Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 11:08 AM   #31
Peter_North
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Peter_North is not welcome here anymorePeter_North is not welcome here anymorePeter_North is not welcome here anymorePeter_North is not welcome here anymorePeter_North is not welcome here anymorePeter_North is not welcome here anymorePeter_North is not welcome here anymorePeter_North is not welcome here anymorePeter_North is not welcome here anymorePeter_North is not welcome here anymorePeter_North is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BustedS13 View Post
all cars have tow hooks. all of them.
Wrong
Old 12-12-2007, 11:19 AM   #32
VROOOM
Post Whore!

VROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_North View Post
The 240sx is a budget sports coupe, its not a fwd economy car. The car comes stock with a tow hook.
tow hooks mean nothing.
Old 12-12-2007, 11:21 AM   #33
Peter_North
Leaky Injector

Peter_North is not welcome here anymorePeter_North is not welcome here anymorePeter_North is not welcome here anymorePeter_North is not welcome here anymorePeter_North is not welcome here anymorePeter_North is not welcome here anymorePeter_North is not welcome here anymorePeter_North is not welcome here anymorePeter_North is not welcome here anymorePeter_North is not welcome here anymorePeter_North is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by VROOOM View Post
tow hooks mean nothing.

The 240sx is still a sports car, you nissan haters just hate to admit it. Sure its not a fucking Z33/Rx7/vette, but its not a FWD econo box integra/civic/ ford focus.

RWD 2 door 5 speed > your economy car
Old 12-12-2007, 11:26 AM   #34
SHIFT_*grind*
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (7)
SHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
What the hell are you talking about? Nissan haters? Where?

Last time I checked, almost all cars came with tow hooks. Including my 115HP FWD '88 Celica beater, and my '97 Pathfinder man van.
Old 12-12-2007, 11:27 AM   #35
Peter_North
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHIFT_*grind* View Post

Last time I checked, almost all cars came with tow hooks. Including my 115HP FWD '88 Celica beater, and my '97 Pathfinder man van.
We obviously have a few people from honduh tech on here
Old 12-12-2007, 11:28 AM   #36
Captain_Ron80
Leaky Injector

Captain_Ron80 is making a name for him/her selfCaptain_Ron80 is making a name for him/her self
My understanding is these "tow hooks" are simply a tool that the auto makers use to secure the vehicles while they are being shipped. But what do I know?

Quote:

Old 12-12-2007, 11:30 AM   #37
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaLo View Post
Blame Canada, eh?
hehe sorry....

i'de lobby against this insurance hike then
Old 12-12-2007, 11:31 AM   #38
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
We obviously have a few people from honduh tech on here
you're such a fag.

ive read like 5 of your posts already, all of them are stupid. you should be deleted for being an idiot
Old 12-12-2007, 11:32 AM   #39
Peter_North
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
you're such a fag.

ive read like 5 of your posts already, all of them are stupid. you should be deleted for being an idiot
Oh sorry for making fun of hondas on a NISSAN ENTHUSIAST WEBSITE

Honda suck, I'm not the only one who thinks that here.
Old 12-12-2007, 11:33 AM   #40
Captain_Ron80
Leaky Injector

Captain_Ron80 is making a name for him/her selfCaptain_Ron80 is making a name for him/her self
Hey now... Hondas are reliable... I haven't owned one for years (first two cars were hondas) and they were good runners. Then I met my RWD 240... then everyone else did too :-( Not knocking on your Honda knocking... lol.

Quote:

Old 12-12-2007, 11:36 AM   #41
SHIFT_*grind*
Nissanaholic!

SHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfection
Quote:

"Nissan enthusiast" doesn't necessarily mean "I rip on everything that's not a Nissan because Nissans are GOD and everything else is useless." Unless you have the mentality of a middle-schooler.
Old 12-12-2007, 11:36 AM   #42
HaLo
from Canada, eh!

HaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfection
Send a message via ICQ to HaLo Send a message via AIM to HaLo Send a message via MSN to HaLo
^^^^ Quoted for the truth.
SOLD: 01 GPW Honda S2000
PARTED: 93 Pearl White 240SX LE Fastback w/SR20DET
SOLD: 93 Super White 240SX SE Convertible w/Silvia Front
Old 12-12-2007, 11:57 AM   #43
Kuzumi
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
Kuzumi is a glorious beacon of lightKuzumi is a glorious beacon of lightKuzumi is a glorious beacon of lightKuzumi is a glorious beacon of lightKuzumi is a glorious beacon of lightKuzumi is a glorious beacon of lightKuzumi is a glorious beacon of lightKuzumi is a glorious beacon of lightKuzumi is a glorious beacon of lightKuzumi is a glorious beacon of lightKuzumi is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kuzumi Send a message via Yahoo to Kuzumi
i pay 200 a month currently for full coverage for my 350z (i am 19)
i have a PERFECT record so why is it so high?
Old 12-12-2007, 12:00 PM   #44
Peter_North
Leaky Injector

Quote:
"Nissan enthusiast" doesn't necessarily mean "I rip on everything that's not a Nissan because Nissans are GOD and everything else is useless." Unless you have the mentality of a middle-schooler.
I like subarus also, all the other imports are just pointless IMO.
Old 12-12-2007, 12:07 PM   #45
Ninjabread
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Ninjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Ninjabread Send a message via MSN to Ninjabread
I was going to negative rep you because you're such a fucking idiot but I'm out of rep for the day.

Stop trying to be a bad-ass and then attempting to redeem yourself.

Idiot.
Old 12-12-2007, 12:10 PM   #46
Peter_North
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjabread View Post
I was going to negative rep you because you're such a fucking idiot but I'm out of rep for the day.

Stop trying to be a bad-ass and then attempting to redeem yourself.

Idiot.

I'm not trying to be a badass, just making a point that I don't like hondas. If you want a site with almost no honda hate I suggest www.honda-tech.com, any other website is generally going to make fun of hondas because almost everybody does.
Old 12-12-2007, 12:15 PM   #47
axiomatik
Post Whore!

axiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
blah blah blah rant rant rant
you obviously don't understand the definition of "insurance". insurance isn't just for fender-benders. every year, there are hundreds of thousands (maybe millions) of car accidents in this country where people are seriously injured. Every year over 40,000 people die in car accidents. car insurance covers the entire spectrum from touching up the paint on your bumper after you backed into a garbage can, to paying your medical bills when you (or your victim) spends 3 weeks in intensive care.

Quote:
The 240sx is a budget sports coupe, its not a fwd economy car. The car comes stock with a tow hook.
Both my Ford Expedition and Jeep Cherokee have tow hooks. that must mean they are sports cars, right?
Old 12-12-2007, 12:23 PM   #48
Peter_North
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by axiomatik View Post
you obviously don't understand the definition of "insurance". insurance isn't just for fender-benders. every year, there are hundreds of thousands (maybe millions) of car accidents in this country where people are seriously injured. Every year over 40,000 people die in car accidents. car insurance covers the entire spectrum from touching up the paint on your bumper after you backed into a garbage can, to paying your medical bills when you (or your victim) spends 3 weeks in intensive care.

Both my Ford Expedition and Jeep Cherokee have tow hooks. that must mean they are sports cars, right?
My 240sx is a sports car though.
Old 12-12-2007, 12:42 PM   #49
BustedS13
Post Whore!

BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
my CL has tow hooks on it. must be a sports car.
my Galaxie has tow hooks on it. must be a sports car.
my fucking f150 has like six tow hooks on it. must be an exotic.
Old 12-12-2007, 12:42 PM   #50
Farzam
Post Whore!

Farzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfection
I think I have the cheapest insurance on zilvia.
Old 12-12-2007, 12:47 PM   #51
SHIFT_*grind*
Nissanaholic!

