Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-08-2008, 12:24 PM   #1
Boostage
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
Boostage is making his/her stupidity well-knownBoostage is making his/her stupidity well-knownBoostage is making his/her stupidity well-knownBoostage is making his/her stupidity well-knownBoostage is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Anyone over 400rwhp?

Anyone here making over 400rwhp in an S car? s13 or s14 is it scary? hard to control? just want to have an idea of how it feels in these cars. I know in heavier cars mustangs/Camaro's its not soo bad.
Boostage is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-08-2008, 12:28 PM   #2
Grenade180sx
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
Grenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Grenade180sx
its not scary unless you drive like an ass hole.

and it depends on what turbo is giving you the 400 horsepower.

a smaller responsive turbo will be very fun, but if your running a t66 boost will come in hardcore and things can get scary quick if your not ready for it.
Grenade180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 12:39 PM   #3
Thursday
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
Thursday is close to perfectionThursday is close to perfectionThursday is close to perfectionThursday is close to perfectionThursday is close to perfectionThursday is close to perfectionThursday is close to perfectionThursday is close to perfectionThursday is close to perfectionThursday is close to perfectionThursday is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Thursday
NA 400rwhp can be scary in a LS1 or other v8 swapped s chassis.

pm some of those guys and ask them how resposive it is.
Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 12:39 PM   #4
kensreliableb18b
Zilvia Addict

Location: so cal - 626, 909, 562 and 949. 818 if i feel like running away
kensreliableb18b is just really nicekensreliableb18b is just really nicekensreliableb18b is just really nicekensreliableb18b is just really nicekensreliableb18b is just really nicekensreliableb18b is just really nicekensreliableb18b is just really nicekensreliableb18b is just really nicekensreliableb18b is just really nice
if you have to ask then it's not for you.
kensreliableb18b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 12:50 PM   #5
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Quote:
Originally Posted by kensreliableb18b View Post
if you have to ask then it's not for you.
I tend to have this attitude also.

Steve Shadows' car is definitely over 400whp, and seems very responsive. Just like anything else that has more power than grip, as soon as you floor it, you expect the back end to walk a bit if you're not pointed in a straight line.

Nothing is scary unless it's unexpected.

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 12:52 PM   #6
((sr)) kelly
BANNED

Trader Rating: (6)
((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
if i ever get my car boosting right itll have over 400whp
((sr)) kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 12:54 PM   #7
Syncade
Zilvia FREAK!

Syncade is making his/her stupidity well-knownSyncade is making his/her stupidity well-knownSyncade is making his/her stupidity well-knownSyncade is making his/her stupidity well-known
Send a message via ICQ to Syncade
Any hp can be scary if you are on the right kind of road

I miss my Pennsylvania mountains so much Living in states where it is flat is just torture when you grow up in hills
Syncade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 01:02 PM   #8
mugendork
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
mugendork has a reputation beyond reputemugendork has a reputation beyond reputemugendork has a reputation beyond reputemugendork has a reputation beyond reputemugendork has a reputation beyond reputemugendork has a reputation beyond reputemugendork has a reputation beyond reputemugendork has a reputation beyond reputemugendork has a reputation beyond reputemugendork has a reputation beyond reputemugendork has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Thumbs up

400hp will only be scary your first time stepping on the throttle. Your driving style will definitely have to adjust, but you get used to it. The screwed up part is shortly after you hit that 2-3-4-5 hundred horsepower peak, it wont be enough. You get used to it..
mugendork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 01:11 PM   #9
((sr)) kelly
BANNED

Trader Rating: (6)
((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mugendork View Post
400hp will only be scary your first time stepping on the throttle. Your driving style will definitely have to adjust, but you get used to it. The screwed up part is shortly after you hit that 2-3-4-5 hundred horsepower peak, it wont be enough. You get used to it..

Very true..... i went from 230whp to 330 whp and that was a blast for a few days.. im sure that the 400 whp rush will be short lived as well..

id have to say its not really the HP that scares you.. its the torque.. imo
((sr)) kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 02:14 PM   #10
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
Query, would you suggest then when building an engine, if your goal is 350 HP build it to withstand 600 HP that way when you reach your goal and get used to it, you dont have to rip the engine out and re-building to get more hp?

