Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Reviews Forum > Private Sellers

Private Sellers Provide your experiences with individuals here. No flaming, accusations, or complaints! Be fair and objective. Make it info you'd like to see before you make a purchase.

Old 12-09-2008, 10:39 AM   #61
socal_kouki
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
socal_kouki has much to be proud ofsocal_kouki has much to be proud ofsocal_kouki has much to be proud ofsocal_kouki has much to be proud ofsocal_kouki has much to be proud ofsocal_kouki has much to be proud ofsocal_kouki has much to be proud ofsocal_kouki has much to be proud ofsocal_kouki has much to be proud ofsocal_kouki has much to be proud ofsocal_kouki has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Otis @ Otis Performances

On October 24th I pay paled Otis (Otis Performance) $82.41 for an SR alternator. We settled on $80 but I added extra for pay pal, whatever. I received it and held on to it for a few weeks before I had it checked. It was tested with both the SR and KA pigtails and was deemed non-functional.

I contacted Otis through Zilvia on November 6th he messaged me back saying to send the alternator back and he'd check for some mark he made on it. I sent it back and I haven't heard anything from him. I called him and left two separate messages and nothing. I even left him a message on his for sale thread (which he has checked since then) offering to pay a little extra to receive merchandise instead of money. I don't really need anything but I know it's a hassle to refund money.

I'm not trying to b*tch about the entire amount.. I included in my messages that I expect to pay for the shipping/pay pal whatever. But that still amounts to at LEAST 50-something bucks... I know Otis has a faithful following here and I do business with people who have known him for years... my first experience with him was a negative one cause I feel like I've done enough chasing for $50-something bucks.

On a side note: I recently sold a BMC w/booster to a gentleman using Otis' pay pal account. He pay paled me $40 for it and I almost thought it was Otis using a different screen name. After he called and told me he was a separate person I felt even more frustrated.
socal_kouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-09-2008, 11:03 AM   #62
WISH ONE
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
WISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to WISH ONE
Really....?? not like him... at all. You call him?
Old 12-09-2008, 11:19 AM   #63
socal_kouki
Zilvia Junkie

socal_kouki has much to be proud ofsocal_kouki has much to be proud ofsocal_kouki has much to be proud ofsocal_kouki has much to be proud ofsocal_kouki has much to be proud ofsocal_kouki has much to be proud ofsocal_kouki has much to be proud ofsocal_kouki has much to be proud ofsocal_kouki has much to be proud ofsocal_kouki has much to be proud ofsocal_kouki has much to be proud of
Twice. I understand he's a busy person. But how long does it take to check an alternator for secret markings..
Old 12-09-2008, 11:55 AM   #64
DUFFM4N
Post Whore!

Location: Southern California...where i stretch out haters like a bad thong
Trader Rating: (40)
DUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 40 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DUFFM4N Send a message via Yahoo to DUFFM4N
i think otis should also fix what he did to karl wasabi's car...FOE FREE

things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who HUSTLE

CLICK HERE FOR MY BLOG
DUFFM4N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 11:57 AM   #65
SoCal-s130
Nissanaholic!

SoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUFFM4N View Post
Yeah I wanna see Karl driving that car already...
Old 12-09-2008, 11:58 AM   #66
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Yeah he's probably busy doing more half assed engine harness work for people, to re-up when trying to charge people again to fix his fuck up work. Dude sells parts on the cheap, but if you're not picking something up from him in person and can deal with him in person I seriously would not even waste my time with that jack ass.
Old 12-09-2008, 12:26 PM   #67
Z33dori
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
Z33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
i;ve had teh same problem i paid him almost 2 months ago for a tuned ecu

and i have still yet to receive it.. i have talked to him, and every time i give him my info he never replies back with an update.

i'm very unsatisfied with his business ....
Old 12-09-2008, 12:58 PM   #68
Steve-O-Performance

Trader Rating: (0)
Steve-O-Performance is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUFFM4N View Post
Uh no when a car leaves our shop running and then the customer decideds to do somthing that should of been left alone. THAT IS NOT OUR PROBLEM. We looked at it and found his problems due to changing a harness which didnt need to be changed We got it to run but not properly, we could of fixed it but he didnt want to pay for his mistakes.
If it was a newer car and it was repaired at the dealer do you think the dealer would warranty the work if it was tampered with? NO
Steve-O-Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 01:04 PM   #69
Steve-O-Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Om1kron View Post
Yeah he's probably busy doing more half assed engine harness work for people, to re-up when trying to charge people again to fix his fuck up work. Dude sells parts on the cheap, but if you're not picking something up from him in person and can deal with him in person I seriously would not even waste my time with that jack ass.

