Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 07-31-2007, 04:26 PM   #1
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Let's get Megan to make us a Big Brake Kit.

So who would like to have megan make a bbk for the S13/S14? They have a kit for the EVO and STI. People who have tested said it was great.
http://www.meganracing.com/products/....asp?catid=116

I would be down in a heart beat. Any vendors out there that can push this?

The EVO 4 wheel kit (6 piston front 4 piston rear) can be had for less than $3000.

Go China!
0100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-31-2007, 04:28 PM   #2
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
gaddamnit.

i wouldnt put ANY megan racing parts on my car. just the name alone makes me want to take a dump.

looks like knockoff bro-tora, which looks like knockoff brembo.
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 04:28 PM   #3
Zilvia FREAK!

0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute
The also have a 350z kit.

Email them > http://www.meganracing.com/contact/contactus.asp
Old 07-31-2007, 04:32 PM   #4
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
gaddamnit.

i wouldnt put ANY megan racing parts on my car. just the name alone makes me want to take a dump.

Dude it's a 240sx not a Porsche. Of course it's a knockoff. Who the fuck cares. On my formula car I have alcons and stoptechs for my evo. My S13 will be getting straight china goodness.
Old 07-31-2007, 04:33 PM   #5
TheSquidd
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
TheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TheSquidd
On the fence.

Yeah, Megan is cheap crap, knockoff stuff...blah blah blah, but I'll be damned they at least make some decent stuff sometimes. And it'd be nice to see some of the kids building 350hp sr20's have the stopping power they need not to kill themselves.
TheSquidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 04:35 PM   #6
kdashy
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
kdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to kdashy
I wouldnt be the first one to buy this, but megan sure is trying.
Old 07-31-2007, 04:38 PM   #7
JDMS1lv1a
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (8)
JDMS1lv1a is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Big Brake Kit for an affordable price..hmm sounds good If you're not $ballin$

although ive heard some bad things about their parts
Old 07-31-2007, 04:43 PM   #8
MrChow
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (15)
MrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MrChow
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
gaddamnit.

Ditto. Have you seen the broke and half welded suspension part?
"It's stiff and hurts my livers! I'M A HANDLING GOD!"
WTT: 2 way for 1.5 way LSD
MrChow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 04:56 PM   #9
Zilvia FREAK!

Yup, weld it up and throw it on. lol
Old 07-31-2007, 05:06 PM   #10
420sx
Post Whore!

420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future
i just personally despise Megan.

CHEAP CHINESE SHIT. cant make anything worth a fuck. everything they make falls apart.

Attention walmart shoppers..... we got megan racing brake kits on sale! 15. 99
Old 07-31-2007, 05:09 PM   #11
pbcstylez
Nissanaholic!

pbcstylez is close to perfectionpbcstylez is close to perfectionpbcstylez is close to perfectionpbcstylez is close to perfectionpbcstylez is close to perfectionpbcstylez is close to perfectionpbcstylez is close to perfectionpbcstylez is close to perfectionpbcstylez is close to perfectionpbcstylez is close to perfectionpbcstylez is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to pbcstylez
i myself am chinese and wouldnt trust megan for anything, especially not BRAKES!

parking lot pimpin...

Seller Feedback here:
http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.p...ight=pbcstylez
pbcstylez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 05:10 PM   #12
EDacIouSX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
EDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to EDacIouSX Send a message via AIM to EDacIouSX Send a message via MSN to EDacIouSX Send a message via Yahoo to EDacIouSX
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0100 View Post
Dude it's a 240sx not a Porsche. Of course it's a knockoff. Who the fuck cares. On my formula car I have alcons and stoptechs for my evo. My S13 will be getting straight china goodness.
wtf... what are you trying to say? 240s dont deserve to have good parts put on the car??? That's like saying a porsche doesn't deserve good parts because it's not a ferrari. Well, enjoy your cheap "china goodness." freaken ricer...

Granted, megan stuff isn't known for quality. But, their parts are cheap and they get the job done.
EDacIouSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 05:12 PM   #13
TheSquidd
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
TheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TheSquidd
I think what he's saying is we can't all be expected to spend 8000$ on a brake system.
TheSquidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 05:12 PM   #14
Full-Lock
Nissanaholic!

Full-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Full-Lock
megan racing
MEGAN RACING

that name is so gay

but hopefully megan doesnt make a bbk. megan shit is already all over, i dont want to see that logo or hear that name anymore.

megan racing hahaha
Old 07-31-2007, 05:13 PM   #15
kandyflip445
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
kandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to kandyflip445
Quote:

I like your reasoning. If the car is cheap then so are the parts you put on it that keep you from running into a wall.

I wouldn't buy Megan brakes even if they were 200 dollars for the whole damn kit.
Old 07-31-2007, 05:16 PM   #16
OptionZero
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
OptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to OptionZero
if your car comes with stock brembos (As EVO, STi, 350Z track do), why would you put megan brakes on?

people are motherfuckin retarded

3z brakes are already dirt cheap, q45's are even more so, and replacement stock parts can be had for free
OptionZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 05:17 PM   #17
DJ_Sunrise
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
DJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DJ_Sunrise
$3000 for front and rear big brakes? Fuck that. I'd rather spend an extra hr before every race day swapping in race pads that can handle more heat than paying that much for big brakes. I personally wouldn't pay shit for upgraded brakes because the markup is so fucking high. On principle alone its fucking rediculous. Are there any Toyota calipers and rotors that fit on 240s???

