Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Motorsports and Skilled Driving

Motorsports and Skilled Driving Discussion for Organized Racing and motorsports and tips and techniques at becoming a better driver.

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 03:21 PM   #661
FloridaRacing
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
FloridaRacing is a name known to allFloridaRacing is a name known to allFloridaRacing is a name known to allFloridaRacing is a name known to allFloridaRacing is a name known to allFloridaRacing is a name known to allFloridaRacing is a name known to allFloridaRacing is a name known to allFloridaRacing is a name known to allFloridaRacing is a name known to allFloridaRacing is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to FloridaRacing
Quote:
Originally Posted by NemeGuero View Post
I don't think I'd go to a low speed drift/autoX, just to let you know Jon.
I liked the 3rd gear too much. hahah
ya, agreed.....
Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-2008, 11:44 AM   #662
NemeGuero
No more nissan.

Trader Rating: (10)
NemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to NemeGuero
Where's DLo's?!

Oh, and .. fuck I forgot what I was gonna say.
Old 01-24-2008, 12:40 PM   #663
Sliders562
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (5)
Sliders562 is close to perfectionSliders562 is close to perfectionSliders562 is close to perfectionSliders562 is close to perfectionSliders562 is close to perfectionSliders562 is close to perfectionSliders562 is close to perfectionSliders562 is close to perfectionSliders562 is close to perfectionSliders562 is close to perfectionSliders562 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Sliders562 Send a message via Yahoo to Sliders562
i've decided to add a lil flava flava of my style and what you guys want for next event so yes indeed everyone will be satisfied.

JD course and practice session obstacles still in program that will be used in majority of time, it will interchange, although, there will be a bonus section since its a full day next time,
i guess the best thing i can do for the grippers are just the summer action
Old 01-24-2008, 05:03 PM   #664
Blackparade
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
Blackparade is close to perfectionBlackparade is close to perfectionBlackparade is close to perfectionBlackparade is close to perfectionBlackparade is close to perfectionBlackparade is close to perfectionBlackparade is close to perfectionBlackparade is close to perfectionBlackparade is close to perfectionBlackparade is close to perfectionBlackparade is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Practice for the newbs in the morning, consisting of donuts and figure 8's.
Then intermediate adavanced after that hitting up the JD course.
Interchange between the two groups every hour till 12 in the afternoon. Then both groups should run the JD course still seperated by skill level, and still interchanging every hour till the end!

Its the best training for your group, trust me!!!!!!
Ill probably be a spy at the next event =)
Old 01-24-2008, 05:11 PM   #665
TheSquidd
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
TheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TheSquidd
Based on interviews from the drivers, most just wanted to get to the Just Drift layout ASAP.

Donuts and such are a good warm up for about an hour, but to develop as a driver you need to get to a real course with clipping points and transitions.

The harder the challenge the faster you'll develop.

Sure, you might suck ass and spin, but at least you're progressing.
Old 01-24-2008, 05:25 PM   #666
Blackparade
Zilvia FREAK!

Blackparade is close to perfectionBlackparade is close to perfectionBlackparade is close to perfectionBlackparade is close to perfectionBlackparade is close to perfectionBlackparade is close to perfectionBlackparade is close to perfectionBlackparade is close to perfectionBlackparade is close to perfectionBlackparade is close to perfectionBlackparade is close to perfection
Exactly...thats why you should have the beginers hitting the donuts and fig 8's till noon. Thats gonna be about 3-4 hour sessions.
Most begginers i help out go will learn how to keep the slide going, and be able to transition by noon. So when they hit the JD course, even if they spin, they will still be progressing one corner at a time. Then when they show up to another event, they could skip the dontus and just hit the course. I was a begginer not to long ago, and trust me, this is what helped the most.
Old 01-24-2008, 06:43 PM   #667
FloridaRacing
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
FloridaRacing is a name known to allFloridaRacing is a name known to allFloridaRacing is a name known to allFloridaRacing is a name known to allFloridaRacing is a name known to allFloridaRacing is a name known to allFloridaRacing is a name known to allFloridaRacing is a name known to allFloridaRacing is a name known to allFloridaRacing is a name known to allFloridaRacing is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to FloridaRacing
you dont need to have 2 courses.

just setup the JD course, big circle then a figure 8 in the middle of the circle. (or no figure 8) . everyone goes out at will

Beginners line up on the right, int on the left. beginners go out 1 at a time to just go drift around the circle/figure 8 for a minute or 2, after that 2 intermediates in the left lane go 2 laps, back to 1 beginner to do the circle, etc. then you just keep 1 course that tailors to beginners and advanced. beginners should be able to judge for themselves on what they need to do. If not, they are instructed to be in the beginner line if they constantly spin trying to do the advanced (full) course.