Also super newb question, if a KA, SR and RB 20/25/26 were all running at 500 HP would the cars feel significantly different other than torque?
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 02:24 PM   #11
Full-Lock
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
Full-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Full-Lock
its not hard to get used to
Old 04-08-2008, 02:33 PM   #12
steve shadows
Post Whore!

steve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to steve shadows
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boostage View Post
Anyone here making over 400rwhp in an S car? s13 or s14 is it scary? hard to control? just want to have an idea of how it feels in these cars. I know in heavier cars mustangs/Camaro's its not soo bad.
yes

hard to control

depends

tires not hot? yes

tires too hot? yes

too much air in tires yes?

do I need bigger stickier tires? yes.

Is it fun getting sideways in 3rd sometimes? yes.

semi-laggy? barely.

3076R- 18 psi - 91 octane - Red Top - Haltech - Greddy IM - 264 HKS

ive noticed laggier but with 50 more whp is easier to control.

Also not quite as fast on the street. Fast at track though (old setup with T61)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full-Lock View Post
its not hard to get used to

graph please
Old 04-08-2008, 02:52 PM   #13
mydogsdrift
Leaky Injector

mydogsdrift will become famous soon enoughmydogsdrift will become famous soon enoughmydogsdrift will become famous soon enoughmydogsdrift will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Exactly. I'm over 400whp and I got used to it. It scares the hell out of people riding with me but it feels like a sentra to me now.
Old 04-08-2008, 03:15 PM   #14
Zerolift Autolab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
Zerolift Autolab has a brilliant futureZerolift Autolab has a brilliant futureZerolift Autolab has a brilliant futureZerolift Autolab has a brilliant futureZerolift Autolab has a brilliant futureZerolift Autolab has a brilliant futureZerolift Autolab has a brilliant futureZerolift Autolab has a brilliant futureZerolift Autolab has a brilliant futureZerolift Autolab has a brilliant futureZerolift Autolab has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Zerolift Autolab
My S14 Made 469rwhp with Built SR 3071R, AEM + much more obviously

The car is alot of fun, with the proper tire fitment, alignment setup and most important - not driving it like a complete Jacka$$.
Zerolift Autolab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 03:17 PM   #15
steve shadows
Post Whore!

steve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfection
Yeah I get jaded pretty fast.

But then again with a 2400 lb weight (2600 with me)

it's a little more knuts then a soaking wet s14 with 450whp

I already have the itch, I want to build the other block I got then go for 500whp at 28 psi.

I mean if im at 405-410whp on the dyno dynamics at 18 lol - It should be plausible - the math on paper says so at least.

Ive just been beating on this stock bottom end for 2+ years now at that power level, I want a refreshed set of pistons at least.

anyways im just blabbing
Old 04-08-2008, 03:38 PM   #16
Full-Lock
Nissanaholic!

Full-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfection
Old 04-08-2008, 04:31 PM   #17
rowdogg03
Zilvia Member

rowdogg03 is a name known to allrowdogg03 is a name known to allrowdogg03 is a name known to allrowdogg03 is a name known to allrowdogg03 is a name known to allrowdogg03 is a name known to allrowdogg03 is a name known to allrowdogg03 is a name known to allrowdogg03 is a name known to allrowdogg03 is a name known to allrowdogg03 is a name known to all
wow...nice numbers..
Old 04-08-2008, 04:52 PM   #18
steve shadows
Post Whore!

Quote:
[IMG][/IMG]

cool none-the less.

torque leaves something to be desired? less than 250 under 5500?

what is that a T66-T3?
Old 04-08-2008, 04:58 PM   #19
Nismoknightska-t
Premium Member

Location: Azusa, socal baby! why do i live this way?? it must be the money!
Nismoknightska-t is close to perfectionNismoknightska-t is close to perfectionNismoknightska-t is close to perfectionNismoknightska-t is close to perfectionNismoknightska-t is close to perfectionNismoknightska-t is close to perfectionNismoknightska-t is close to perfectionNismoknightska-t is close to perfectionNismoknightska-t is close to perfectionNismoknightska-t is close to perfectionNismoknightska-t is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Nismoknightska-t
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve shadows View Post
cool none-the less.

torque leaves something to be desired? less than 250 under 5500?

what is that a T66-T3?

that has to be a sr20...
Nismokights on http://www.youtube.com/user/NismoKnights
Nismoknightska-t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 04:59 PM   #20
steve shadows
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nismoknightska-t View Post
that has to be a sr20...
I make over 345 peak and over 300 from 4400-7

I have an sr (thats on a real dyno too haha)

16 psi -18 psi 91 octane

the spike is actually the boost controller over correcting (down to 15-16 then back up to 19 by the end of that slope), fixed it since then, should make even more power and torque now.
Old 04-08-2008, 05:39 PM   #21
Full-Lock
Nissanaholic!

thanks guys

na
rb26 w/ 2 hks gt2530 turbos
aem standalone

yea
torque
Old 04-08-2008, 06:01 PM   #22
Koopa Troopa
Post Whore!

Koopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Koopa Troopa
Engine is 450 some capable however I am far from there right now For a car with a T04S and 270 cams my car is extremely responsive.. Hell the T88 180 I raced seemed pretty responsive too...

Buy my Stillway shifter!

Koopa Troopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 06:53 PM   #23
steve shadows
Post Whore!

Quote:
thanks guys

na
aem standalone

yea
torque
Just tuner. probably

Probably has more potential.
Old 04-08-2008, 07:15 PM   #24
Full-Lock
Nissanaholic!

yea my car did dyno 650whp with its old tune/standalone, super unreliable though..
which is why it was changed

yea
i dunno

the tuner is ivan from AMS..he has the quickest ka-t in the world i believe..
i was going to bring it back up there this summer and have him mess with it again..
Old 04-08-2008, 07:21 PM   #25
250sxdet
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
250sxdet will become famous soon enough250sxdet will become famous soon enough250sxdet will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
thanks guys

na
aem standalone

yea
torque
http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/for...0.html&hl=dyno

Heres a thread with rb26's with a bunch of different turbo setups. I think your setup is good for 550+whp and 450+ tq. I have a rb26 with 2510's waiting to be put in a track car...that should yield 500whp and 400ish lb tq. Def get your setup retuned.
250sxdet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 07:45 PM   #26
donabeast

donabeast is an unknown quantity at this point
i went from a shit ass civic to the sil80 i got like a month ago and im def used to it already the guy i bought it from said it was puting down 400+rwhp but i havent seen a dyno sheet yet 130mph in third kinda has me thinkin hes telling the truth but im def used to the power and will be finishing up the top end here in the next month or two
donabeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 07:55 PM   #27
godzillarb
Zilvia Junkie

godzillarb is a name known to allgodzillarb is a name known to allgodzillarb is a name known to allgodzillarb is a name known to allgodzillarb is a name known to allgodzillarb is a name known to allgodzillarb is a name known to allgodzillarb is a name known to allgodzillarb is a name known to allgodzillarb is a name known to allgodzillarb is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by 250sxdet View Post
http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/for...0.html&hl=dyno

Heres a thread with rb26's with a bunch of different turbo setups. I think your setup is good for 550+whp and 450+ tq. I have a rb26 with 2510's waiting to be put in a track car...that should yield 500whp and 400ish lb tq. Def get your setup retuned.
I was thinking the same thing, the power band for the 26s isn't usually that steep from what I've seen. Are you running stock cams? That might be the issue...
Old 04-08-2008, 07:56 PM   #28
McRussellPants
Nissanaholic!

McRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond repute
Straight line 60mm+ turbos are boring, they're really lazy so you have alot of warning before you have to start pedaling it.

3071/3076 can get intresting drifting/racing. You just have to pay attention to where your RPM is more, beacaue if it catches you out of boost and then hits in, its a bitch to catch.

Other than that its all cake.

then again, if you drive like a chump you'll think everything is scary.
McRussellPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 10:58 PM   #29
Leaky Injector

2,1 is not welcome here anymore2,1 is not welcome here anymore2,1 is not welcome here anymore2,1 is not welcome here anymore2,1 is not welcome here anymore2,1 is not welcome here anymore2,1 is not welcome here anymore2,1 is not welcome here anymore2,1 is not welcome here anymore2,1 is not welcome here anymore2,1 is not welcome here anymore
man I have a stock Ka and I think that is fast, so if I jumped into a 400hp 240 im sure I would get a hard on (;
2,1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 11:03 PM   #30
SuicidnS13
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (27)
SuicidnS13 is on the path to ruinSuicidnS13 is on the path to ruinSuicidnS13 is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2,1 View Post
man I have a stock Ka and I think that is fast, so if I jumped into a 400hp 240 im sure I would get a hard on (;
LOL -stock KA fast- Ive heard em all now... (;
SuicidnS13 is offline   Reply With Quote