Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 10-03-2007, 08:26 AM   #61
RUTH'LESSDET
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
RUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to RUTH'LESSDET
Man you better not put a KA-T in this thing...if so somebody close this thread

LsX please!!!
Old 10-03-2007, 08:41 AM   #62
OurOnePassion
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
OurOnePassion is just really niceOurOnePassion is just really niceOurOnePassion is just really niceOurOnePassion is just really niceOurOnePassion is just really niceOurOnePassion is just really niceOurOnePassion is just really niceOurOnePassion is just really niceOurOnePassion is just really niceOurOnePassion is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to OurOnePassion
I didn't know what an lsx was, so I used Google like a good little boy... holy fire-hole batman! You could build the hell out of that! Supercharged or turbo'd?

What's with all the ka-t hate? :giggle:
OurOnePassion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 08:46 AM   #63
opponheimer
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
opponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Surprised this thread has gotten so many responses, I don't see what the big deal is.. Virtually no progress and already 3 pages!
Old 10-03-2007, 08:56 AM   #64
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
It's a gutted s15, that is seemingly on the way to getting fixed up. It's been up for 1 day so far (well 2 now)...what else can you expect?

I can't wait to see how this turns out!

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 08:58 AM   #65
chad_everson
Banned from the Marketplace

chad_everson is an unknown quantity at this point
ya no progress because I just posted this a couple days ago lol.. I only get to work on it every other weekend. I stated it was going to be a long build. But by the end of this month the stitch weld and cage should be in. And perhaps the mount made for the new motor.

Chad
chad_everson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 09:09 AM   #66
a_ahmed
BANNED

a_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfection
looking forward to updates
a_ahmed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 09:48 AM   #67
S14 Wannabe
Zilvia Member

S14 Wannabe has a spectacular aura aboutS14 Wannabe has a spectacular aura aboutS14 Wannabe has a spectacular aura aboutS14 Wannabe has a spectacular aura aboutS14 Wannabe has a spectacular aura aboutS14 Wannabe has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to S14 Wannabe
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnC View Post
That is the spec r trunk brace. I have it on my S14 as well as the two pieces in the front of the trunk. The spec r also comes with B pillar bracing that attaches to the floor and C pillar braces that you can just make out in one of the pics. The spec r also had roof reinforcements and front and rear underbody reinforcements that tie the frame rails together.

Apart from the roof bracing I have all the parts. The frame rail reinforcements made a huge difference! the rest, I really cant say.

John mind pm'ing me with where you got those parts from please?
S14 Wannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 09:52 AM   #68
RUTH'LESSDET
Zilvia Addict

RUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to RUTH'LESSDET
Quote:
Originally Posted by OurOnePassion View Post
I didn't know what an lsx was, so I used Google like a good little boy... holy fire-hole batman! You could build the hell out of that! Supercharged or turbo'd?

What's with all the ka-t hate? :giggle:
KA-T

this gonna be a baller ass thread!!!
A perfectly mint s15 w/40km stripped down(for no reason) to be build back up with a new motor
Old 10-03-2007, 12:40 PM   #69
chad_everson

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUTH'LESSDET View Post
KA-T

this gonna be a baller ass thread!!!
A perfectly mint s15 w/40km stripped down(for no reason) to be build back up with a new motor

the reason is for the love of building a bad ass track car that I will daily in the summer and take to the track and have a lot of fun with...
Old 10-03-2007, 12:40 PM   #70
dirtdiggler666
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (26)
dirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
ha ha ha ya 3 pages and it just looks like the car drove thru mexico, hope you got alot of cash man otherwise poor s15. but on a better note a ls7 with a vortech s/c stock would have about 650/700 hp stock doooooooooooooooooo it
Old 10-03-2007, 12:47 PM   #71
Koopa Troopa
Post Whore!

Koopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Koopa Troopa
Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post
Maybe he wants to make some torque?

Use a man turbo and you'll find that SR's are completely capable of making some torque..

Buy my Stillway shifter!

Koopa Troopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 02:47 PM   #72
CKAMC
Post Whore!

CKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad_everson View Post
the reason is for the love of building a bad ass track car that I will daily in the summer and take to the track and have a lot of fun with...
any plans for rust protection? I have seen some cars come out from the NW that shit rust like none other... good idea to protect a unique car/investment
Old 10-03-2007, 03:38 PM   #73
chad_everson

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKAMC View Post
any plans for rust protection? I have seen some cars come out from the NW that shit rust like none other... good idea to protect a unique car/investment

yeah the car will be stored during winter in a treated enviorment. Other than that going through a few lil process to prevent against rust. There actually is no rust on the car right now. The trunk had rusty spare tire which is what you see in the pictures..
Old 10-04-2007, 10:47 PM   #74
codyace
Post Whore!

codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koopa Troopa View Post
Use a man turbo and you'll find that SR's are completely capable of making some torque..
I make plenty of torque. Why spin a man turbo the moon and be required to run race gas, when you can have an easy 400+ at idle with a v8 on pump gas instead?

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
Old 10-04-2007, 11:00 PM   #75
LongGrain
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
LongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
I make plenty of torque. Why spin a man turbo the moon and be required to run race gas, when you can have an easy 400+ at idle with a v8 on pump gas instead?
try going from a stoplight, or just starting at all with that much torque at idle. see how much you like it then...
LongGrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 11:02 PM   #76
dvdevo
Zilvia FREAK!

dvdevo will become famous soon enoughdvdevo will become famous soon enoughdvdevo will become famous soon enoughdvdevo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
because its not jdm or homogeneous?

