Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 06-02-2008, 01:44 AM   #31
RiversideS13
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
RiversideS13 has a reputation beyond reputeRiversideS13 has a reputation beyond reputeRiversideS13 has a reputation beyond reputeRiversideS13 has a reputation beyond reputeRiversideS13 has a reputation beyond reputeRiversideS13 has a reputation beyond reputeRiversideS13 has a reputation beyond reputeRiversideS13 has a reputation beyond reputeRiversideS13 has a reputation beyond reputeRiversideS13 has a reputation beyond reputeRiversideS13 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to RiversideS13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sil-Abc View Post
so let me get this straight, u already have a car with a rebuilt engine and you want another car with only 800 dollars. u dont have a job, u cant even drive yet, u want to drift the car in the future but u only have 800 and no job..... this is as bad as that thread about taking a loan for a 240sx. U already have a car, stick with it. I got my car by workin my ass off for 1600 when i was 17 and had that car till last month (im 22 now). I dont see y u cant stick with what u have now, save that 800 till u get more then u can get a car that u want in the future and start to do ur drifting and time trial thing. its expensive to work on cars and track events. track events come out to be a minimum of 200 each time (considering gas, track fee, motel the night before) and thats without tires and maybe other things. u workin with 800 is like enough to pay for gas for a few months. overall, stay with what u have, save the money, until u get a job u shouldnt even think about another car or even tracking it, go to college and focus on school. if u get something now and by the time u ACTUALLY have the money to spend for track and parts thatll be in a few years so whatever ur planning, its not wise at all but thats my opinion
very well said. i would + rep you but it wont work haha
RiversideS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-2008, 02:02 AM   #32
gabe30
Leaky Injector

gabe30 is close to perfectiongabe30 is close to perfectiongabe30 is close to perfectiongabe30 is close to perfectiongabe30 is close to perfectiongabe30 is close to perfectiongabe30 is close to perfectiongabe30 is close to perfectiongabe30 is close to perfectiongabe30 is close to perfectiongabe30 is close to perfection
s12? bad call. being a friend of yarou and his s12, he's done so much extensive research on that car and still tells me how horrible it is. he might as well have gotten an s13. if you are that committed to working on an s12, then more power to you, but fyi not many people are.

if you're wondering on what to do, get your license so you can drive

if you want something reliable, grab something along the lines of a mid 90's camry.

you might as well scrap it all and get like an mx73 cressida. sounds like soemthing following those guidelines. miata's are dope also
gabe30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 02:54 AM   #33
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
track days are cheap if you autox. $40 for an event is something even i can afford when i'm broke.

to the op, my suggestion is just to save up until you have 2g. get a good condition EF, Si model. it'll be reliable, easy on gas, fun to drive, and forgiving. unless it's unreliable, it's autox ready in stock trim. go do an autoX every month, and do so with the mindset of improving your driving and having fun. don't waste your $ on fancy performance parts.

hpde track days are more expensive, riskier, wear out tires faster, and put more stress on your car. consider it later down the road. i have no experience with drift events, so no comment on that.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 04:23 AM   #34
Sil-Abc
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (13)
Sil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Sil-Abc
drift events and autox track events are 2 completely different events. autox u go to practice ur line and improve time and ur driving skills, drifting is more fuckin around and learning to push it past that grip limit. autox is cheap, u can go to laguna for like 40 i heard BUT drifting is expensive because its more dangerous, many tracks dislike it due to the damage to the roads and dirt dumping, and those can easily start at 100. i remember them being as low as 50 and as high as 200 so nowadays itll be 100 minimum.

Also he doesnt have a license, he probably doesnt even kno how to drive stick shift so if he cant do that or drive highways, forget autox and drifting he'll shit his pants or cause an accident.

sorry if im bashing on ur ron but 2g is hardly enough for anything now, that cant even get a 240 or a decent condition car. with 2g, he may get a car but he'll need so much more just to maintain it and do a routine check up and gas and too many expenses. (dont worry i gave u rep so dont hate me haha)

To OP: im not as old as some ppl but i have gone thru ur situation before and kno what its like. i wanted to start drfiting immediately but i didnt have the funds. take it from me, be patient, be happy with what u have now cuz if u can learn the lines and limits of the car u have now, itll be alot easier with autox and drifting in different cars in the future. save ur money for now and watch it grow.
Old 06-02-2008, 09:16 AM   #35
Bubbles
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Bubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by thejapino View Post

