Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 11:18 PM   #241
CursedGTR
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
CursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by B Love View Post
Dude Is say get the Haltech. and 950 hp is just fine Wangan FTMFW. except gas prices suck and you gotta pay toll fees over there huh. Dude Jeff no one has the money to build stuff like this. you know all these kids want the cheapest sr swap they can find haha.
I will consider the Haltech but at the end of the day, it comes down to the computer that can meet what is needed with the most reliability and cost efficiency possible. although motec and cost efficiency are no where near each other it is still an awesome computer that I should consider if the price is right when I go to buy.

I know what you mean about everyone wanting the cheapest stuff possible and I guess that is cool, I would rather just do it right and save the money to get what I need when I need it. If that means I slow down on the project for a while, so be it, it will be done as I envisioned it rather than have a bunch of compromises.

I figure, if I opened a shop I would have to be able to come up with low cost solutions to high end dreams. pretty damn hard to do but possible as long as people keep it real we will see where it goes later on as I get closer to making that decision.

The Biggest things that I would want my shop NOT to be:
- Fly by night shitty swap shop.
- Dirty ass shop that people ask about on the internet because their first impression sucks
- Full of know it all fuck sticks that do not know how to listen to someone and then come up with a solution. I hate it when people get stuck in their ways and come up with lame shit due to laziness. I say this because I will probably be my own customer as well (Kind of like the hair club for men).
- Half assed in any way shape or form. I would want to be able to build or restore any car that came so it would have to be pretty extensive to reach those goals. That is why I am kind of thinking about it right now and trying to determine which way to go with it.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-2007, 11:53 PM   #242
B Love
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
B Love is just really niceB Love is just really niceB Love is just really niceB Love is just really niceB Love is just really niceB Love is just really niceB Love is just really niceB Love is just really niceB Love is just really nice
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Yea I gotcha. my friend tried doing his shop like that but I mean not too many people have the money and he wasnt getting paid what he was worth you know. I think in Japan they will respect your craftsmanship and good work more so than the US.
Old 11-19-2007, 01:16 AM   #243
xpl2007
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (15)
xpl2007 is close to perfectionxpl2007 is close to perfectionxpl2007 is close to perfectionxpl2007 is close to perfectionxpl2007 is close to perfectionxpl2007 is close to perfectionxpl2007 is close to perfectionxpl2007 is close to perfectionxpl2007 is close to perfectionxpl2007 is close to perfectionxpl2007 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Motec M800!! Haltech is so old school..... So i herd... Your build might as well have the best since your putting a lot of sweat and tears....

Yeah some do have the funds though. But no body builds for freeway runs out here like that... Many are all HIN cars..

I still think this is a dream build its to much getting a headache...

Whats wrong with SR?? lol jk..

Old 11-19-2007, 04:37 AM   #244
DSPro

Trader Rating: (0)
DSPro is a jewel in the roughDSPro is a jewel in the roughDSPro is a jewel in the roughDSPro is a jewel in the roughDSPro is a jewel in the roughDSPro is a jewel in the roughDSPro is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by CursedGTR View Post
No... There are only 25 shops allowed to sell it here in japan and you have to have it installed by them if you want the system, there are no authorized dealers here in Okinawa.
Unbelievable build. It's nice to see someone taking their time and putting so much effort into every detail.

If you decide you want the Defi Super Sports cluster let me know as the owner of one of those "25 shops'' is a friend of mine. I'm sure we could sneak one over to you.
Old 11-19-2007, 05:29 AM   #245
CursedGTR
Zilvia Junkie

CursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSPro View Post
Unbelievable build. It's nice to see someone taking their time and putting so much effort into every detail.

If you decide you want the Defi Super Sports cluster let me know as the owner of one of those "25 shops'' is a friend of mine. I'm sure we could sneak one over to you.
I might just take you up on that, especially if something comes out allowing them for JCI inspection.
Old 11-20-2007, 12:24 AM   #246
Size

Size is on a distinguished road
more pics please, this is pure sex!
Old 11-20-2007, 03:26 AM   #247
GreekRPS13
Leaky Injector

GreekRPS13 can only hope to improve
unreal man its beautitful
Old 11-21-2007, 12:12 AM   #248
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
this thread is such a tease. can't wait for the final product. excellent work!
Old 11-21-2007, 07:46 AM   #249
Gavster
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
Gavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Gavster
I love your brackets!! Pure machined hotness!
Old 11-21-2007, 12:21 PM   #250
tknbkthrsdy4anfg
Nissanaholic!

tknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to tknbkthrsdy4anfg
Dude everything about this build is ridiculous.
I admire your attention to detail.
I can't wait to see the coolant lines running off those AN fittings.

$pending dead pre$ident$ J@CK@TT@CK!
Old 11-22-2007, 01:42 AM   #251
kazama

kazama is an unknown quantity at this point
CursedGTR,

Was it hard fitting the RB26 inside ? (mounting wise, clearance, etc)

And do you know whether it would be possible to wire back the stock s15 meter cluster to correctly read the speed/tacho as the signals from a 6cyl are different from a 4cyl ?

p/s. absolutely amazing work done to your car.