Its half assed customers with no money wanting a 300 hp sr bringing me and oits there hacked harness's and we make it work within there budget. So unless you got some serious cash to get a new harness then I guess you have to deal with what you get from Japan.
Old 12-09-2008, 01:10 PM   #70
Steve-O-Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by socal_kouki View Post
On October 24th I pay paled Otis (Otis Performance) $82.41 for an SR alternator. We settled on $80 but I added extra for pay pal, whatever. I received it and held on to it for a few weeks before I had it checked. It was tested with both the SR and KA pigtails and was deemed non-functional.

I contacted Otis through Zilvia on November 6th he messaged me back saying to send the alternator back and he'd check for some mark he made on it. I sent it back and I haven't heard anything from him. I called him and left two separate messages and nothing. I even left him a message on his for sale thread (which he has checked since then) offering to pay a little extra to receive merchandise instead of money. I don't really need anything but I know it's a hassle to refund money.

I'm not trying to b*tch about the entire amount.. I included in my messages that I expect to pay for the shipping/pay pal whatever. But that still amounts to at LEAST 50-something bucks... I know Otis has a faithful following here and I do business with people who have known him for years... my first experience with him was a negative one cause I feel like I've done enough chasing for $50-something bucks.

On a side note: I recently sold a BMC w/booster to a gentleman using Otis' pay pal account. He pay paled me $40 for it and I almost thought it was Otis using a different screen name. After he called and told me he was a separate person I felt even more frustrated.

Me and Otis never recieved that alternator back. So unless you have tracking information to prove it got sent back then we will not send out a replacement. And I had the alternator checked before it was packaged so I know it was good cause we wouldnt ship out a broken part. And how do I know that you are not sending us back your old part to try and get something for free? So until that alternator arrives and its tested and examined then we will decide on what to do.
Old 12-09-2008, 01:17 PM   #71
DUFFM4N
Post Whore!

Location: Southern California...where i stretch out haters like a bad thong
Trader Rating: (40)
DUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 40 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DUFFM4N Send a message via Yahoo to DUFFM4N
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-O-Laggins View Post
Uh no when a car leaves our shop running and then the customer decideds to do somthing that should of been left alone. THAT IS NOT OUR PROBLEM. We looked at it and found his problems due to changing a harness which didnt need to be changed We got it to run but not properly, we could of fixed it but he didnt want to pay for his mistakes.
If it was a newer car and it was repaired at the dealer do you think the dealer would warranty the work if it was tampered with? NO
karl will post the story and pictures of the supposed "harness work" that was done to the car...

things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who HUSTLE

CLICK HERE FOR MY BLOG
DUFFM4N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 01:37 PM   #72
Steve-O-Performance

Yea the car was hacked before he brought us the car. I bet he doesnt have a before picture of the first entire harness before we repaired it. Either way his car ran perfectly unitl Karl messed with the harness. I drove the car it hauled ass but now it wont rev due to wire tampering. Like I said we got it to run with his newer harness and he wouldnt pay to have it wired in corretly instead of temporary wiring we used to get it to run. If he wanted he could copy the wiring of the old harness and save him this frustration. Hopefully he can do wiring better than he can weld his engine bay. Maybe he should post up some pictures of his handy work and youll see why he brought the car to us.
Old 12-09-2008, 01:52 PM   #73
Steve-O-Performance

Any person trying to contact Otis can contact me here through zilvia only if you cant contact Otis. This way things will get handled properly. Sorry for thread jacking about Karls car. And we'll figure out that alternator issue.
Old 12-09-2008, 02:14 PM   #74
karl wasabi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (41)
karl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Send a message via AIM to karl wasabi
For any persons in here discussing my car, please refrain. I do not want to start this mess in someone elses thread. I have contacted / PM'ed Steve-O-Laggins who now seems to be in charge of Q&A at RB-Otis Peformance.

socal kouki...I am sorry for this mess in your thread.
karl wasabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 05:17 PM   #75
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
No problemo Otis, I work on my own car anyway so I don't have to deal with Q&A reps.
Old 12-09-2008, 05:36 PM   #76
socal_kouki
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otis Performance View Post
Look i don't have time to deal with kids.
iam going to send you the full amount
send a payment request now!