Holy shit that's hot.
Bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 03:59 PM   #36
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sil-Abc View Post
sorry if im bashing on ur ron but 2g is hardly enough for anything now, that cant even get a 240 or a decent condition car. with 2g, he may get a car but he'll need so much more just to maintain it and do a routine check up and gas and too many expenses. (dont worry i gave u rep so dont hate me haha)

To OP: im not as old as some ppl but i have gone thru ur situation before and kno what its like. i wanted to start drfiting immediately but i didnt have the funds. take it from me, be patient, be happy with what u have now cuz if u can learn the lines and limits of the car u have now, itll be alot easier with autox and drifting in different cars in the future. save ur money for now and watch it grow.
lol, thanks for the rep, but no need to apologize. disagreement makes for good discussion.

I suggested a an EF Si for 2k, because my first car was a 89 crx si, I got for 1,600. yeah, it wasn't in the best condition. the radiator needed to get replaced within the 1st month, and I had to spend approx $500 every year for repairs. It had 200k mi on it, and the exterior wasn't anything to brag about (probably a good thing). It was a great car that served me for a good 7 yrs as a beater and occasional track car, until i got a 92 miata later on. Parts were also cheap and abundant.

But yes, I also agree if you can afford to spend at least $5k, you should be able to get something in better condition. that's probably a more affordable & trouble free solution in the long run.

I just think a more forgiving fwd chassis would be easier to learn to drive than a rwd car. once your comfortable with fwd, move to rwd.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 04:00 PM   #37
kyoru
Zilvia Addict

kyoru is close to perfectionkyoru is close to perfectionkyoru is close to perfectionkyoru is close to perfectionkyoru is close to perfectionkyoru is close to perfectionkyoru is close to perfectionkyoru is close to perfectionkyoru is close to perfectionkyoru is close to perfectionkyoru is close to perfection
tough call if it were me I'd work with what I got aka 280Z, but I love old school Z's so :P

kyoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 04:34 PM   #38
Baka Sama
Zilvia FREAK!

Baka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabe30 View Post
s12? bad call. being a friend of yarou and his s12, he's done so much extensive research on that car and still tells me how horrible it is. he might as well have gotten an s13. if you are that committed to working on an s12, then more power to you, but fyi not many people are.

if you're wondering on what to do, get your license so you can drive

if you want something reliable, grab something along the lines of a mid 90's camry.

you might as well scrap it all and get like an mx73 cressida. sounds like soemthing following those guidelines. miata's are dope also
Hahaha. I remember telling someone that that car was a POS and getting bad rep from him for it a while ago. Unless you have the time and $$$ and really really like that car, dont do it. Nissan or not the s12 is a POS. Save your money and just buy a s13.

Youre young and broke. Driving any kind sports car should be the last thing on your to do list. If you want a cheap sporty car though a s13, fc rx7, or ae86 is your best bet.
Baka Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 04:36 PM   #39
BustedS13
Post Whore!

BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
Quote:
Originally Posted by thejapino View Post
TE72 are more common. Those are 80-83? and come with a bulletproof 3Tc engine. AE86 suspension parts fit w/ very minor fabbing. Short stroke setups are available using VW/mr2 front inserts & camaro rear shocks. Alot of people like the liftback and sportback models but I love 2-door coupes.
there is nothing cool about that. my mom used to take me to preschool in one of those fuck buckets.
Old 06-02-2008, 04:36 PM   #40
MikeisNissan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
MikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MikeisNissan
Should I get a white 93 SE Fastback for 1200. Good compression 189k minimal rust, with auto trans?

因果関係の流れ
MikeisNissan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 04:41 PM   #41
Baka Sama
Zilvia FREAK!

Baka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfection
^ I wouldnt, but to each his own. Im done dealing with 15 yo rust buckets. But then again Ive seen some nice s13 come from these same rust buckets.
Baka Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 11:26 PM   #42
Bubbles
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Bubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I like my cars like I like my women......

15 years old.
Bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 11:33 PM   #43
innovation
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
innovation is just really niceinnovation is just really niceinnovation is just really niceinnovation is just really niceinnovation is just really niceinnovation is just really niceinnovation is just really niceinnovation is just really niceinnovation is just really niceinnovation is just really nice
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ZlowZ View Post
I'm applying to target as I type this. I don't have any bills except for my own food. So 100$ a week on food the rest for gas and parts. Not bad I think wont be much, but I wont cruise around as much.
$100 a week for food? Holy crap! Say it with me man CUP-O-NOODLES and Spagetti. Learn to love them. Save yourself some major cash
innovation is offline   Reply With Quote