Cheers.
Old 11-22-2007, 02:17 AM   #252
DOOK
Post Whore!

DOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfection
I'd really like to make comment but i don't really have anything to say... kinda speechless actually. Very sexy build, can't wait to see it finished and in a magazine.

Old 11-22-2007, 11:59 AM   #253
hunter8411
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (20)
hunter8411 has a reputation beyond reputehunter8411 has a reputation beyond reputehunter8411 has a reputation beyond reputehunter8411 has a reputation beyond reputehunter8411 has a reputation beyond reputehunter8411 has a reputation beyond reputehunter8411 has a reputation beyond reputehunter8411 has a reputation beyond reputehunter8411 has a reputation beyond reputehunter8411 has a reputation beyond reputehunter8411 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Send a message via AIM to hunter8411
Awesome work, keep it up. Can't wait to see the final product.
Old 11-22-2007, 04:45 PM   #254
CursedGTR
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazama View Post
CursedGTR,

Was it hard fitting the RB26 inside ? (mounting wise, clearance, etc)

And do you know whether it would be possible to wire back the stock s15 meter cluster to correctly read the speed/tacho as the signals from a 6cyl are different from a 4cyl ?

p/s. absolutely amazing work done to your car.

Cheers.
I used an RB member from a C34 Laurel and the mounts from the same car, it just kind of plopped right in there. Stock cluster and all that jazz is not too difficult to wire in from what C&Y Sports says, I just choose not to do so because I am tossing all of the old wiring as well.
Old 12-22-2007, 07:02 PM   #255
CursedGTR
Zilvia Junkie

For thepast two weeks, I have really done nothing but apply fiber, sand, mix more fiber, sand, sand and sand some more, but I have finally eliminated the exhaust arch in the rear bumper.
The plan calls for something like a dual pipe exhaust exiting the bumper through two separate holes with a carbon fiber bezel ring.
Or
Same thing but exiting from the center of the bumper.
The wastegate pipes will be set up to exit through a similar set up in the passenger side side skirt.
Anyways, here is a pic or two, for nay sayers up front, I really don't care for the input, I am doing this because it something most would likely NOT waste their time doing.

Old 12-22-2007, 07:03 PM   #256
89singlecamnoob
Zilvia Member

89singlecamnoob has much to be proud of89singlecamnoob has much to be proud of89singlecamnoob has much to be proud of89singlecamnoob has much to be proud of89singlecamnoob has much to be proud of89singlecamnoob has much to be proud of89singlecamnoob has much to be proud of89singlecamnoob has much to be proud of89singlecamnoob has much to be proud of89singlecamnoob has much to be proud of89singlecamnoob has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to 89singlecamnoob Send a message via Yahoo to 89singlecamnoob
turned out awesome, looks way clean.
Old 12-22-2007, 07:37 PM   #257
RedStage
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
RedStage is a splendid one to beholdRedStage is a splendid one to beholdRedStage is a splendid one to beholdRedStage is a splendid one to beholdRedStage is a splendid one to beholdRedStage is a splendid one to beholdRedStage is a splendid one to beholdRedStage is a splendid one to beholdRedStage is a splendid one to beholdRedStage is a splendid one to beholdRedStage is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I decided I don't like you
You have a lot of patience, can't wait to see the finished product. Great thread.

Old 12-22-2007, 07:45 PM   #258
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
That looks so clean that it needs a side by side picture with the exhaust cut-out still present to give a full appreciation of the work.
Old 12-22-2007, 08:02 PM   #259
jrcobias

jrcobias is on the path to ruinjrcobias is on the path to ruin
Send a message via Yahoo to jrcobias
wowers!! i really like. keep us posted...
Old 12-22-2007, 08:08 PM   #260
rowdogg03
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
rowdogg03 is a name known to allrowdogg03 is a name known to allrowdogg03 is a name known to allrowdogg03 is a name known to allrowdogg03 is a name known to allrowdogg03 is a name known to allrowdogg03 is a name known to allrowdogg03 is a name known to allrowdogg03 is a name known to allrowdogg03 is a name known to allrowdogg03 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
that is the biggest intercooler i have ever seen in my life..