I know the alternator was good because i tested before i sent it out
i never got it back in the mail
you can't even give me a tracking number for the alternator????.

my address is
15311 pipeline ln
Huntington beach ca 92649

For all you locals that are posting Bs.
Don't call me when someone scams/fucks you over and you need help fixing you car!
First of all I'd like to apologize for bringing this into public discussion but you ignored my calls. I never insulted you in any way for you to call me names. I'm a grown ass man I will have the same respect I've given you.
I SENT YOU YOUR ALTERNATOR. And you know there's no tracking number. It's pretty obvious you know I don't have one cause I never even refused to provide one.

Steve-O-Laggins: "And how do I know that you are not sending us back your old part to try and get something for free?"
I thought you never received it? And I thought Otis made a secret mark on it to identify his product?

I'm not looking for anything other than what I deserve. I will NOT send you a payment request for any amount. I think YOU should send me the amount and I will accept my money after your shipping charges have been deducted just like I told you in my phone messages and in PM. My email is the same as my Zilvia name at Hotmail.. it's on your paypal twice once paying the alt.. and once being paid for the BMC.

626 guys, no worries this is a review thread for anyone else to use as well.

Last edited by socal_kouki; 12-09-2008 at 06:02 PM..
Old 12-09-2008, 10:06 PM   #77
JayDee M Rolly
Nissanaholic!

JayDee M Rolly is just really niceJayDee M Rolly is just really niceJayDee M Rolly is just really niceJayDee M Rolly is just really niceJayDee M Rolly is just really niceJayDee M Rolly is just really niceJayDee M Rolly is just really niceJayDee M Rolly is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to JayDee M Rolly
still havent gotten my speed sensor.
JayDee M Rolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 05:23 PM   #78
karl wasabi
Post Whore!

karl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfection
I've been PM'ing Otis and his "Rep" about my situation. Funny...there hasn't been a response. Just...waiting...
Old 12-11-2008, 09:58 PM   #79
Z33dori
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
Z33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
yea same here... funny how we can find the time to defend himself

but can't answer pm's from other pissed off customers....
Old 12-12-2008, 09:30 AM   #80
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

Trader Rating: (104)
DALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 104 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DALAZ_68 Send a message via Yahoo to DALAZ_68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z33dori View Post
yea same here... funny how we can find the time to defend himself

but can't answer pm's from other pissed off customers....
funny how u say that, if he didnt defend himself ud bitch about him being shady and stay in the shadows off radar...

ive delt with Otis personally, he does good work...and he's right, most people who contact him have half assed hacked jobs that were done by others or themselves...u get what u pay for, he didnt want to pay to have it done to a full extent then so be it deal wiht the bare minimum if not less...

to the gent with Alt problem...maybe u should have gottena tracking number, i havent had a part sent back to me but u bet ur ass id ask them to send me a trakc # so i know that they sent it.

Otis i hope everthing gets worked out

CLUB LEXUS : Wh0pp3r
DALAZ_68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 04:47 PM   #81
karl wasabi
Post Whore!

Hey Hillary, YOU should tell Otis to call me. He won't answer my calls...

And I have no representative. I can handle my own shit.
Old 12-12-2008, 04:54 PM   #82
WISH ONE
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
WISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to WISH ONE
I understand that every shop/ dealership has their fair share of come backs and unhappy customers, unless you know/or have dealt with him personally your input is worthless, and in some cases unacceptable. He has always been straight forward and honest with me, and for those who say that have experienced otherwise I apologize. This review is thread, not a free for all to bash someones business, or vehicle, or employees, especially those who have not dealt directly with him. If all of you have some personal business to handle you know how to do that, in person, not on a public forum.
Old 12-12-2008, 04:59 PM   #83
socal_kouki
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DALAZ_68 View Post
funny how u say that, if he didnt defend himself ud bitch about him being shady and stay in the shadows off radar...

to the gent with Alt problem...maybe u should have gottena tracking number, i havent had a part sent back to me but u bet ur ass id ask them to send me a trakc # so i know that they sent it.

Otis i hope everthing gets worked out
You're completly right about the tracking number. I did return it, I'm not a thief, I'm not going to risk my reputation among my peers for 50-something f*cking dollars. I'll have to believe he didn't receive it and take my loss.

