Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 11-27-2007, 03:01 PM   #1
drifting.8
Zilvia Member

Location: What's heavier a pound of iron or a pound of feathers??
Trader Rating: (0)
drifting.8 has much to be proud ofdrifting.8 has much to be proud ofdrifting.8 has much to be proud ofdrifting.8 has much to be proud ofdrifting.8 has much to be proud ofdrifting.8 has much to be proud ofdrifting.8 has much to be proud ofdrifting.8 has much to be proud ofdrifting.8 has much to be proud ofdrifting.8 has much to be proud ofdrifting.8 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to drifting.8
What to do??

The dreaded black line.. i cant stand that damn thing it wraps around my white 240 holding it tight... anyways could i sand it down and spray paint it white.. keep in mind my staments may sound noobish thats because i'am at paint and body... an suggestions welcome...

RB 25DET NiZTECH BUILT
drifting.8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-2007, 03:02 PM   #2
markyboi
Zilvia FREAK!

markyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to behold
dont be lazy...try to take it off

sand it down if it's sticking too much
markyboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 03:05 PM   #3
drifting.8
Zilvia Member

drifting.8 has much to be proud ofdrifting.8 has much to be proud ofdrifting.8 has much to be proud ofdrifting.8 has much to be proud ofdrifting.8 has much to be proud ofdrifting.8 has much to be proud ofdrifting.8 has much to be proud ofdrifting.8 has much to be proud ofdrifting.8 has much to be proud ofdrifting.8 has much to be proud ofdrifting.8 has much to be proud of
i did try to peel it off dont work.. so i guess i ll have to sand but what about painting it ?

RB 25DET NiZTECH BUILT
Old 11-27-2007, 03:07 PM   #4
txrxs
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
txrxs is close to perfectiontxrxs is close to perfectiontxrxs is close to perfectiontxrxs is close to perfectiontxrxs is close to perfectiontxrxs is close to perfectiontxrxs is close to perfectiontxrxs is close to perfectiontxrxs is close to perfectiontxrxs is close to perfectiontxrxs is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
it's just tape. Gumout and razorblade will get it done. But...if you're asking this question I think you should just spray over it.
Old 11-27-2007, 03:08 PM   #5
Landers
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
Landers has a reputation beyond reputeLanders has a reputation beyond reputeLanders has a reputation beyond reputeLanders has a reputation beyond reputeLanders has a reputation beyond reputeLanders has a reputation beyond reputeLanders has a reputation beyond reputeLanders has a reputation beyond reputeLanders has a reputation beyond reputeLanders has a reputation beyond reputeLanders has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
take you time and peel it off.....apply some heat if need to....then if there are any bits of stickyness use some wd-40 or goo gone. There should be paint underneath that tape stuff. Take your time and be patient. I did this to my car also.
Old 11-27-2007, 03:13 PM   #6
jspaeth
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (7)
jspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
With a razorblade, it comes off insanely easily.

Daily driven
jspaeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 03:20 PM   #7
drifting.8
Zilvia Member

^^^thanks for the input guys.. i wish it wa easy as u all make it sound but my 240s an 89 and this shitake mushrooms aint comming off that easy... its got to be sanded but wen i paint it what should i use??

RB 25DET NiZTECH BUILT
Old 11-27-2007, 09:23 PM   #8
wannabe-silvia
Zilvia Member

wannabe-silvia is making his/her stupidity well-knownwannabe-silvia is making his/her stupidity well-knownwannabe-silvia is making his/her stupidity well-knownwannabe-silvia is making his/her stupidity well-knownwannabe-silvia is making his/her stupidity well-known
no razor blade it will scratch paint......goo-gone and wd-40 together work awesome....and that dont work wet sand it
wannabe-silvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 09:33 PM   #9
Xandy Boosts
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
Xandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Xandy Boosts
damn is it that hard?

I remember just pulling it off with my fingers and saw FRESH black paint under there. Too bad the rest of the car wasn't like that!
Xandy Boosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 10:01 PM   #10
drifting.8
Zilvia Member

^^haha yea it is that hard im jusst gonna sand the sideskirts and spray paint the skirts white lol

RB 25DET NiZTECH BUILT
Old 11-28-2007, 12:00 AM   #11
soreballz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
soreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to soreballz
Heat gun, patience, and Goo Gone. Easy.
Last time I checked this is a Zilvia not a fucking group session to deal with self-esteem issues where everyone is a winner and cares about you, your individuality and lack of taste.
soreballz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 12:16 AM   #12
Xandy Boosts
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
Xandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Xandy Boosts
Maybe it was because I took mine off during the hot summer then. Good luck with it. Car looks 100x better with it off
Xandy Boosts is offline   Reply With Quote