Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 10-29-2007, 12:45 PM   #1
20 til 3
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
20 til 3 is making his/her stupidity well-known20 til 3 is making his/her stupidity well-known20 til 3 is making his/her stupidity well-known20 til 3 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
wtf is going on these days

so yeah... i went it to pay my cell phone bill

and, they charged me extra because i payed in cash....

wtf is this shit all about, i think its kinda retarded that you get charged an extra 4 bucks just because you dont want to use your credit card to make a payment
20 til 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-2007, 01:00 PM   #2
jackjack
Post Whore!

jackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfection
what the hell? never heard of that before. i would've gave them the finger and walked out with a smile. thats bull.
jackjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 01:14 PM   #3
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
WTF?! In Lost Hills if you pay cash for gas you get a discount. Where is the world heading?

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 01:25 PM   #4
Agamemnon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (20)
Agamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
This kind of behavior is popping up all around the place. I get charged something like $10-$20 if I pay one of my credit cards over the phone. The reason they charge like this is because companies have to pay for extra overhead when people dont pay through electronic fund transfer systems.

My guess is that your phone provider doesnt want to hire employees smart enough to count and handle cash, thus penalizing you so you're more willing to pay through a funds transfer next time.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 01:35 PM   #5
20 til 3
Zilvia Addict

20 til 3 is making his/her stupidity well-known20 til 3 is making his/her stupidity well-known20 til 3 is making his/her stupidity well-known20 til 3 is making his/her stupidity well-known
its not like it was a small company

verizon wireless is who i go through
20 til 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 02:33 PM   #6
S13Leprechaun
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
S13Leprechaun has a brilliant futureS13Leprechaun has a brilliant futureS13Leprechaun has a brilliant futureS13Leprechaun has a brilliant futureS13Leprechaun has a brilliant futureS13Leprechaun has a brilliant futureS13Leprechaun has a brilliant futureS13Leprechaun has a brilliant futureS13Leprechaun has a brilliant futureS13Leprechaun has a brilliant futureS13Leprechaun has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
yeah when i pay my cell phone bill in person, i get charged an extra $3 cause its in person at a store and not over the phone or online... wtf????
Old 10-29-2007, 02:38 PM   #7
VROOOM
Post Whore!

VROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfection
10 years ago you got charged for using your atm or credit card, now you get charged for cash. makes no sense.
VROOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 02:38 PM   #8
Zilvia FREAK!

status:one is close to perfectionstatus:one is close to perfectionstatus:one is close to perfectionstatus:one is close to perfectionstatus:one is close to perfectionstatus:one is close to perfectionstatus:one is close to perfectionstatus:one is close to perfectionstatus:one is close to perfectionstatus:one is close to perfectionstatus:one is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to status:one
This is pretty ridiculous, money is money whether its a funds transfer or cash...but like Agamemnon said, I think it has to do with companies having to pay for extra overhead. With a credit card, the funds will automatically be transfered into their company account where as cash will have to make its way into the account costing them more.
Old 10-29-2007, 02:46 PM   #9
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiatsu View Post
This is pretty ridiculous, money is money whether its a funds transfer or cash...but like Agamemnon said, I think it has to do with companies having to pay for extra overhead. With a credit card, the funds will automatically be transfered into their company account where as cash will have to make its way into the account costing them more.
CC's have fees that are deducted from the sale for each transaction. They are small, but it is there. Most places just eat it as a cost of convenience to their customers. There are very few companies that will give you a discount if you pay with cash, but they are out there. Actually money is cheaper for a company to accept. It doesn't cost them more to accept money for a transaction. You don't pay your employee or manage extra to drop off a nightly deposit nor do you pay the bank employee to enter the deposits in the morning.
Old 10-29-2007, 03:04 PM   #10
Tops*
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
Tops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Haven't you seen the commercials? You have to use VISA. "Life takes VISA."
Old 10-29-2007, 06:06 PM   #11
ManoNegra
Guild of Skullduggerous Intent

Trader Rating: (48)
ManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to ManoNegra
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20 til 3 View Post
its not like it was a small company

verizon wireless is who i go through
Verizon has pretty good service in my area but are notorious for nickel and diming people. Features that available free of charge on phones with other carriers are locked on Verizon versions and only available through their VCast service which, you guessed it, you have to pay extra for.

A co-worker of mine went to the store to pay his bill on the ATM-like machine they have there and it was broken. They charged him extra to pay with one of the clerks... even though their machine was busted. WTF!?
ManoNegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 07:06 PM   #12
KA-T_240
Nissanaholic!

KA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond repute
call and complian!

We still pay our verizon bill by check. they do not charge us extra. you think that they would for checks... aka more likely to bounce
Old 10-29-2007, 07:16 PM   #13
steve shadows
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
steve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to steve shadows
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tops* View Post
Haven't you seen the commercials? You have to use VISA. "Life takes VISA."
next it will be bio chip and permanent enslavement
Old 10-29-2007, 07:34 PM   #14
dued
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
dued is not welcome here anymoredued is not welcome here anymoredued is not welcome here anymoredued is not welcome here anymoredued is not welcome here anymoredued is not welcome here anymoredued is not welcome here anymoredued is not welcome here anymoredued is not welcome here anymoredued is not welcome here anymoredued is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve shadows View Post
next it will be bio chip and permanent enslavement

Good point. A lot of people don't realize that we are quickly becoming a cashless society.

For those of you who don't realize this truth, nor recognize a coming one world government, you might be in for some big surprises. I hope that none of us are here when accepting "the mark of the beast" is mandatory to buy or sell.
dued is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 08:05 PM   #15
VB13
Zilvia Junkie

VB13 has made poor choicesVB13 has made poor choicesVB13 has made poor choicesVB13 has made poor choicesVB13 has made poor choicesVB13 has made poor choicesVB13 has made poor choices
Send a message via AIM to VB13
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240FaLKoN View Post
WTF?! In Lost Hills if you pay cash for gas you get a discount. Where is the world heading?
LUKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
VB13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 12:06 AM   #16
S13SilviaGirl
UGH Really?

Trader Rating: (4)
S13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Just like some loans, you get charged for paying it off early....guess they want that interest instead of that money being opened back up.

My Review Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTCSuperstar
I surf Zilvia naked in my home...
S13SilviaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 10:01 AM   #17
mRclARK1
Post Whore!

mRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfection
Actually IIRC cash CANNOT be refused. It's considered the highest form of payment really. It's technically government issues documents. It's the hard substance that credit cards/electronic money only represents as being in the posession elsewhere of the card holder etc.

If someone wanted to charge me extra for paying cash, I'd really tell them to fuck off. That's ridiculous.