Alas, the evident fact is that Otis runs his business like sh*t. I'm not the only one complaining about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillaBean13 View Post
the wiring was correct. karl screwed up his wiring on his own. otis has his friends that represent him and help him out and so does karl obviously i mean how many people on here are sitting and talking about karls car...??? and correct me if i am wrong but according to the order of posts in this thread werent you the first one to comment on karls situation??? so im guessing your one of karls representatives also????
Mods: Can we please be less lenient on how many people in Otis' entourage are allowed to come in and drop their . I'd hate to see this thread get locked before more of Otis' customers get a chance to complain..
Old 12-12-2008, 05:27 PM   #84
karl wasabi
Post Whore!

Quote:
maybe you shouldnt be commenting on something that doesnt concern you.. where you there when karl picked his car up from otis?? cuz i was and i know exactly how it ran. i know whats going on first hand you dont so untill you get your facts straight. shhh
Oh, did you tell Otis to call me yet? Cause I haven't gotten one...

And by you insulting other people on this forum and feeling all superior, it really is degrading to the name of Otis/RB Performance.
Old 12-12-2008, 05:27 PM   #85
socal_kouki
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
maybe you shouldnt be commenting on something that doesnt concern you.. where you there when karl picked his car up from otis?? cuz i was and i know exactly how it ran. i know whats going on first hand you dont so untill you get your facts straight. shhh
I was refering to my own case, Hillabean.

I quoted one of your posts because there's way too many of Otis' friends in here, trying to discredit people's personal reviews in a review thread.

He's not allowed to post in this thread and neither are you.
Old 12-12-2008, 05:44 PM   #86
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

Trader Rating: (104)
DALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 104 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DALAZ_68 Send a message via Yahoo to DALAZ_68
Quote:
Originally Posted by socal_kouki View Post
You're completly right about the tracking number. I did return it, I'm not a thief, I'm not going to risk my reputation among my peers for 50-something f*cking dollars. I'll have to believe he didn't receive it and take my loss.

Alas, the evident fact is that Otis runs his business like sh*t. I'm not the only one complaining about it.
just to clarify, in no way did i mean to call u a thief, and lets leave that at that, i can only comment on my experience with RB performance and honestly it was +...so i hope u dont think im just one of his ''friends'' tryin to represent him...

i hope everything gets resolved right for everyone

CLUB LEXUS : Wh0pp3r
DALAZ_68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 06:37 PM   #87
bardabe
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
bardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to bardabe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-O-Laggins View Post
Hey, I can honestly put my work here, im not taking sides but this is my honest Profecional opinion of what i saw. and inspected on Karl's car. when i first showed up and saw his car, it was depressing at the very least to say.

he had the car "wired up" as the way it left RB-performance.
The Tachometer didn't work
The Speedo Did not work
didn't wanna wait and find it out if the temperature needle would function properly. since it didn't move after a minute.

the wiring harness itself "looked" Clean but as i got further into the wiring on "omg the instruments don't work" situation that's where things turned... for the worst. by then i had to go and take care of personal stuff so i left karl and really thought about the quality of work that was on the car. the way it looked so far. it was already mediocre

I came back to see Karl's car a few days later to keep digging into this mess, and was amazed even more. speechless i was at the very least but i found multiple things that where done like i've never seen done before. let me tell you what i saw;

For starters, The Dash plug by the ECU wasn't there... hmm wonder why the cluster didn't work *sarcasm*
- it also explain why the car was hard to start due to no start signal

lets keep moving along, lets see how he wired up the KA engine harness plugs in to the RB, looked for them for about 10 minutes, nowhere to be found, pretty odd if you ask me, so i look into his fender harness "Ahhh there they are" but something looked off, they had nothing attached. that definitely got me thinking. i really didn't want to look at the lower harness but shit it really couldn't be much worse. so i looked at it and eh messy is the nice way to put it.

I talked to karl that day, we sat down on the curb looked at his car ate some chilly and looked at his options. from what Karl had told me these where the reasons those weren't hooked up is because his chassis harness was messed up and that was the cleanest way to do it. That i can say right there and then is just a bullshit excuse because his harness in fact was a little messed up but not fubar and they could have charged him maby an extra 100$ 150$ tops to get some salvaged plugs, and wire it up properly.

