Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 07-14-2008, 01:50 PM   #1
chituntang
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (13)
chituntang is just really nicechituntang is just really nicechituntang is just really nicechituntang is just really nicechituntang is just really nicechituntang is just really nicechituntang is just really nicechituntang is just really nice
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
ECU wire missing...

I have a S14 with a redtop sr using a E5 ecu for about a year now. I have a guy did the swap for me since I did not have a garage at the time. The car starts, drives, seems fine.

However, as soon as I put the Apexi AFC neo on, the wiring mess I see down there piss me off. So today, I pull the harness out and see if any repairs are necessary.

I see some of the wires were cut off at the ecu plugs. I read the pinout online and find most of them are useless anyways. But like the pin 14 CLK signal, 23 CHK check, 32 speed signal, 34 start signal; I am not too sure about these.

What sure I do? I would love to repair the harness since I am just not rich enough to buy a new harness.

Thanks in advance
Jesse
chituntang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-14-2008, 06:23 PM   #2
Z U L8R
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
Z U L8R has a reputation beyond reputeZ U L8R has a reputation beyond reputeZ U L8R has a reputation beyond reputeZ U L8R has a reputation beyond reputeZ U L8R has a reputation beyond reputeZ U L8R has a reputation beyond reputeZ U L8R has a reputation beyond reputeZ U L8R has a reputation beyond reputeZ U L8R has a reputation beyond reputeZ U L8R has a reputation beyond reputeZ U L8R has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
vss aka vehicle speed is for your speedometer it should be yellow/green stripe, it'll go to your f3 plug in the appropriate pin, start signal is important as well but neither of these will hinder your safc/tune/car running. on SOME cars i've dealt with the start signal wire not being hooked up did keep the car from starting because the ecu would not stay on when the key was in the start position and trying to crank over the motor, but it all depends on how your guy wired in the ecu to the car's power supplies.

if you HAVE to have an safc instead of stand alone then i'd recommend safc2 over a neo any day. 12 tuning points (ne-points) instead of 8 and an arbitrary knock reference over an "illumination" feature any day of the week but since you already have it, it's whatever

good luck brotha
Dave =]
Old 07-14-2008, 07:32 PM   #3
chituntang
Zilvia Junkie

chituntang is just really nicechituntang is just really nicechituntang is just really nicechituntang is just really nicechituntang is just really nicechituntang is just really nicechituntang is just really nicechituntang is just really nice
I got the NEO just because I thought my car is running rich, and it is cheap since my friend won it from the Super Street letter of the month (He has RSX type S with Hondata). My car is not going to need any standalone until a turbo upgrade, which is like 2 years away. You can have 16 ne points in the neo btw, even though it does not make a difference as it sucks anyways.

My car starts fine even without the starter wire though. However, I would have to press the gas pedal myself to get it started as some people suggest that the starter signal wire will tell the ecu to give more fuel in order to start the car.

The speedo is reading fine and I can break 115mph since the ecu does not know how fast the car is going. It would cut fuel at 135-145mph as the rev hits about 4.5 to 5.5k (forgot... I did this a long time ago on I-85 3 in the morning...)

How about pin 14? It says it is a timing check or something like that. Is that important?

Damn, if I have enough money, I would bring my car to your shop and let you take a look at it...

BTW, is that S14 at Gwinnett Nissan yours? It is nice!!!!

Last edited by chituntang; 07-14-2008 at 08:16 PM..
Old 07-15-2008, 11:48 AM   #4
Z U L8R
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
Z U L8R has a reputation beyond reputeZ U L8R has a reputation beyond reputeZ U L8R has a reputation beyond reputeZ U L8R has a reputation beyond reputeZ U L8R has a reputation beyond reputeZ U L8R has a reputation beyond reputeZ U L8R has a reputation beyond reputeZ U L8R has a reputation beyond reputeZ U L8R has a reputation beyond reputeZ U L8R has a reputation beyond reputeZ U L8R has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
the s14 is chad's he's got his r33 gtr at our place and we do a lot of work with him and him with us.

wiring is my specialty btw. if you go to bp @ pleasant hill at all you've probably seen/heard about my Z up there.

you should come by the shop just to check it out anyways and if you want while you're here you could strap it down to the dyno and get ur neo tuned

gl man, gimme a call at the shop if you need help

Dave @ Lethal Injection Motorsports 770-343-9969
Old 07-15-2008, 12:25 PM   #5
chituntang
Zilvia Junkie

I am waiting for an exhaust that I want (no fart can. I have enough of it) before I can dyno/tune it.