I would like to see some small cones setup at clipping points, entry inside corner, inside haybail, back hail bail mid circle then exit left
Old 01-24-2008, 06:44 PM   #668
SoCal-s130
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (4)
SoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I agree with above posts.
Old 01-24-2008, 06:49 PM   #669
swayray
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (23)
swayray is close to perfectionswayray is close to perfectionswayray is close to perfectionswayray is close to perfectionswayray is close to perfectionswayray is close to perfectionswayray is close to perfectionswayray is close to perfectionswayray is close to perfectionswayray is close to perfectionswayray is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaRacing View Post
you dont need to have 2 courses.

just setup the JD course, big circle then a figure 8 in the middle of the circle. (or no figure 8) . everyone goes out at will

Beginners line up on the right, int on the left. beginners go out 1 at a time to just go drift around the circle/figure 8 for a minute or 2, after that 2 intermediates in the left lane go 2 laps, back to 1 beginner to do the circle, etc. then you just keep 1 course that tailors to beginners and advanced. beginners should be able to judge for themselves on what they need to do. If not, they are instructed to be in the beginner line if they constantly spin trying to do the advanced (full) course.

I would like to see some small cones setup at clipping points, entry inside corner, inside haybail, back hail bail mid circle then exit left

I tried that on the previous event... didn't work that well... but then again we had over 30 drivers...
Old 01-24-2008, 06:50 PM   #670
Blackparade
Zilvia FREAK!

that would be a nice set up if wthere were beginers who could keep fig 8's within the confines of the ring, but i dont know of any. Also the beginers will be taking out cones when going around the ring. Everytime some one runs a anihilates a cone, we will have to re position the track so that the intermidiate guys could have a good run. Picking up cones takes forever, excpecially when you think about how many times your gonna have to do it. Thats why its always best to have two groups.
Old 01-24-2008, 07:12 PM   #671
Sliders562
Nissanaholic!

Sliders562 is close to perfectionSliders562 is close to perfectionSliders562 is close to perfectionSliders562 is close to perfectionSliders562 is close to perfectionSliders562 is close to perfectionSliders562 is close to perfectionSliders562 is close to perfectionSliders562 is close to perfectionSliders562 is close to perfectionSliders562 is close to perfection
no haybail moving allowed next event. cones only. no two groups due to people not going with their call groups, yes i caught some of you guys cutting into another group--- imma stick to the idea i planned. From my review it'll keep both sides happy beginner and intermediate, and yes Squidd, mark and the others, your advice about people anxious about the just drift layout will be kindly thought of. i also talked to drivers near the end of the day and some were missing the beginning layout when the jd course was at the end of the day then they went home. >> not a good sign

consistency & making all drivers happy is the key to a successful event.

....... staking a contest... eh some ppl probably went home kinda iffy
Old 01-24-2008, 07:25 PM   #672
hunter8411
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (20)
hunter8411 has a reputation beyond reputehunter8411 has a reputation beyond reputehunter8411 has a reputation beyond reputehunter8411 has a reputation beyond reputehunter8411 has a reputation beyond reputehunter8411 has a reputation beyond reputehunter8411 has a reputation beyond reputehunter8411 has a reputation beyond reputehunter8411 has a reputation beyond reputehunter8411 has a reputation beyond reputehunter8411 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Send a message via AIM to hunter8411
Either way I'll be at the next event. But the beginners course gets old fast, and burning up tires doing just donuts gets old even faster.

I dont mind practicing the sweeper while everyone else works on their donuts. However the JD course is what I think alot of us were waiting for most of the day, atleast I know I was.
Old 01-24-2008, 08:34 PM   #673
Blackparade
Zilvia FREAK!