This is the way i saw them wire it up. (unwrapped the harness)
all the power wires, got cut up and crimped into one huge Green power wire, close to the ECU then ran out of the fender well into the Engine bay,
the Fuel pump relay wire coming out of the ECU was completely cut and the other wire was nowhere to be found, the Temperature gauge sensor was cut and crimped another separate wire and taped along the side of the stock harness, and crimped into the stock chassis harness on the wrong wire at that. the ECU tach signal was tapped into with the cheap vatozone wire taps and as well tapped into the stock wiring harness again on the wrong pin. the lower harness was monkey rigged beyond belief, the alternator charge signal (white wire red stripe) instead of being soldered hell even crimped on the proper plug, it was extended and crimped on to the big green wire that came off the ECU, the charge wire was just clamped to the battery terminal, speed signal, neutral switch and reverse switch weren't even hooked up. Only thing they did right was the starter wire. Now the big green wire, and the alternator charge signal, where going to a relay in the front of the engine bay.... followed by a big black wire. they are going to a relay, great an oem nissan relay with blade type connectors

1 Power feed with no Fuse
3 power outputs from 1 pin to 2 fat wires (ECU, aternator, and Fans)
1 Ground
1 signal wire

COMPLETE FUCKIN HACK JOB! i stand amazed, karl is just speech less...

either way we come to a conclusion I told Karl to get a nother chassis harness with plugs to use for the RB swap the proper way and talk to otis and see what he would say. From what i was Told Otis agreed to fix his wiring he just had to tow the car back there because he uses "his own secret way to wire it up so nobody can mess with it", no big deal.

Karl tows the car, Otis refuses to repair the hack job, instead he reconnects the signal wire to the relay, so it powers the ecu, and fans again and tells Karl that's all he can do for free That it would cost him money to have his work fixed.

I am now going to unleash myself uppon the task of attempting to repair this wiring harness, and figure out the all mighty secret ways of the wiring. worse case scenario his engine harness will cost more to be repaired than a new OEM nissan harness.

I'm going to check the Timing belt job, since the car wont even idle right. since apparently it was done real fast to get the car out of the shop last minute. Karl has pictures of the wiring wich i will leave up to him to post or not.

as the reputable Nissan specialist that i am, i really don't know what's going on in that shop, but they gotta get their shit straight before the BAR get's involved with all this bad business. Their bad Jobs are giving me good business though I'll give them that much.

Thank You RB Performance, for all the half ass job's you have done that i have to repair and send one more satisfied customer on it's way.

-Juan

Review Thread
bardabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 04:36 PM   #88
socal_kouki
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otis Performance View Post

socal_kouki i want a fucking tracking number!! you started all this shit so finish it.
I already told you there's no tracking number TWICE. Despite the fact that I don't believe you or your people, I've kept my cool and accepted my loss. Knock it off with the tough guy role. You're not speaking with an imaginary SN on "teh interwebz"...

I'm not sure exactly how I started this harness deal or the other reviews.. I assure you it was not my intent. I just wanted my money.
Old 12-14-2008, 06:46 PM   #89
karl wasabi
Post Whore!

Otis Performance AKA RB Performance

In mid September I completed my RB20 motor swap with the exception of the wiring. I wanted to wire up the motor myself, but thought a professional would be the better way to go. I decided to call Otis at RB Performance and see what some of my options were. All he said was "Bring the car down." I towed the car over to RB Performance and Otis took a look at my car. He told me all the things that needed to be done and I told him all the things I would like to be done. Later in the day I received a call from Otis saying, "Your wiring harness is completely fucked up, I'll have to pull the entire harness out and re-do everything." I asked him for a quote, and he proceeded to tell me that it wouldn't be more than an 8 hour job at the "hook-up" price of $75/hr.

I reluctantly agreed to this as my car was already at the shop and being worked on. He also assured me that if anything ever went wrong with the wiring, he would fix it FOR FREE.

A later update reveals that the timing is "way off" and the belt needs to be redone. I was somewhat in shock as I did the timing belt when the motor was out of the car with my uncle. We quadruple checked the timing and cams, making sure everything was in the proper position. I told him to go ahead and re-do the timing belt reluctantly once again. This was going to be another 2-3 $75/hr job on top of the wiring job.

When I went to the shop to pick up my "finished" car, I saw that the most of the work I asked to be done, was in fact not done. The tach wasn't wired up, the cluster didn't work, the tail lights didn't work, the temperature sensor wasn't hooked up, the alternator wasn't charging, exhaust wasn’t installed, etc. Basically, the car was not drivable. Otis seemed to be in a rush and quickly hooked up the temperature sensor and tach by splicing it into the stock KA chassis harness using butt connectors!!!

