Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 04-17-2008, 01:15 PM   #1
ej2civic
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
ej2civic is a jewel in the roughej2civic is a jewel in the roughej2civic is a jewel in the roughej2civic is a jewel in the roughej2civic is a jewel in the roughej2civic is a jewel in the roughej2civic is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Wiring Problem

I have a 1993 coupe that i built a ka24de-t for, last week i put the motor in but have run into a problem I have no fuel or spark.
I pretty much figured it was something with the computer because everything runs from the ECU, my problem is when i turn the key to acc, the little red LED inside doesn't light up, no even on diagnostic mode. i found a pin out diagram on the internet and checked all the power wires, and they all have good power except the ECU relay wire has only 8 volts (not sure if it is supposed to have the full 12 or not) but the little LED still does not come on.

If i take the test light and touch the fuel pump pin the fuel pump will kick on, which doesn't make any sense to me

does anyone know where the ECU gets it main power from?
Old 04-22-2008, 03:06 PM   #2
moses
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
moses is making his/her stupidity well-knownmoses is making his/her stupidity well-knownmoses is making his/her stupidity well-knownmoses is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
i need to know the answer to this too. i get back up power but no main power
moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 03:11 PM   #3
Sr20det>Ka24de
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Sr20det>Ka24de is not welcome here anymoreSr20det>Ka24de is not welcome here anymoreSr20det>Ka24de is not welcome here anymoreSr20det>Ka24de is not welcome here anymoreSr20det>Ka24de is not welcome here anymoreSr20det>Ka24de is not welcome here anymoreSr20det>Ka24de is not welcome here anymoreSr20det>Ka24de is not welcome here anymoreSr20det>Ka24de is not welcome here anymoreSr20det>Ka24de is not welcome here anymoreSr20det>Ka24de is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ej2civic View Post
I have a 1993 coupe that i built a ka24de-t for, last week i put the motor in but have run into a problem I have no fuel or spark.
I pretty much figured it was something with the computer because everything runs from the ECU, my problem is when i turn the key to acc, the little red LED inside doesn't light up, no even on diagnostic mode. i found a pin out diagram on the internet and checked all the power wires, and they all have good power except the ECU relay wire has only 8 volts (not sure if it is supposed to have the full 12 or not) but the little LED still does not come on.

If i take the test light and touch the fuel pump pin the fuel pump will kick on, which doesn't make any sense to me

does anyone know where the ECU gets it main power from?

careful what you are stabbing on your ecu with a test light, you should throw out the tester and get a multi-meter first of all, I can get you wiring diagrams tomorrow when I get to work, if you can wait