and BNR32 Front Brake Lines will fit the stock Hard Lines.
YES and NO, Contraversial Issue... Yes, its a good idea to swap Master Cylinders for larger, No, its not a must unless you want track proven perfomance gains... then it is a must! Good Luck finding one in a salvage yard, or talk to your Nissan Parts Dealer.

Order Sumitomo Calipers Here!!
Old 03-23-2004, 01:57 PM   #2
MadScientist
Zilvia.net Advertiser

MadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really nice
I have added some options to the Calipers if anyone wants to build their own Brake Kit... All parts are NEW, not Used or Rebuilt... Price is very good for a Complete Kit.

I will add some more Options like Rear Rotors also...

Tell me what you guys think about this!!!?????
Old 03-24-2004, 10:03 AM   #3
r32gtr
Users Awaiting Email Confirmation

Trader Rating: (0)
r32gtr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
if i hadn't just bought some 300z calipers I would be very interested. I might need to get some new rotors though
Old 03-24-2004, 10:06 AM   #4
JasonNagra
Zilvia FREAK!

JasonNagra is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to JasonNagra
I think its kinda a waste IMO. Reason being I don't think many of us will see THAT big of a difference when compared to the 30MM Z32 units. If someone wants BIGGER brakes than the Z32 (or needs them) they will probably use the $600+ that they would spend on this kit and buy something truley big such as a Rotora, Project Mu or Brembo. I realize theres a big price difference, but spending only ~150 on a front Z32 setup, and then spending more than 600 for a GTR (marginally bigger) is not quite worth it and thats is also a huge price difference. Im sure you know that the Z32 calipers are quite easy to find chep too for most of us. My .02.

Edit: check your link.
Old 03-24-2004, 03:51 PM   #5
MadScientist
Zilvia.net Advertiser

As most anyone who deals with Rare Trick, knows...

1. we dont Sell Used Parts
2. we dont deal with Lowballers, but will Price-Match if reasonable.
3. we dont Sell U.S. Brands
4. we cater to True Enthusiast Only!!
5. Rice Sold Seperatly

The Caliper is NEW... not rebuilt or off a used salvaged car.
Weights Less, Better Cooling, Bigger Pads, Bigger Rotors = better perfomance than Z Brakes.... price new Z brakes at the dealer and you will pay more than these GTRs... research everything before assuming!!
Old 03-25-2004, 02:56 PM   #6
mk20116
Zilvia Junkie

mk20116 is an unknown quantity at this point
i think in about july or august i'll look into new calipers or an entire brake kit for my car....(need to refill account.....slightly used r32 gtr wheels....mmmmmm...)
Old 03-26-2004, 10:17 AM   #7
JasonNagra
Zilvia FREAK!

Assuming what?

What SAP is going to buy new Z32 calipers from the DEALER?? Buy em used for cheap spend a little time and money on rebiulding them and there just as good as new. Hmmm I wonder why these aren't selling so well??? Like I said there not worth it for most.

But I'm sorry, clearly i'm not a true enthusiast and my car is a flaming rice machine so discount my opinion entirely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadScientist
Tell me what you guys think about this!!!?????

You wanted some feedback, and I gave it to you.

Old 03-26-2004, 12:05 PM   #8
MadScientist
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonNagra
Assuming what?

What SAP is going to buy new Z32 calipers from the DEALER?? Buy em used for cheap spend a little time and money on rebiulding them and there just as good as new. Hmmm I wonder why these aren't selling so well??? Like I said there not worth it for most.

But I'm sorry, clearly i'm not a true enthusiast and my car is a flaming rice machine so discount my opinion entirely.

You wanted some feedback, and I gave it to you.
Not knocking your opinion Bro... this is something for those who want something different than Z, and has better performance.
Old 03-26-2004, 02:09 PM   #9
JasonNagra
Zilvia FREAK!

Sorry. I must have just taken what you typed the wrong way.

Old 03-29-2004, 10:33 AM   #10
MadScientist
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonNagra
Sorry. I must have just taken what you typed the wrong way.
I know the Z Calipers are cheep and easy to get Used... and usually a good starting point for most tuners. I pointed out the benifits over the Z Calipers so that anyone interested in the Z Calipers, do have an alternative option without dropping 2-3k on Brembo, etc.. and getting the same results.
Yes, the Sumitomo look like Z, but they do say Sumitomo over the NISSAN logo.

BIG BRAKE KITS DECREASE WHP!! Why? Rotational Mass... go figure!!