Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 12-11-2010, 04:33 PM   #1
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
i suck ass on trial mountain lol, need more practice :|

edit: we should set up like an initial d type run on different tracks. Person in front has to maintain lead, if the person in the back gets too far behind by the time the first person finishes, second person loses. If the second person overtakes the first person (without bumping) second person wins. Cars should be restricted to 400 hp or less. If both cars maintain position and stick to each other, keep doing laps until someone messes up etc etc... I think it'd be really fun but we'd have to organize it well and everyone needs to be on the same page.
Old 12-11-2010, 04:59 PM   #2
wangan_cruiser
kouki man

Trader Rating: (36)
wangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 36 reviews
Send a message via AIM to wangan_cruiser
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiLLeR2001 View Post
i suck ass on trial mountain lol, need more practice :|

edit: we should set up like an initial d type run on different tracks. Person in front has to maintain lead, if the person in the back gets too far behind by the time the first person finishes, second person loses. If the second person overtakes the first person (without bumping) second person wins. Cars should be restricted to 400 hp or less. If both cars maintain position and stick to each other, keep doing laps until someone messes up etc etc... I think it'd be really fun but we'd have to organize it well and everyone needs to be on the same page.
i love trial mountain. ill be the lead on drifting lol. but the server is down sheesh...should set up the date for this event so everyone can prepare and know when to go online.
wangan_cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 08:18 PM   #3
gearhead55
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
gearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weedm View Post
The only thing I REALLY dislike about the game is how you can't upgrade wheels on standard cars, and also the little modifications that can be done exterior wise.. NEED MORE MODS. Examples: Front bumper/lip, sides, rear, spoilers, etc..
yea not being able to change rims pissed me off so bad when i first got GT5. now i don't stress about it, i just play with premium cars mostly.

Killer and Wangan, i like the idea, everyone being on the same page is key though or it'll get fucked up quickly. We should have the server name be something cryptic so only zilvia people will join or something. Could be really tight!

and wtf is the deal with the server being down?? i wanna drift...
gearhead55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 08:37 PM   #4
LoneStarSilvia
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
LoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead55 View Post
yea not being able to change rims pissed me off so bad when i first got GT5. now i don't stress about it, i just play with premium cars mostly.

Killer and Wangan, i like the idea, everyone being on the same page is key though or it'll get fucked up quickly. We should have the server name be something cryptic so only zilvia people will join or something. Could be really tight!

and wtf is the deal with the server being down?? i wanna drift...

Agreed on so many levels. I finally got a 240ZG and it looks great, besides the bicycle wheels, makes the damn thing look like a boat.

And yes I wish the server would come back up! I want to drift with you guys again.

Til then I'm practicing on the Nurburgring in rain and time change. Intense!
Old 12-11-2010, 08:41 PM   #5
gearhead55
Zilvia FREAK!

gearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of light
haha tight. i'm using the server down time to win shit in b spec while studying for finals next week. or maybe i'm studying while winning shit in b spec. i'm not sure which.
Old 12-11-2010, 08:47 PM   #6
LoneStarSilvia
Zilvia FREAK!

LoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond repute
I'm just about convinced its impossible to race using the cockpit view a night and in the rain.

I also think its pretty sweet attention to detail seeing the rooster tails in the night rain being lit red by my brake lights.
Old 12-11-2010, 09:30 PM   #7
simmode1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Was looking at videos while waiting for my game to friggen install... Has anyone posted this one yet? Incredible drifting FTW...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ygk_AwTFom0&feature
simmode1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 09:36 PM   #8
Magical Trevor
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
Magical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Magical Trevor
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
Was looking at videos while waiting for my game to friggen install... Has anyone posted this one yet? Incredible drifting FTW...
Holy shit!
Magical Trevor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 10:28 PM   #9
gearhead55
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
holy shit. thats ridiculous...
Old 12-11-2010, 10:43 PM   #10
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Ok guys, finally got my game installed and I'm ready to play! But I don't wanna run off and blow my starting out $20k stupidly. I'm trying to do the birthday car thing (changed my system's date to my birthday) but nothing happened?