Mine's like ~$100/month for an S13 convertible and my wife's Grand Am. I can't complain.
Old 12-12-2007, 01:22 PM   #52
eastcoastS14
Post Whore!

eastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to eastcoastS14
Quote:
I'm not trying to be a badass, just making a point that I don't like hondas. If you want a site with almost no honda hate I suggest www.honda-tech.com, any other website is generally going to make fun of hondas because almost everybody does.
just out of curiosity, how old are you?

and like it was said before 100k for insurance is exthortion....even assuming the kid has had a terrible driving record theres no way he is that big of a risk to an inurance company that they would need him to pay that much

my insurance is 80 a month on my s14
Old 12-12-2007, 01:32 PM   #53
VROOOM
Post Whore!

VROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfection
i want to know what his insurance would be if he was driving a ferrari 430??
Old 12-12-2007, 01:50 PM   #54
Sean14
Leaky Injector

Sean14 can only hope to improve
I am 19 with a clean record and I pay $30 a month for insurance on my s13, honestly. Some insurance is outrageous, but for the most part, its a reflection of the driver and the situation. This is the insurance company's way of getting the kid off their payroll.
Old 12-12-2007, 02:37 PM   #55
redtop91
Leaky Injector

redtop91 is making a name for him/her selfredtop91 is making a name for him/her self
LOL. That premium is insane.
Old 12-12-2007, 02:41 PM   #56
S14Josh
Zilvia Junkie

S14Josh has a reputation beyond reputeS14Josh has a reputation beyond reputeS14Josh has a reputation beyond reputeS14Josh has a reputation beyond reputeS14Josh has a reputation beyond reputeS14Josh has a reputation beyond reputeS14Josh has a reputation beyond reputeS14Josh has a reputation beyond reputeS14Josh has a reputation beyond reputeS14Josh has a reputation beyond reputeS14Josh has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to S14Josh
haha, holy shit. 100g's for insurance alone???

captain insane-o

I pay 70 a month for liability and i think thats a lot. Full coverage for me is like 140 or something. Thats what i get for living in a city of shitty drivers.
Old 12-12-2007, 03:29 PM   #57
steve shadows
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
steve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to steve shadows
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRavenS13 View Post
It's people like that who drive like idiots with our cars, and then the rest of the responsible drivers have to add ricer fees to our insurance too.

FAIL, damn irresponsible teenagers, FAIL.
the majority of people who can barely scape up enough money to buy a 240 and be a dirftor are fucking idiots
Old 12-12-2007, 05:43 PM   #58
2ilvia
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
2ilvia is not welcome here anymore2ilvia is not welcome here anymore2ilvia is not welcome here anymore2ilvia is not welcome here anymore2ilvia is not welcome here anymore2ilvia is not welcome here anymore2ilvia is not welcome here anymore2ilvia is not welcome here anymore2ilvia is not welcome here anymore2ilvia is not welcome here anymore2ilvia is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaLo View Post
^^^^ Quoted for the truth.
except without the quoted part...

i think the insurance co. is lying to them, smart move. the insur. co. knows that they wont pay 100+k a year, thats why they quoted it so high, so that there was NO chance of them having to insure his high-risk self.
IF they were to insure him for say, even 20k a year, and he got in a big accident, then the insur. co would lose bank and THATS WHY THEY DONT WANT TO INSURE HIM

methinks
Old 12-12-2007, 05:46 PM   #59
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Wow, I'm totally envious of the rates you guys are getting! I pay $3,000 annual on insurance for liability on my 96 240sx, my 89 crx si, and full coverage on my 06 sti. This is literally 8 percent of my net income :P Before insuring my sti, i had insured a 92 miata in it's place, and rates were 2500 annual.

I'm 29, have 1 point, maybe 4-5 accidents in the past (although no accidents in the past 4 yrs), have been driving for 8 yrs. Insurance is listed under San Ramon (backwaters suburb) in the Bay Area.

With all the outrageous inflation rates going about, I sure will look forward to my rates rising!
Old 12-12-2007, 05:55 PM   #60
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neejay View Post
I agree.

I got quoted like $500+ per month on a 2003 WRX. lol...
The WRX (and the EVO) are probably one of the most expensive cars you could insure due to very high accident and theft rates. IIRC, the STi and the WRX has the same rates. Insurance companies will not discriminate between the two models. In this respect, I consider the STi to be a better value.
Closed Thread