Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 07-12-2008, 04:51 PM   #1
.jrmyrmx
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
.jrmyrmx is just really nice.jrmyrmx is just really nice.jrmyrmx is just really nice.jrmyrmx is just really nice.jrmyrmx is just really nice.jrmyrmx is just really nice.jrmyrmx is just really nice.jrmyrmx is just really nice.jrmyrmx is just really nice
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
CONSULT in a 1990 240sx

i have a 1990 240sx with a redtop sr20det. is there a consult port somewhere? if there isnt can i add one?

when i put the ECU into diag. mode it gives me "55 - Other Malfunction. CONSULT Terminal Required"

i am willing to buy a CONSULT USB cord an the software but im not sure it its compatible.

thanks
.jrmyrmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-12-2008, 07:22 PM   #2
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Cut a plug out any 91-up Nissan. It's five wires, ground, ignition, TX, RX, CLK, those three will come from the ECU.

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
projectRDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 07:48 PM   #3
.jrmyrmx
Leaky Injector

.jrmyrmx is just really nice.jrmyrmx is just really nice.jrmyrmx is just really nice.jrmyrmx is just really nice.jrmyrmx is just really nice.jrmyrmx is just really nice.jrmyrmx is just really nice.jrmyrmx is just really nice.jrmyrmx is just really nice
could i just hardwire the usb cord onto the ecu and skip the plug all together?
Old 07-13-2008, 09:46 AM   #4
jdms13.4
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
jdms13.4 is making his/her stupidity well-knownjdms13.4 is making his/her stupidity well-knownjdms13.4 is making his/her stupidity well-knownjdms13.4 is making his/her stupidity well-knownjdms13.4 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
y not, just get ECU pinout and wire them in..
Old 07-13-2008, 09:50 AM   #5
sillyvia13
BANNED

sillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfection
you could but you would have a 8 ft wire hangin around...best thing is too wire in the plug..junk yard...
I have a spare for checking peeps cars..nice to have.
gl. and have fun
sillyvia13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 12:32 PM   #6
.jrmyrmx
Leaky Injector

if i wired this thing in would it be able to tell me what is wrong with my car instead of just blinking 55?
Old 07-14-2008, 08:29 PM   #7
MrFairlady
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (31)
MrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MrFairlady
I thought "55" ment Nothing was wrong & thats what It should Read??

Where the hell did I read that/hear that from.
Old 07-14-2008, 08:40 PM   #8
Jtuned_andy
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (27)
Jtuned_andy has much to be proud ofJtuned_andy has much to be proud ofJtuned_andy has much to be proud ofJtuned_andy has much to be proud ofJtuned_andy has much to be proud ofJtuned_andy has much to be proud ofJtuned_andy has much to be proud ofJtuned_andy has much to be proud ofJtuned_andy has much to be proud ofJtuned_andy has much to be proud ofJtuned_andy has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Code 55 for my RB means 'All Good'
Old 07-14-2008, 08:51 PM   #9
MrFairlady
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (31)
MrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MrFairlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtuned_andy View Post
Code 55 for my RB means 'All Good'
Well..I guess I'm not Crazy.thought I heard that.

So what if a Code "11" popped up in mine (car died while Driving 1 day 2 weeks ago)."CAS" - I have no spark either.

If thats the problem would the CEL come on,..because it never did.Just got my new CAS today.Hopefully that will fix it?

------hijack complete-----

Sorry.had to ask.