Also, does anybody know if you get anything for having GT-PSP data?
Old 12-11-2010, 11:13 PM   #11
wangan_cruiser
kouki man

wangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfection
i think you can only get cars from ps3 to psp but not the other way around.
Old 12-11-2010, 09:32 PM   #12
wangan_cruiser
kouki man

my b spec is at level 21 and been making money for me its so nice.

haha. yea the server is still down. just playing around with the kouki s13.

if you want to get more control of the car. try to match the tires with your hp. so you wont lose control all the time.
Old 12-11-2010, 09:57 PM   #13
LoneStarSilvia
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wangan_cruiser View Post
my b spec is at level 21 and been making money for me its so nice.

haha. yea the server is still down. just playing around with the kouki s13.

if you want to get more control of the car. try to match the tires with your hp. so you wont lose control all the time.

So far I've been matching what tires I use on the course we're on.

On Tsukuba its comfort soft up front and comport medium in the back with my 370hp 370Z or 350hp FD.

On Mountain Trial I've used Sports Hard all around on the same FD. I have to mash on the gas alot more, but I have more control and speed for those long corners.
Old 12-12-2010, 12:21 AM   #14
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
u have to start a new psn account with the birthday.. then add your other account to it and then in the game you can gift the car to yourself. But from what i read they put a limit to this now since alot of people ahve been doing it.
Old 12-12-2010, 12:36 AM   #15
simmode1
Post Whore!

How would you start off, if you were doing it all over again from scratch? Get a birthday car and then go from there? Is there any other trick to getting a free car or do I just go need to spend my $20k at the used car lot like everybody else?
Old 12-12-2010, 04:44 AM   #16
Weedm
Zilvia Addict

Weedm is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
How would you start off, if you were doing it all over again from scratch? Get a birthday car and then go from there? Is there any other trick to getting a free car or do I just go need to spend my $20k at the used car lot like everybody else?
once you get going and beat a few faces making money isnt an issue. expert, extreme, and special challenges is were you'll make your money.

has anyone beaten the like the wind extreme challenge? i've beaten the first course with my veyron, but surprisingly, i cant keep up on daytona.. a freakin oval. and there i thought the veyron is unstoppable in high speed stuff.
Old 12-12-2010, 12:57 AM   #17
HyperTek
Post Whore!

HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
just buy a used car lol
i preordered so i got a free benz sls amg, but i dont even use it..

buy a car, and do the license tests

What is your psn? maybe one of us could give you something lol
Old 12-12-2010, 07:56 AM   #18
simmode1
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperTek View Post
just buy a used car lol
i preordered so i got a free benz sls amg, but i dont even use it..

buy a car, and do the license tests

What is your psn? maybe one of us could give you something lol
Well, obviously my cheapskate-ness transcends real life into video games too... lol. I'll just go buy a used car. I want something unconventionally awesome though, like a Starion/Conquest or a Porsche 944 or something. Imma check the car list and see if I can track down some obscure awesomeness...

My PSN name is: turbo_angoleiro

I'm already on the list. But I don't wanna bug folks for a free handout... buuuuut, who turns down free shit?
Old 12-12-2010, 03:33 AM   #19
Slammed Assassin
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (34)
Slammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 34 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Slammed Assassin
damn are the servers up yet!! I wanna tandem with fellow zilvians!!!
Old 12-12-2010, 06:01 AM   #20
LoneStarSilvia
Zilvia FREAK!

We need to make a password protected room to ward off retards and kids.
Old 12-12-2010, 08:17 AM   #21
yokotas13
Post Whore!

yokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to yokotas13 Send a message via MSN to yokotas13 Send a message via Yahoo to yokotas13
do the liscense tests first
you can ge ta better car to start
yokotas13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 08:35 AM   #22
simmode1
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yokotas13 View Post
do the liscense tests first
you can ge ta better car to start
I tried that, but I need a car to do the tests in. But thats what I'll do. I'll cop out and get a cheap Silvia since none of obscure cars I want are in the game and take care of license tests when I get off work tonight...
Old 12-12-2010, 08:50 AM   #23
yokotas13
Post Whore!

yokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to yokotas13 Send a message via MSN to yokotas13 Send a message via Yahoo to yokotas13
no you dont?
they give you a car for each one lol
yokotas13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 08:59 AM   #24
HyperTek
Post Whore!

i think they require you to buy a car though.. you need a cheap one anyways since there are low level racers that require a FF car lol
did you not ever play a GT game before? its easy dude its no biggy,
Old 12-12-2010, 10:12 AM   #25
simmode1
Post Whore!

