Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 11-22-2007, 11:04 AM   #61
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by McRussellPants View Post
Dip is the VTC wackyness.

Cant wait to get the .52 .64 2871 on my car. 2560 needs to gtfo.
You will want to date your 56 trim 64 a/r 2871r mmm they are great pieces!

Quote:
Originally Posted by usdm180sx View Post
Just wondering why you went with an extrude honed .64 instead of just going with the .86 out of the box.
Extrude honing the turbo really doesn't take as much material away as you think. It simply just smooths it out (you'll see the rough casting bumps and the sort. I don't think you'd ever be able to extrude hone the extra material to even make it an .86. Again, their turbine process is very 'light'...just mainly a 'polish' job.

Oh....and I didn't want the 600-1000 rpm of extra lag that most .86 housings have

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-22-2007, 11:23 AM   #62
usdm180sx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
usdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to usdm180sx Send a message via Yahoo to usdm180sx
Gotcha. Thanks for the information!

usdm180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 11:28 AM   #63
LowNismo17
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
LowNismo17 is a glorious beacon of lightLowNismo17 is a glorious beacon of lightLowNismo17 is a glorious beacon of lightLowNismo17 is a glorious beacon of lightLowNismo17 is a glorious beacon of lightLowNismo17 is a glorious beacon of lightLowNismo17 is a glorious beacon of lightLowNismo17 is a glorious beacon of lightLowNismo17 is a glorious beacon of lightLowNismo17 is a glorious beacon of lightLowNismo17 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I kinda call BS on 460whp at only 16 psi.. my 35R on 20 psi an pump made 492. That t3/to4E must be big SOB lol.. I am not talkin crap, numbers just seem high.. but good to see you are making power.
my set up is a .82 GT35R, S13 SR, 272 cams, AEM EMS etc.. now for a quick pic
LowNismo17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 01:25 PM   #64
McRussellPants
Nissanaholic!

McRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post
Extrude honing the turbo really doesn't take as much material away as you think. It simply just smooths it out (you'll see the rough casting bumps and the sort. I don't think you'd ever be able to extrude hone the extra material to even make it an .86. Again, their turbine process is very 'light'...just mainly a 'polish' job.

Oh....and I didn't want the 600-1000 rpm of extra lag that most .86 housings have

How do they keep from honing the nozzle?

or does it just end up being like running a slightly clipped wheel or what?
McRussellPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 04:05 PM   #65
codyace
Post Whore!

codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Quote:
How do they keep from honing the nozzle?

or does it just end up being like running a slightly clipped wheel or what?
That's actually a very very close comparison (that is from the extrude hone to a clipped wheel) The hose does get down in and through the entire area, through the nossel area, but, being a lighter process than traditional extrude, it really doesn't get 'super hardcore' in that area. Again, it's job is to mainly remove casting bumps and 'inversed pits', but as it gets closet to the exit nozzel, it doesn't get 'as aggressive'. Again, the main part effects the majority of the inner scroll.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
Old 11-22-2007, 04:17 PM   #66
steve shadows
Post Whore!

steve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to steve shadows
I hate when people say baller
Old 11-22-2007, 07:41 PM   #67
driftstyre
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (4)
driftstyre has a reputation beyond reputedriftstyre has a reputation beyond reputedriftstyre has a reputation beyond reputedriftstyre has a reputation beyond reputedriftstyre has a reputation beyond reputedriftstyre has a reputation beyond reputedriftstyre has a reputation beyond reputedriftstyre has a reputation beyond reputedriftstyre has a reputation beyond reputedriftstyre has a reputation beyond reputedriftstyre has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to driftstyre
Brian,
Is this the new windows based dynamics? We got the last AWD old model in Feb. 07, never seen or worked with the new software though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian W. View Post
i know this thread is old, but here is RJs dynograph....