-Bart
DJ_Sunrise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 05:20 PM   #18
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Fuck it, let the evo, sti, 350 guys upgrade so we can buy their used setups for our S-chassis. Anything is a fucking upgrade over the 2 piston caliper pieces of shiet...

Anyways, if your still not happy with a Z32 brake setup, do a search for what they use for upgrades. Slap those on, its all your ever gonna need. If this shiet wont stop a sub 3000lbs car, just aim for the wall...

http://www.arizonazcar.com/300zxbrakes.html

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 05:26 PM   #19
drift-it
BANNED

drift-it is making his/her stupidity well-knowndrift-it is making his/her stupidity well-knowndrift-it is making his/her stupidity well-knowndrift-it is making his/her stupidity well-knowndrift-it is making his/her stupidity well-known
Send a message via AIM to drift-it
I wouldn't run megan anything even if it was free.
drift-it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 05:30 PM   #20
OptionZero
Post Whore!

OptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_Sunrise View Post
$3000 for front and rear big brakes? Fuck that. I'd rather spend an extra hr before every race day swapping in race pads that can handle more heat than paying that much for big brakes. I personally wouldn't pay shit for upgraded brakes because the markup is so fucking high. On principle alone its fucking rediculous. Are there any Toyota calipers and rotors that fit on 240s???

-Bart
there are lots of Nissan brakes that fit, so why would anyone bother with toyota?

you can get a two-piece, 12.75inch front rotor for less than $300 (each) and use them with 3z calipers (w/ adapter) or 350z brembos (w/ drilling)

and all that is already overkill
Old 07-31-2007, 05:31 PM   #21
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDacIouSX View Post
wtf... what are you trying to say? 240s dont deserve to have good parts put on the car??? That's like saying a porsche doesn't deserve good parts because it's not a ferrari. Well, enjoy your cheap "china goodness." freaken ricer...

Granted, megan stuff isn't known for quality. But, their parts are cheap and they get the job done.
Lol dude I am the farthest thing from a ricer. I said my s13 is getting megan brakes. I am building a super cheap drift car to rag the shit out of that is my goal for this car. I can't afford to put real JDM parts on the s13, all the money went into jdm parts for the evo. I just bought a Ti front strut bar for the evo that cost me $400. I think I am crazy but I have a different goal with that car which is no expence spared time attack car. I have had many 240sx's in my day some all out and some not. My current one like I said is CHEAP. If I was building my s13 full out for time attacks then yeah I probably would go with something different. If my evo was a dd I would buy the megans. Good god I love the 240sx and have owned one longer than most members on here. Relax people.
Old 07-31-2007, 05:34 PM   #22
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptionZero View Post
if your car comes with stock brembos (As EVO, STi, 350Z track do), why would you put megan brakes on?

people are motherfuckin retarded

3z brakes are already dirt cheap, q45's are even more so, and replacement stock parts can be had for free
Megans have a bigger diameter rotor, and 6 piston front 4 piston rear. The stock brembos suckon the EVO!
Old 07-31-2007, 05:39 PM   #23
mRclARK1
Post Whore!

mRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfection
If Megan can't NOT fuck up a strut bar... I don't think I would trust anything they make that has moving parts, and especially when it is the only thing between stopping and dying in a high speed crash.
Old 07-31-2007, 05:43 PM   #24
CKAMC
Post Whore!

CKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfection
0100: so I should put on cheap, unreliable parts onto my daily driver because its not a race car

When its something as important as brakes I would fuck around with cheap shit.....

what happens if your in a "ohh shit" position? you slam on your brakes and *pop* something goes and now your still going as fast as ever into whatever it is because your brakes broke.

Yeah you can always fix a weld on a manifold, but when its a safety issue I rather put a little money on quality so I don't have anything to worry about.
Old 07-31-2007, 05:47 PM   #25
Nikeboy355
Zilvia Addict

Nikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond repute
I wouldn't buy it...

There are enough brake options out there... Anyone who says they need more braking just need to get better pads first...
Nikeboy355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 05:54 PM   #26
Pank
Post Whore!

Pank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfection
all megan brakes are trash, but i will not back it up with even anecdotal evidence because i have never run them nor have i heard any bad stuff about them, AND they're not even made yet, BUT i am stupid enough to believe they are made in the same factory that their strut tower bars are, and the same factory that their coilovers are, AND the same exact factory where their stickers are made, so all the quality assumptions are valid and not just wild speculation at this point.

IMHO though, i doubt they'll be cheap enough to warrant it, and people will still use Z and Q parts and achieve the same exact results.

zenki s14---v8 fc rx7
my crappy flickr page (drift cars whoo)
Pank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 05:57 PM   #27
OptionZero
Post Whore!

Quote:
Megans have a bigger diameter rotor, and 6 piston front 4 piston rear. The stock brembos suckon the EVO!
so an EVO owner should buy a $3000 megan kit instead of just upgrading the pads and rotors? OMG 6/4 pistons!

you own a $35k car and u even think about megans u should be shot

Read about how you fail:

http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=205273

http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=196433

give me the $3k and i'll help stop your car better. Stab the inept owner
Old 07-31-2007, 06:13 PM   #28
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
http://www.arizonazcar.com/240sxbrakes.html

nuff said...

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 06:28 PM   #29
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

$2875.00

Why would I pay more for a cheap knock off?

http://www.tirerack.com/brakes/brake...ar=&perfCode=S
Old 07-31-2007, 06:42 PM   #30
CKAMC
Post Whore!

CKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by fliprayzin240sx View Post
Word, friend of mine (morrie) has them and they are fantastic!