well if you could do donuts ok, then move to the intermidiate gorup and do the JD course. No biggy.
Old 01-24-2008, 09:47 PM   #674
vinhnumber
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
vinhnumber is close to perfectionvinhnumber is close to perfectionvinhnumber is close to perfectionvinhnumber is close to perfectionvinhnumber is close to perfectionvinhnumber is close to perfectionvinhnumber is close to perfectionvinhnumber is close to perfectionvinhnumber is close to perfectionvinhnumber is close to perfectionvinhnumber is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
both of the touke's i've drove in, they were both great, lots of track time, and I had a fair amount of track time on the full course, even though I seem to run into problems everytime I go to the track.
Old 01-24-2008, 11:22 PM   #675
DLo Eric
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
DLo Eric has a reputation beyond reputeDLo Eric has a reputation beyond reputeDLo Eric has a reputation beyond reputeDLo Eric has a reputation beyond reputeDLo Eric has a reputation beyond reputeDLo Eric has a reputation beyond reputeDLo Eric has a reputation beyond reputeDLo Eric has a reputation beyond reputeDLo Eric has a reputation beyond reputeDLo Eric has a reputation beyond reputeDLo Eric has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I made a gif of some video I got of the event heh heh smokin'

Old 01-25-2008, 12:38 PM   #676
Sliders562
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLo Eric View Post
I made a gif of some video I got of the event heh heh smokin'

no extra pics ?
Old 01-25-2008, 12:46 PM   #677
DLo Eric
Zilvia Member

DLo Eric has a reputation beyond reputeDLo Eric has a reputation beyond reputeDLo Eric has a reputation beyond reputeDLo Eric has a reputation beyond reputeDLo Eric has a reputation beyond reputeDLo Eric has a reputation beyond reputeDLo Eric has a reputation beyond reputeDLo Eric has a reputation beyond reputeDLo Eric has a reputation beyond reputeDLo Eric has a reputation beyond reputeDLo Eric has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliders562 View Post
no extra pics ?
I do but I still need to go through them haha
Old 01-25-2008, 12:57 PM   #678
NemeGuero
No more nissan.

NemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfection
fuck it, just upload them all. haha
Old 01-25-2008, 02:01 PM   #679
karl wasabi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (41)
karl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Send a message via AIM to karl wasabi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliders562 View Post
i also talked to drivers near the end of the day and some were missing the beginning layout when the jd course was at the end of the day then they went home. >> not a good sign

consistency & making all drivers happy is the key to a successful event.

....... staking a contest... eh some ppl probably went home kinda iffy
Donuts are boring. All you do is kill tires. Donuts should really only be no more than an hour. ...and why would people go home after the donut course. They must be crazyyy. The JD layout is what you go to Balcony for.

The contest was really fun. It just needs to be organized. I saw people going like 5 or more times. I thought it was 1 judged run. If anything, it should be 3 runs max on the full course or the donut course and take the best judged run. I think people went home iffy because of this.

Communication is key!
Old 01-25-2008, 03:01 PM   #680
NemeGuero
No more nissan.

This is true.. I didn't drive hella miles for a skid pad. (I could do that up here)
I couldn't understand why people were driving on that thing all day.
Old 01-25-2008, 03:55 PM   #681
SUPERSTAR
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (18)
SUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
The contest was really fun. It just needs to be organized. I saw people going like 5 or more times. I thought it was 1 judged run. If anything, it should be 3 runs max on the full course or the donut course and take the best judged run. I think people went home iffy because of this.

Communication is key![/quote]

Agree, Thanks Karl for the input, Keep in mind this is our first attempt at this, but I will sit down with my staff and Touke's for restructure. It was based on first run and Judged by the crowd reaction. The other runs did not count and they just wanted seat time.
It will get better and so will the PRIZES.
Old 01-25-2008, 05:13 PM   #682
Irukandji
Post Whore!

Irukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Irukandji
Yeah the "competition" was more of a side show. Burn outs and donuts... ZZZZzzzzzz

I'm not complaining everyone was on the skid pad, MORE TIME FOR ME! har har

But yeah, the line for the skid pad was 8 cars long, while the line for balcony was 3 cars. Something isn't right
Old 01-25-2008, 06:43 PM   #683
DLo Eric
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irukandji View Post
Yeah the "competition" was more of a side show. Burn outs and donuts... ZZZZzzzzzz

I'm not complaining everyone was on the skid pad, MORE TIME FOR ME! har har

But yeah, the line for the skid pad was 8 cars long, while the line for balcony was 3 cars. Something isn't right
That back corner kills, always a lot of sand in some spots and its not really that wide. I was waiting for an open track for some fun time.
Old 01-25-2008, 11:11 PM   #684
speed_racerx
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
speed_racerx is a name known to allspeed_racerx is a name known to allspeed_racerx is a name known to allspeed_racerx is a name known to allspeed_racerx is a name known to allspeed_racerx is a name known to allspeed_racerx is a name known to allspeed_racerx is a name known to allspeed_racerx is a name known to allspeed_racerx is a name known to allspeed_racerx is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to speed_racerx
too bad you left before we opened it up. i had a blast w/ the jd setup.

thanks for the sticker louis!!

