Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA > Mid-Atlantic States

Mid-Atlantic States DC, Delaware, Kentucky, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and West Virginia.

Old 05-13-2008, 09:27 PM   #1
vtech8r
BANNED

Trader Rating: (0)
vtech8r is not welcome here anymorevtech8r is not welcome here anymorevtech8r is not welcome here anymorevtech8r is not welcome here anymorevtech8r is not welcome here anymorevtech8r is not welcome here anymorevtech8r is not welcome here anymorevtech8r is not welcome here anymorevtech8r is not welcome here anymorevtech8r is not welcome here anymorevtech8r is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
s13 Low Life Kustomz of Allentown pa?

i recently attended carlisle performance and sound import car show as i live 15 minuted outside of carlisle PA. im sure a bunch of people here are familiar with the carlisle car shows. while there i met a gentlemen who told me about this shop he owned in Allentown pa, called "Low Life Kustomz" He told me that he specialized in lowering trucks as well as Japanese engine swaps including sr20, rb20, rb25, rb26 swaps into the 240sx body. i he told me that he was very experienced in all the swaps and his shop was the "home of the skyline swap," and he quoted me very reasonable prices on swaps/ conversions. and the prices were actually cheaper than i could do myself, as i personally do work at a Nissan dealer and have a ton of resources at my disposal. the only issue is that when i tried to find out more information about this guys' shop, there was very limited information about him and his show online, i was wondering if any one here on zilvia has had any experience with this shop?

i appreciate any help or information i can get on the subject matter, because i just wanna be sure about a shop before i agree for them to find me a motor, or have them do work for me
vtech8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-14-2008, 06:43 AM   #2
pwhitersxs
Zilvia Member

pwhitersxs will become famous soon enoughpwhitersxs will become famous soon enoughpwhitersxs will become famous soon enoughpwhitersxs will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to pwhitersxs
This should be in regional. If your gonna drive 2 hours to Allentown, why not drive to more established places like Hybridynamics or even Heavythrottle. There are a few more established shops around your area as well, I just can't name them at the moment. Hell I will help you do it if you want. If you want to drive up to Pittsburgh and want to get it done in one weekend. PM me

Anything with low life in the name of the place is a no go for me. Maybe on a bizarre coincidence (sarcasm) the people might be low lifes. Just a guess though.
Old 05-14-2008, 06:59 AM   #3
DOOK
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
DOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
just an FYI... last I heard hybridynamics was no longer functioning as a shop because their landlord refused to extend the lease... could just be rumor, I havent talked to them personally in 6+ months

DOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 02:26 PM   #4
pwhitersxs
Zilvia Member

pwhitersxs will become famous soon enoughpwhitersxs will become famous soon enoughpwhitersxs will become famous soon enoughpwhitersxs will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to pwhitersxs
Jason Greenwald who was the former owner went to work for Mazworx. Dennis is running the show now apparently and they moved to a new shop up the street in Latrobe.
Old 05-15-2008, 08:18 AM   #5
elfenguard911
Zilvia Member

elfenguard911 is on the path to ruinelfenguard911 is on the path to ruin
yea i know a tech at low life and its actually a pretty small shop i hear about alot of the jobs they get in and its so many its quite a long waiting list to get in. so i guess they do good work i just never got around to going up myself
Old 05-15-2008, 08:30 AM   #6
slidingsky
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
slidingsky is close to perfectionslidingsky is close to perfectionslidingsky is close to perfectionslidingsky is close to perfectionslidingsky is close to perfectionslidingsky is close to perfectionslidingsky is close to perfectionslidingsky is close to perfectionslidingsky is close to perfectionslidingsky is close to perfectionslidingsky is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I talk to Erik (owner) on a regular basis and he is a hard working man I can assure you. He does indeed have a small shop and there is a waiting list to get a car worked on but he is currently trying to move into a bigger shop. He has caught some flak because his jobs are not quick turn arounds but his quality speaks for itself.
slidingsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 08:45 AM   #7
elfenguard911
Zilvia Member

elfenguard911 is on the path to ruinelfenguard911 is on the path to ruin
true thats the only complaints i heard was he takes too long due to getting parts or whatever im mainly going by what matt said and on how they may be leaving allentown
Old 09-08-2008, 01:08 PM   #8
g35chick

g35chick is an unknown quantity at this point
This is a bit delayed, but if you are still looking to have work done, he does do a great job. I'd just call and let him know what all you want done. Certain things are built to order which is why they require more time. They do get backed up around carshow seasons, but he will always work with you and come up with something reasonable.
g35chick is offline   Reply With Quote