Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA > South Western States

South Western States Arizona, California, Hawaii, and Nevada.

Old 01-31-2009, 04:31 PM   #1
JDM Kid 510
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
JDM Kid 510 can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Possible Track In The Bay Area (Alameda)

Copy & Paste.

Drag Racing is definetly coming to the Bay Area along with all other forms of Motorsports. Nova 404, Batman09 and myself have witnessed first hand the beginning of a new motorsports park being developed in Alameda. This site is 255 acres of the old Alameda Naval Air Station. Initially they will have an 1/8 mile drag strip which they hope to have in operation by June. This will expand to a 1/4 mile in about a year or so once the government finishes clean up operations. This site will also include a moto cross track, about a 2 mile road course, auto cross and in the future additional venues will be added.

We need everyones help to convince the City that this drag strip is needed. The city is in favor of the moto cross track and road course but is concerned about the need and safety of a drag strip. I understand someone from the Alameda City Council saw the crash of Scott Kalitta and is very concerned about something like this happening here. I will be receiving a form letter shortly that I will pass along for us to follow. We need everyone to write a letter or an email about your interest and need for a drag strip here in the Bay Area. I believe this letter needs to include the safety issues that are strickly enforced also thru NHRA and other racing associations.

and more.

We have a new race track coming to the Bay Area. A group of investors is in the process of developing 255 acres of the old Alameda Naval Air Station. This will consist of an Autocross course, a moto X course, a road course and a 1/8 mile drag strip. Civil Engineering Blue prints are being drawn up right now for the drag strip and a contractor is being selected to resurface the concrete for smoothness of the drag strip.
We are being asked for input as to what racers would like and expect in a new track. No date has been established for opening yet but plans are for the track to be open on Saturdays and additional days will be added as needed. Special events are being planned including car shows and motor cycle shows.

Let me know your thoughts and I will pass them on. Hopefully a lot of our ideas can become reallity.

CAN'T WAIT!
JDM Kid 510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-2009, 04:32 PM   #2
JDM Kid 510
Leaky Injector

Question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova
Where did you hear about this?This sounds interesting, how long until they break ground on the project.

Answer.

I found out all of this from the guy who is the special events coordinator for this new facility. Things are moving along right now on this project and they are looking to have some things going on this summer. They have an NHRA official involved in this venture and I heard they may also have a very well known NHRA racer coming in as an investor in the facility. As I hear more information I will pass it on, I know a web site is in the process of being developed not sure when it will be available.

Question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
If it's on Gov't land, they won't have to jump thru so many hoops to get it built.
A new racing facility is great news. I can name at least a dozen that have closed down due to public pressure and politics.

Answer.

This site has been approved for Motorsports and they are looking to hold some Auto Cross events as early Feb. or March. The drag strip is still pending final civil plan submittal, safety and sanctioning. The first of the week they are meeting with the contractor to go over what needs to be done with the concrete runway to meet drag racing requirements. I have been invited to visit the site tomorrow so I will provide further update sometime tomorrow.
Old 01-31-2009, 04:32 PM   #3
JDM Kid 510
Leaky Injector

Little Update.

We need everyone to submit an email or letter regarding a new drag strip in the Bay Area.

The format we would like you to follow is as follows.

1. Provide your name and the city you live in.

2. Express your interest in drag racing.

3. Express how safe you feel drag racing is.

Please forward these emails to [email protected]

These will be printed out and used when they meet with the City of Alameda. This will show how much interest and support there is in having a new drag strip here in the Bay Area. Please let everyone know and ask them to get there email or letters in.

Thanks

Here's your chance to help!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1142.JPG (55.0 KB, 18 views)
Old 01-31-2009, 05:19 PM   #4
wangan_cruiser
kouki man

Trader Rating: (36)
wangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 36 reviews
Send a message via AIM to wangan_cruiser
lol damn. i live close by. this is sweet. no need to commute to far places haha
wangan_cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 06:44 PM   #5
singlecamslam
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
singlecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
thats mythbuster territory right there.
Old 01-31-2009, 08:46 PM   #6
GluedMyNuts
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
GluedMyNuts is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
lol That was the first thing that came to my mind too. Where will the Mythbusters go now?!
GluedMyNuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 08:58 PM   #7
Pacman
Zilvia FREAK!

Pacman has a spectacular aura aboutPacman has a spectacular aura aboutPacman has a spectacular aura aboutPacman has a spectacular aura aboutPacman has a spectacular aura aboutPacman has a spectacular aura about
Sweet. I always wondered what they were doing with that. Alameda has been looking better in the last few years with renovation. Its nice to see what they are doing at my old hometown. Also, I'll have a place to crash at my cousins when I go racing!
Pacman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 04:24 AM   #8
debby
Leaky Injector

debby is a jewel in the roughdebby is a jewel in the roughdebby is a jewel in the roughdebby is a jewel in the roughdebby is a jewel in the roughdebby is a jewel in the roughdebby is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to debby
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by wangan_cruiser View Post
lol damn. i live close by. this is sweet. no need to commute to far places haha
i got the same situation, hell yea!
debby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 11:09 AM   #9
240=180
Zilvia Member

240=180 has a spectacular aura about240=180 has a spectacular aura about240=180 has a spectacular aura about240=180 has a spectacular aura about240=180 has a spectacular aura about240=180 has a spectacular aura about240=180 has a spectacular aura about
^^^
LOL I'll stay at marks on track days haha
240=180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 11:18 AM   #10
blu808
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
blu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to blu808
I doubt anything will happen. I sure hope it does though.
Old 02-01-2009, 09:02 PM   #11
nor-caljdm
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
nor-caljdm is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
^^^ yeah same here
nor-caljdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 10:49 AM   #12
newb_driver
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
newb_driver will become famous soon enoughnewb_driver will become famous soon enoughnewb_driver will become famous soon enoughnewb_driver will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to newb_driver
Quote:
Originally Posted by blu808 View Post

word.

asdnsalkdnksad
Old 02-02-2009, 11:46 AM   #13
infamous240sx
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
infamous240sx is just really niceinfamous240sx is just really niceinfamous240sx is just really niceinfamous240sx is just really niceinfamous240sx is just really niceinfamous240sx is just really niceinfamous240sx is just really niceinfamous240sx is just really niceinfamous240sx is just really nice
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to infamous240sx
Yeah knowing Alameda, the city is not gonna let it be built because they are scared it might attract the wrong crowds.
infamous240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 05:30 PM   #14
shift_240
Leaky Injector

shift_240 is an unknown quantity at this point
this is really great alameda is just about 10 mins from me. a racetrack here would be great for all motor heads around the area.any more updates on this? whats the airport called? exact location? and if any events have been thrown yet?
shift_240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 05:32 PM   #15
YUNG DRIF
Zilvia Junkie

YUNG DRIF is a splendid one to beholdYUNG DRIF is a splendid one to beholdYUNG DRIF is a splendid one to beholdYUNG DRIF is a splendid one to beholdYUNG DRIF is a splendid one to beholdYUNG DRIF is a splendid one to beholdYUNG DRIF is a splendid one to beholdYUNG DRIF is a splendid one to beholdYUNG DRIF is a splendid one to beholdYUNG DRIF is a splendid one to beholdYUNG DRIF is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to YUNG DRIF
Quote:
Originally Posted by blu808 View Post

Nice.. yea the O Gee's of drifting tried to bring it back to the bay...
Lets see if the newbies can bring it back ..

I myself would pay 2 racks for this to happen