Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 11-27-2007, 09:24 PM   #1
issac
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
issac is just really niceissac is just really niceissac is just really niceissac is just really niceissac is just really niceissac is just really niceissac is just really niceissac is just really nice
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Paint help

I have a two tone bluish silver/grey coupe pignose. Has anyone here ever tried to paint match their side skirts and front lip with a rattlecan? I am assuming that all the greys on the 89-94 240's are the same. If so can you provide info on what you used. I am on a short budget and would like to take the most inexpensive approach on how to color match or come somewhat close to the stock grey with a rattlecan.
issac is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-2007, 09:28 PM   #2
LloydXmas
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
LloydXmas is just really niceLloydXmas is just really niceLloydXmas is just really niceLloydXmas is just really niceLloydXmas is just really niceLloydXmas is just really niceLloydXmas is just really niceLloydXmas is just really nice
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
even if the paint code to a car is the same there are several alternates per formula, and silvers are very difficult to match much less trying to get close with spray paint. It just won't happen best bet is to paint them or live with w/e you can get halfway close to matching on it.
LloydXmas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 09:35 PM   #3
issac
Leaky Injector

issac is just really niceissac is just really niceissac is just really niceissac is just really niceissac is just really niceissac is just really niceissac is just really niceissac is just really nice
I'm trying to match the metallic grey part. Or maybe I might have to repaint the whole bottom part of the car in order to pull this off?
Old 11-27-2007, 10:00 PM   #4
LloydXmas
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
LloydXmas is just really niceLloydXmas is just really niceLloydXmas is just really niceLloydXmas is just really niceLloydXmas is just really niceLloydXmas is just really niceLloydXmas is just really niceLloydXmas is just really nice
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
metallic grey is in the silver family, so it will suck to match. Plus if ever wish to really paint them then that stuff will have to be removed or it will lift when painted with real automotive paint.
LloydXmas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 10:07 PM   #5
koukimonster139
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
koukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to koukimonster139
wtf
theres no such thing as metallic grey
metallic grey is silver

the ONLY thing to change shades of a silver color is to change the amount of metallic in it.

the best way to do this is going to be masking off the entire bottom portion and changing the entire color completely
Old 11-28-2007, 07:14 PM   #6
issac
Leaky Injector

thanks gentlemen looks like i will be repainting.
Old 11-28-2007, 07:17 PM   #7
issac
Leaky Injector

How can i get more red dots by my rep power? RED is cool. Red is the color of the red circle in the japanese flag. This must mean that the more I collect the more jdmie I am.