Old 12-23-2007, 02:07 AM   #261
emersonLP
Zilvia Junkie

emersonLP has a reputation beyond reputeemersonLP has a reputation beyond reputeemersonLP has a reputation beyond reputeemersonLP has a reputation beyond reputeemersonLP has a reputation beyond reputeemersonLP has a reputation beyond reputeemersonLP has a reputation beyond reputeemersonLP has a reputation beyond reputeemersonLP has a reputation beyond reputeemersonLP has a reputation beyond reputeemersonLP has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to emersonLP
Bumper looks great, but cmon man! I need more updates! I was so excited to see you update this thread again! You have only succeeded in whetting my appetite

Keep up the amazing work
Old 12-23-2007, 02:57 AM   #262
Behind Horizon
Zilvia Member

Behind Horizon will become famous soon enoughBehind Horizon will become famous soon enoughBehind Horizon will become famous soon enoughBehind Horizon will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpl2007 View Post
Well you have some skills. Hope you make military a retirement. But damb make some fat cash doing this for others.. And you dont have a shop. I only see Top Secrete, Mines, HKS, and hand full of others kinda building things like this. SICK!!! Open a shop after this and bet millions will come...

You're pretty naive if you think you can earn much money only with the modification of cars...
Old 12-23-2007, 03:01 AM   #263
hibidiwho
Leaky Injector

hibidiwho is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by CursedGTR View Post
I will consider the Haltech but at the end of the day, it comes down to the computer that can meet what is needed with the most reliability and cost efficiency possible. although motec and cost efficiency are no where near each other it is still an awesome computer that I should consider if the price is right when I go to buy.

I know what you mean about everyone wanting the cheapest stuff possible and I guess that is cool, I would rather just do it right and save the money to get what I need when I need it. If that means I slow down on the project for a while, so be it, it will be done as I envisioned it rather than have a bunch of compromises.

I figure, if I opened a shop I would have to be able to come up with low cost solutions to high end dreams. pretty damn hard to do but possible as long as people keep it real we will see where it goes later on as I get closer to making that decision.

The Biggest things that I would want my shop NOT to be:
- Fly by night shitty swap shop.
- Dirty ass shop that people ask about on the internet because their first impression sucks
- Full of know it all fuck sticks that do not know how to listen to someone and then come up with a solution. I hate it when people get stuck in their ways and come up with lame shit due to laziness. I say this because I will probably be my own customer as well (Kind of like the hair club for men).
- Half assed in any way shape or form. I would want to be able to build or restore any car that came so it would have to be pretty extensive to reach those goals. That is why I am kind of thinking about it right now and trying to determine which way to go with it.
i have a autronic sm2 for sale if u are interested
Old 12-23-2007, 04:01 AM   #264
Zilvia FREAK!

status:one is close to perfectionstatus:one is close to perfectionstatus:one is close to perfectionstatus:one is close to perfectionstatus:one is close to perfectionstatus:one is close to perfectionstatus:one is close to perfectionstatus:one is close to perfectionstatus:one is close to perfectionstatus:one is close to perfectionstatus:one is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to status:one
nice job on the rear bumper.
Old 12-23-2007, 05:16 AM   #265
Drifter Z
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (64)
Drifter Z has much to be proud ofDrifter Z has much to be proud ofDrifter Z has much to be proud ofDrifter Z has much to be proud ofDrifter Z has much to be proud ofDrifter Z has much to be proud ofDrifter Z has much to be proud ofDrifter Z has much to be proud ofDrifter Z has much to be proud ofDrifter Z has much to be proud ofDrifter Z has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 64 reviews
looks very cool.

gl
Old 12-23-2007, 11:52 AM   #266
drifting.8
Zilvia Member

Location: What's heavier a pound of iron or a pound of feathers??
drifting.8 has much to be proud ofdrifting.8 has much to be proud ofdrifting.8 has much to be proud ofdrifting.8 has much to be proud ofdrifting.8 has much to be proud ofdrifting.8 has much to be proud ofdrifting.8 has much to be proud ofdrifting.8 has much to be proud ofdrifting.8 has much to be proud ofdrifting.8 has much to be proud ofdrifting.8 has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to drifting.8
jeez that sweet that is the god of all gods...

RB 25DET NiZTECH BUILT
Old 12-23-2007, 01:34 PM   #267
burnsauto
Post Whore!

burnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to burnsauto
about how many hours do you have invested in the rear bumper alone?
Old 12-23-2007, 02:06 PM   #268
devonkyle77
Post Whore!

devonkyle77 is close to perfectiondevonkyle77 is close to perfectiondevonkyle77 is close to perfectiondevonkyle77 is close to perfectiondevonkyle77 is close to perfectiondevonkyle77 is close to perfectiondevonkyle77 is close to perfectiondevonkyle77 is close to perfectiondevonkyle77 is close to perfectiondevonkyle77 is close to perfectiondevonkyle77 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to devonkyle77

the bumper bracket laying on the floor, will you be able to use it with that huge IC? if not, could you sell it to me, please?
Old 12-23-2007, 02:32 PM   #269
96Turbo
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
that intercooler scares the shit outta me! I'll be looking forward to seeing this thing on the cover of a magazine in the near future!!!
Old 12-23-2007, 04:39 PM   #270
Subzeroqc
Leaky Injector

Subzeroqc will become famous soon enoughSubzeroqc will become famous soon enoughSubzeroqc will become famous soon enough
What do you feed that intercooler? Babies?
Closed Thread