Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA > Mid-Atlantic States

Mid-Atlantic States DC, Delaware, Kentucky, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and West Virginia.

Old 09-01-2008, 12:43 PM   #1
DoctorMuffn

Trader Rating: (0)
DoctorMuffn is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Outbrake Drift Event at G and J Kartway Camden, Ohio 45311

I had a slammin' good time. I'd have to say you Midwest drifters do it better than I've known them to do it on the west coast. It's a real, back-to-the-roots experience with honest peeps on an extremely technical track.

I was a little doubtful that a go-kart track could bring the sport to its peak and demand the most from its drivers, but all doubts were resolved once I got the first ride in with D in his RB20det powered S13 coupe. The track is completely reminiscent of what I've seen in touge videos - narrow and tight with good banking and ample room for all but excessive Katsuhiro Ueo-san style manji. And yet, Bill, D, Clint and many others were starting their drifts with good feint-motion, clutch kick, and side-brake techniques well into the straights long before the corners for an effectively stunning choku to lead off their connected corners and flowing line.

There was ample seat-time and towards the end of the event more open passenger seats than spectators willing to ride-a-long. Who woulda' thought you could grow weary of drifting or riding along with real, for-the-spirit-of-it drifters... I sure didn't. In fact, there was even this cat named Adam who had never been to an event and was experiencing drifting for the first time in his life. He got a ride-a-long with Derrick Allen, the head of Outbrake, himself. What a lucky guy; and no doubt totally ignorant of what it means to cut your teeth on the touge of Okinawa as D did. Maybe one day Adam will come to appreciate his experience to the depth that we drifters envy it.

Thanks for the ride-a-longs, D, Bill, and Kyle. And it was awesome chatting with you about your roots in racing and drifting, Clint. I'm looking forward to coming back out this way and learning from all of you on a real drift course like G and J. And mad props to Edgar and DRIFTindy for helping to put the event on. And I can't wait to see the footage that Chris and Brian gathered.
Sponsored Links