After this, one of the shop hands took the car for a test drive. He deemed it properly running and said it was fast as hell. I then took it for a test drive, and to me it felt like it bogged a little before reaching boost. I didn’t think too much of it at the time, and was just happy that my car was running.

Most of my accessories were not working and Otis told me that I could bring the car back when I got a new harness and he would get everything wired up. (ie. Cluster, speedo, etc.)

I got the car home, and tried to start it up the next day. It took a lot of cranking and a lot of revving to finally get the motor running. I took it around the block exactly once and parked the car in my driveway. I contacted Bardabe (Juan) here on Zilvia to try and help me figure out what was going on with my accessories (since Otis was no help) and he told me that there must be a short or something missing in my chassis harness. So I got a new chassis harness from the junkyard, same year and model, and threw it in.

There was a minor problem though with getting the old chassis harness out. The RB engine harness was spliced directly into the old KA chassis harness!!! WTF? I thought as there was no way in getting the old chassis harness out without cutting wires. I had to cut exactly 3 wires to get the bad chassis harness out. When I put the new harness in, I didn’t want to try and splice anything into the harness and mess up the engine wiring. Juan took a look at it and couldn’t figure it out either. He told me that he’s never seen a wiring job like this EVER! Plugs and wires that were supposed to be there, weren’t… We also discovered that there were a few wires cut from the ECU.

So I talked to Otis about this and he told me that he wired up the harness a “special way” and only he knew where certain plugs and wires were. OK…???

So I brought the car down to Otis’ shop AGAIN because he told me he would fix it. He started by cutting off all the stock KA chassis harness plugs and twisting them together. It then took him about an hour to get the car running and when it was running the bogging problem persisted. He told me that this was a new problem and it must have been something I did, or when I was driving the car around. Like stated before, I got the car, drove it around the block once and parked it the whole time. I told him, “No, the car was like that when it left the shop.” He also accused me of cutting the wires to the ECU. We argued about this for a while and basically he told me he couldn’t do anything about it, and that it would cost another $300 to fix. He said that he had to redo the wiring once again. How could all these ENGINE problems occur by changing a CHASSIS harness? He also refused to wire up my tach, speedo, temp sensor, and so on after telling me previously that he would do it once I got a new harness.

I picked up the car the next day in pretty much in the same condition I brought it in (possibly worse). Once I got the car back to my house, it was the same. About 10-15 cranks and a lot of revving finally turned the motor over. Once the motor was running the idle was horrible and had lots of hesitation and bog. It also started backfiring out of the intake. This sounds like a timing problem right? But how could I possibly have a timing problem if I paid Otis to fix the timing? I guess he didn’t fix it.

His shop conditions were…bad to say the least. Every time I’ve gone to his shop his buddies are all there just having a blast and getting drunk. He spent more than half his time chatting with his buddies than working on my car. The shop is always a mess and tools are cluttered all over the place. He also spent another hour looking for his dog that ran away instead of working on my car. I bet all these extra hours spent chatting with buddies was added to the labor cost when in fact, there was no labor going on.

So now I have a car that doesn’t run, AND I’m also out over $800 for the shotty work I paid Otis to do. He won’t even give me a partial refund, and he is now avoiding my phone calls and PM’s. I’m currently looking for a new RB engine harness to start all over again. Bardabe is going to do the swap for me this time, and his work is MUCH better for the same, if not cheaper cost.

DO NOT GO TO OTIS / RB PERFORMANCE FOR A MOTOR SWAP OF ANY KIND!!! You’ll save yourself the hassle…
Old 12-14-2008, 06:57 PM   #90
karl wasabi
Post Whore!

Cliffnotes:

• Do not go to Otis/RB Performance for any wiring service of any kind.
  • Otis wired up my car and stated that if anything ever went wrong with the wiring, he would fix it for free.
  • Did not complete all the work asked the first time around.
  • The swap was thrown together by splicing and using butt connectors!!!
  • The “hookup” price is the normal price.
  • Otis is a lazy worker (does not pay attention to detail)
  • He won’t back up his work if something goes wrong.
  • Accused me of “fucking up my harness”
  • Otis and his workers insult paying customers.
  • Otis will not fix or even try to resolve this problem.
  • Horrible shop conditions.
  • The maximum amount of time it should take to do a job will always be what you pay for.
  • Horrible quality of work.