and mine....
2871R .86 w/ stock exhaust manifold, 272 cams, pump gas, PFC djet.....
driftstyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 12:47 PM   #68
Brian W.
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (8)
Brian W. is close to perfectionBrian W. is close to perfectionBrian W. is close to perfectionBrian W. is close to perfectionBrian W. is close to perfectionBrian W. is close to perfectionBrian W. is close to perfectionBrian W. is close to perfectionBrian W. is close to perfectionBrian W. is close to perfectionBrian W. is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Brian W.
yeaahhhhhh buddy. Blue tooth hand controller, and windows software. its AMAZING!!
Old 11-23-2007, 12:49 PM   #69
Brian W.
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (8)
Brian W. is close to perfectionBrian W. is close to perfectionBrian W. is close to perfectionBrian W. is close to perfectionBrian W. is close to perfectionBrian W. is close to perfectionBrian W. is close to perfectionBrian W. is close to perfectionBrian W. is close to perfectionBrian W. is close to perfectionBrian W. is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Brian W.
Quote:
Dip is the VTC wackyness.

Cant wait to get the .52 .64 2871 on my car. 2560 needs to gtfo.

i dont run VTC... the dip was acutally from the boost controller. we got it sorted out now.

and that motor revs to 9200 rpm. but it as you can see the power falls off so no sense in running that high on the dyno.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:58 PM   #70
legend4life

legend4life is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixSpeedSleuth View Post

Very nice graph.....I was trying to compare between the 2871R .64 and the TS 3071 and find out which setup would give the most responsive 400whp.
Your comparison graph seems to indicate the TS 3071 is better throughout the powerband.

But compared to codyace's .64 2871 both your .64ar 2871 and your TS 3071 seem to be lacking in torque from 2500-5000rpm, your TS and codyace's 2871 about even from 5000-6500, and the TS beating the 2871 only after 6500. At some points in the low end and midrange the TS gives up as much as 30-50 ft lbs at the wheels to codyace's 2871. Could this be because of his improved extrude honed .64 housing?

Any thoughts on this comparison, and how the two setups should compare in low end, response, and fun to drive factor? Also just curious, why are you thinking of going to a 3076 setup?
legend4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 11:01 AM   #71
codyace
Post Whore!

I think the extrude hone is to thank for the power I see above everyone elses setup. I just dynoed again the othre day for fun, and only 395 whp at 19 psi. Not to shabby for a psi less than last year huh? Ontop of that, I also am running a 4.6 ring and pinion now as well, which would have brought hp down a tad too. I guess rebuilding my engine was one of the best things I could have done haha (not that I had a choice lol)

My BIGGEST peeve with the dyno jet is lack of accurate spool and torque curve. Being that there is no realistic load on the car, my turbo spools considerable (like 400-500 rpm) after where it does on the street (I see 20 psi at rougly 3700/3800 rpm). Ask Steve Shadows about this same concern. I'd love to get my car on a Dyno Dynamics, to really see it in action. Numbers, while do say something, are of the least concern for me. I'm trying to achieve the most usable, flattest, most v8 like torque curve for my road course use. 430 hp is nice for the street, but the later spool and equal torque isn't fast on track. I get people coming over all the time (namely Z06 guys) asking me what I have in the car. 2.0 turbo, thats it )

With that said, my car certainly drives much faster than it should with the power. At 18 psi on street tires, first time ever drag racing I trapped 118 mph...which isn't bad at all on 245/40 Federal 595 (which are awesome HPDE tires). Obviously there was a little spin, but the car is a rocket.

Old 11-28-2007, 11:11 AM   #72
ROUGE180
Zilvia Addict

ROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to ROUGE180 Send a message via Yahoo to ROUGE180
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowNismo17 View Post
I kinda call BS on 460whp at only 16 psi.. my 35R on 20 psi an pump made 492. That t3/to4E must be big SOB lol.. I am not talkin crap, numbers just seem high.. but good to see you are making power.
my set up is a .82 GT35R, S13 SR, 272 cams, AEM EMS etc.. now for a quick pic
Now thats what I call manly!!!! sweet.. nice bay work too
ROUGE180 is offline   Reply With Quote