Old 01-26-2008, 11:15 AM   #685
Sliders562
Nissanaholic!

the contest i have nothing to do with that>>>

Touke next event:
less morning warm-up session, more JD layout

9:00am - 11:00am morning warm-up skidders & backyard sweepers
11:30am - 5:00pm afternoon JD or option sweeper layout

haha touke going on a lil vacation, im going to drift day this month stay tune for the next event

Old 01-26-2008, 12:58 PM   #686
silsx13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (34)
silsx13 has a brilliant futuresilsx13 has a brilliant futuresilsx13 has a brilliant futuresilsx13 has a brilliant futuresilsx13 has a brilliant futuresilsx13 has a brilliant futuresilsx13 has a brilliant futuresilsx13 has a brilliant futuresilsx13 has a brilliant futuresilsx13 has a brilliant futuresilsx13 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 34 reviews
Send a message via AIM to silsx13
KA

Whoa- I like how everyone is putting their own 2 cents in the discussion along with contributing good ideas and feedback which are all totally valid.

I think that instead of just having the JD course layout, why not also have the now "big" left hand sweeper open as well??? That would give drivers the option of doing either the JD course or just the sweeper itself, depending on how "saucy skilled" they feel. The left-hand sweeper might seem easy for some but i still see it as something that should be conquered totally at the balcony if you haven't done so already.

Besides that, I can see the merit in Jon's desire to have a grip session- I believe that before you learn how to drift, you should learn how to grip.

Blog: http://hartapexlife.blogspot.com/

Old 01-26-2008, 01:08 PM   #687
karl wasabi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (41)
karl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Send a message via AIM to karl wasabi
Quote:
Originally Posted by silsx13 View Post
Whoa- I like how everyone is putting their own 2 cents in the discussion along with contributing good ideas and feedback which are all totally valid.

I think that instead of just having the JD course layout, why not also have the now "big" left hand sweeper open as well??? That would give drivers the option of doing either the JD course or just the sweeper itself, depending on how "saucy skilled" they feel. The left-hand sweeper might seem easy for some but i still see it as something that should be conquered totally at the balcony if you haven't done so already.

Besides that, I can see the merit in Jon's desire to have a grip session- I believe that before you learn how to drift, you should learn how to grip.
The left hand sweeper is always open. No one says that you HAVE to do the JD circle. Just do as you please I guess. Just don't be a track hog. =)
Old 01-26-2008, 01:14 PM   #688
Sliders562
Nissanaholic!

i agree on the left hand sweeper and jd course yes indeed final.

Touke next event:
less morning warm-up session, more JD layout

9:00am - 11:00am morning warm-up skidders & backyard sweepers
11:30am - 5:00pm afternoon JD or option sweeper layout

i just thought grip/drift cuz i need the workout, but its kewl i'll go to other events to work out

haha im going to drift day WOO HOO! now to find a way to pass tech spec
Old 01-26-2008, 03:02 PM   #689
silsx13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (34)
silsx13 has a brilliant futuresilsx13 has a brilliant futuresilsx13 has a brilliant futuresilsx13 has a brilliant futuresilsx13 has a brilliant futuresilsx13 has a brilliant futuresilsx13 has a brilliant futuresilsx13 has a brilliant futuresilsx13 has a brilliant futuresilsx13 has a brilliant futuresilsx13 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 34 reviews
Send a message via AIM to silsx13
KA

Quote:
Originally Posted by karl wasabi View Post
The left hand sweeper is always open. No one says that you HAVE to do the JD circle. Just do as you please I guess. Just don't be a track hog. =)
Yep agree with that Karl. Just wanted to bring up the idea of the left hand sweeper since it wasn't mentioned yet in the discussion of course layouts (if it was correct me, sorry!).

And about driftday Jon- What type of helmet do you have? I ask because DD now requires all helmets to be SA or Snell certified, no more motorcycle helmets (i.e. MSnell, etc.). Just looking ou for ya.

That reminds me, i have to buy a new helmet if i wanna do DDs!!! Darn.....

Blog: http://hartapexlife.blogspot.com/

Old 01-26-2008, 03:30 PM   #690
Blackparade
Zilvia FREAK!

damn it!!!!!!! no more msnell
Closed Thread