Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 04-24-2008, 08:22 PM   #1
travypoo
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
travypoo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via MSN to travypoo
Tomei T-trax install question

i recently bought an AXA tomei t trax 2 way diff for my 91 180sx with factory VLSD. the install for the most part went very well, bolted the carrier in properly and everything. the short half shaft went in without a problem, there was a brand new C clip on that side in the LSD, when i went to install the longer half shaft it would not stay in the diff. i noticed that there was no C clip in that side and the groove in the LSD was alot smaller than the short shaft side. i tried re using my C clip ring but the groove was not deep enough in the diff to slide the long half shaft past. i was wondering if anyone else had this problem or there was something i was missing that i did not know? im guessing the long shaft side groove was not machinced properly or at all. seeing how there was no C clip inside. thanks
travypoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links