Whatever you do with the car, it'll probably be sick just cause its a s15 lol
dvdevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 11:09 PM   #77
opponheimer
Zilvia FREAK!

opponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond repute
good luck.......... post pics!
Old 10-04-2007, 11:38 PM   #78
rusted180
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
rusted180 is making a name for him/her selfrusted180 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
oohhh.. man. i know this comment has been said a million times...but, you are blessed.. my favorite s chassis. you are very blessed! good luck on the build!
rusted180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 11:52 PM   #79
kuramaya
Nissanaholic!

kuramaya is close to perfectionkuramaya is close to perfectionkuramaya is close to perfectionkuramaya is close to perfectionkuramaya is close to perfectionkuramaya is close to perfectionkuramaya is close to perfectionkuramaya is close to perfectionkuramaya is close to perfectionkuramaya is close to perfectionkuramaya is close to perfection
2JZ FTMFW.

One of my friends is droppin an RB27 with twin 3037's n his S15. been building the car for a year and a half now (Iraq tour slowed him down). Like totally building it from an empty chassis up almost totally fabbed. Check Zeroyon if you are interested. I don't wanna spoil your thread with pics of it. But you may get some knowledge from this now over a year long thread.

Fuck here is the Link
http://www.zeroyon.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8391
Old 10-05-2007, 08:12 AM   #80
codyace
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjorkluv View Post
2JZ FTMFW.
That would rock out pretty good! Plenty of support too

Quote:
One of my friends is droppin an RB27 with twin 3037's n his S15. been building the car for a year and a half now (Iraq tour slowed him down). Like totally building it from an empty chassis up almost totally fabbed. Check Zeroyon if you are interested. I don't wanna spoil your thread with pics of it. But you may get some knowledge from this now over a year long thread.

Fuck here is the Link
http://www.zeroyon.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8391
Good to hear that's still up and about Glad to hear he's spending Uncle Sam's money the same way I did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongGrain View Post
try going from a stoplight, or just starting at all with that much torque at idle. see how much you like it then...
I've driven Gutted Notches (Mustangs that is, you know, the small ugly ones that weigh as much as S13's) with that power and was very happy. Get real tires, and be done. Heck even an LS1 swap STOCK into a gutted S chassis would put a into the low 12's on street tires / 11's on slicks.

Even my Full weight s14 blisters the tires off in first, and that only had 330 ft lbs....are you suggesting he just make a car with 250 ft lbs to keep traction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdevo View Post
because its not jdm or homogeneous?
Who really cares if it's JDM or homogeneous? Please. You heard it hear first: JDM is wack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdevo View Post
Whatever you do with the car, it'll probably be sick just cause its a s15 lol
Truth, very pretty cars.

Old 10-05-2007, 08:58 AM   #81
Koopa Troopa
Post Whore!

Koopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Koopa Troopa
Quote:

I don't think there's a single place to get race gas on Okinawa and there is plenty of 500+ ps SR's running around...

Buy my Stillway shifter!

Koopa Troopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 09:16 AM   #82
heartagram

Trader Rating: (2)
heartagram is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Nice car and good luck with the build. Can't wait to see the final product.
heartagram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 10:00 AM   #83
ROIDMONKEY
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (4)
ROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
we have a VP station here in FTL
ROIDMONKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 11:07 AM   #84
upSLIDEdown
Nissanaholic!

Location: VA.. And for those that keep PMing me asking what kit I have, it's Origin Stream.
upSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfection
Quote:
2JZ FTMFW.
Can't believe it took 3 pages for someone to guess that. LOL

(Not saying that's what it is, cause I don't even know the guy. Just one of the first things that popped into my head as being a little different and would/could definitely make a metric shit-ton of power.)
Old 10-05-2007, 11:19 AM   #85
dirtdiggler666
Nissanaholic!

dirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfection
i still say its gunna be v8 somthing?? first guess would be ls7 but who knows hes gonna keep us in suspense j/k
Old 10-05-2007, 11:37 AM   #86
kura

kura is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to kura
Ford 408w stroker. 6.7L small block ftw! You could pull off 600+ rwhp n/a. Or if you get a real nice Dart block, you could go past the 450 cube range.

Same engine I'm building right now for my stang. I think LSx are just too common cause of all those people who put them in their RX7's. How often do you see an import with a ford engine?

edit: and you could use an aluminum block and save the weight!
kura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 11:41 AM   #87
jeeper_x
Zilvia Addict

jeeper_x is not welcome here anymorejeeper_x is not welcome here anymorejeeper_x is not welcome here anymorejeeper_x is not welcome here anymorejeeper_x is not welcome here anymorejeeper_x is not welcome here anymorejeeper_x is not welcome here anymorejeeper_x is not welcome here anymorejeeper_x is not welcome here anymorejeeper_x is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koopa Troopa View Post
3sgte?!
did u see that 3sgte supra in SuperStreet?.....That mk4 was hella light compare to the stock one.....
hahaha
jeeper_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 11:58 AM   #88
axiomatik
Post Whore!

axiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfection
flathead ford.

DO IT!
Old 10-05-2007, 01:28 PM   #89
illvialuver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
illvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
do whatever you want, as long as its an s15 i seriously doubt people will care if its a nissan/mazda/chevy/ford motor, as long as its fast and can melt tires.
illvialuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 01:45 PM   #90
dirtdiggler666
Nissanaholic!

blown hemi, that way when someone says what ya got you can go a hemi son