Yeah, I've played GT's before, but I've gotten used to not wasting effort in them. Like how GT4 gave you $100k ontop of your starting $20k if you had previous GT3 data. That was enough to buy a used $4k S13, nearly fully mod it and almost dominate the game with your very first car. I guess I got a little spoiled by that and the fact that I had both those games hacked to have all cars and 1 trillion dollars...
Old 12-12-2010, 10:43 AM   #26
driftking777
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
driftking777 is a glorious beacon of lightdriftking777 is a glorious beacon of lightdriftking777 is a glorious beacon of lightdriftking777 is a glorious beacon of lightdriftking777 is a glorious beacon of lightdriftking777 is a glorious beacon of lightdriftking777 is a glorious beacon of lightdriftking777 is a glorious beacon of lightdriftking777 is a glorious beacon of lightdriftking777 is a glorious beacon of lightdriftking777 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Just made the 111 meters per second club (topped out at 262 in the end...) And needless to say, that's a ride.
Old 12-12-2010, 11:27 AM   #27
keistyle
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (20)
keistyle has a reputation beyond reputekeistyle has a reputation beyond reputekeistyle has a reputation beyond reputekeistyle has a reputation beyond reputekeistyle has a reputation beyond reputekeistyle has a reputation beyond reputekeistyle has a reputation beyond reputekeistyle has a reputation beyond reputekeistyle has a reputation beyond reputekeistyle has a reputation beyond reputekeistyle has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Send a message via AIM to keistyle
Just had a zilvia drift room.

Gonna tune some cars then go at it again.

Autumn mini rev is the ishh/

add me m0daL_-soUL
Old 12-12-2010, 02:37 PM   #28
DP-AE86
Nissanaholic!

DP-AE86 is close to perfectionDP-AE86 is close to perfectionDP-AE86 is close to perfectionDP-AE86 is close to perfectionDP-AE86 is close to perfectionDP-AE86 is close to perfectionDP-AE86 is close to perfectionDP-AE86 is close to perfectionDP-AE86 is close to perfectionDP-AE86 is close to perfectionDP-AE86 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by keistyle View Post
Just had a zilvia drift room.

Gonna tune some cars then go at it again.

Autumn mini rev is the ishh/

add me m0daL_-soUL
hahaha. i never had so much fun drifting on GT5 til now.

Old 12-12-2010, 03:58 PM   #29
keistyle
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (20)
keistyle has a reputation beyond reputekeistyle has a reputation beyond reputekeistyle has a reputation beyond reputekeistyle has a reputation beyond reputekeistyle has a reputation beyond reputekeistyle has a reputation beyond reputekeistyle has a reputation beyond reputekeistyle has a reputation beyond reputekeistyle has a reputation beyond reputekeistyle has a reputation beyond reputekeistyle has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Send a message via AIM to keistyle
[QUOTE=DP-AE86;3775093]hahaha. i never had so much fun drifting on GT5 til now.

OHHHH!! that was you!

Dude awesome driving! we had some good runs.

great screen shots. let's on it again..

Just gotta study for a bit.
Old 12-12-2010, 08:21 PM   #30
DP-AE86
Nissanaholic!

DP-AE86 is close to perfectionDP-AE86 is close to perfectionDP-AE86 is close to perfectionDP-AE86 is close to perfectionDP-AE86 is close to perfectionDP-AE86 is close to perfectionDP-AE86 is close to perfectionDP-AE86 is close to perfectionDP-AE86 is close to perfectionDP-AE86 is close to perfectionDP-AE86 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by keistyle View Post
OHHHH!! that was you!

Dude awesome driving! we had some good runs.

great screen shots. let's on it again..

Just gotta study for a bit.
yes sir, thanks!
awesome driving yourself
i dont think i'll be on tonight but i'll sure catch you another time.
i wish i could have gotten a screen shot of runs practice cuz i got real close in tandem with you several times.