Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 03-19-2008, 01:23 PM   #61
SinisterSntra91
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
SinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Not sure if this was covered as I didnt read through the entire thread, but keep all recipts on aftermarket parts, I just throw all mine in a binder in those plastic clear sleves you can buy. I had my sentra hit a couple times and the insurance company refused to pay to replace any aftermarket parts unless I had recipts to prove their worth. It also comes in handy for theft claims. Photo copy best buy and circuit city recipts as they fade to blank after awhile....
SinisterSntra91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-07-2009, 11:46 PM   #62
gtstwincam
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
gtstwincam has much to be proud ofgtstwincam has much to be proud ofgtstwincam has much to be proud ofgtstwincam has much to be proud ofgtstwincam has much to be proud ofgtstwincam has much to be proud ofgtstwincam has much to be proud ofgtstwincam has much to be proud ofgtstwincam has much to be proud ofgtstwincam has much to be proud ofgtstwincam has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to gtstwincam Send a message via Yahoo to gtstwincam
sticky?.................
gtstwincam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 11:48 PM   #63
gtstwincam
Zilvia Member

gtstwincam has much to be proud ofgtstwincam has much to be proud ofgtstwincam has much to be proud ofgtstwincam has much to be proud ofgtstwincam has much to be proud ofgtstwincam has much to be proud ofgtstwincam has much to be proud ofgtstwincam has much to be proud ofgtstwincam has much to be proud ofgtstwincam has much to be proud ofgtstwincam has much to be proud of
another tip

take photos of your in case it ever gets stolen

4 corners, interior, engine, dash area, seats, stereo, vin, etc

save all receipts

if your car gets stolen, you need photo proof to show the cond of your car.
Old 09-07-2009, 11:55 PM   #64
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
I've been referring people to this thread.

You really helped me out in the past, and I wanted to let people know where they can go for good reputable help.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 12:04 AM   #65
implayaz9
Zilvia FREAK!

implayaz9 is a well-known jackass
Pmed u hoping to get some info about the adjuster field
implayaz9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 12:06 AM   #66
S13Boosts
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (12)
S13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtstwincam View Post
sticky?.................

+1 on that.
S13Boosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 12:12 AM   #67
drift_limo
Zilvia Junkie

drift_limo is a well-known jackass
Send a message via AIM to drift_limo
do you do services in vegas??
hehe ..
Old 09-08-2009, 12:12 AM   #68
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

Trader Rating: (104)
DALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 104 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DALAZ_68 Send a message via Yahoo to DALAZ_68
i wish this thread was around wen i got screwed over with my hatch...

any advice on how to handle medical issues, i nearly got raped by collectors due to the other guys insurance taking there time. lucky i caught it on time b4 it went on my credit record or worst...

CLUB LEXUS : Wh0pp3r
DALAZ_68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 12:38 AM   #69
xpertsnowcarver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (44)
xpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 44 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
(newbs with red squares take notes).
Lmao. The current newbs since it was removed won't take notes. Therefore, newbs that have been ridiculed for not searching or posting stupidity, take note.

My YouTube Channel
xpertsnowcarver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 12:43 AM   #70
zenki.life
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (27)
zenki.life is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to zenki.life
god ive never thought of this before, fuckin scary. guess i know what im going to insure next time

Quote:
Originally Posted by super240s14 View Post
man you all are ass holes...... and that is rude to talk like that on zilvia im reporting all you...... ZILVIA ADMINISTRATION PLEASE BANNED ALL THREE OF THESE DUDES
^^another person learns the perils of "stupid posting" on zilvia, too bad none will care.
zenki.life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 01:32 PM   #71
EricDET
Leaky Injector

EricDET is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtstwincam View Post
sticky?.................
+1 on the sticky... This thread has helped me quite a bit since my car was totalled last week.
EricDET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 02:15 PM   #72
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Sticky. I could have used this 3 times last fall...
Old 10-13-2009, 02:26 PM   #73
!Zar!
Post Whore!

!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
I wish my car was totaled.
Old 10-13-2009, 02:26 PM   #74
Edgar
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
Edgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Edgar
Just subscribe to it, this is a pretty good thread though.
Old 10-13-2009, 04:26 PM   #75
gtstwincam
Zilvia Member

If anyone has benefited from this thread... Id like to hear your stories.

Ive been very busy so i apologize for not getting to your PM's in time.

Here is another tip:

If you own a honda or 240sx, get COMPREHENSIVE coverage. Its not that much more $ on your premium and will save you a headache in case your car gets stolen.
Old 10-13-2009, 04:53 PM   #76
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Yeahhhhhhh I am STILL subscribed to this thread.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 09:47 PM   #77
ViciousCesar!
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (8)
ViciousCesar! is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
<--subscribed... =D
ViciousCesar! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 10:28 PM   #78
carnagexxxx
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (-1)
carnagexxxx is a splendid one to beholdcarnagexxxx is a splendid one to beholdcarnagexxxx is a splendid one to beholdcarnagexxxx is a splendid one to beholdcarnagexxxx is a splendid one to beholdcarnagexxxx is a splendid one to beholdcarnagexxxx is a splendid one to beholdcarnagexxxx is a splendid one to beholdcarnagexxxx is a splendid one to beholdcarnagexxxx is a splendid one to beholdcarnagexxxx is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: -1 reviews
I'm also in the insurance industry. I wanted to note one thing and that is that every state has different insurance laws. Hell, I'm technically not in a state, I'm in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. That's another story.

Anyway, the gentleman who originally posted put out some good information especially the vast majority of people here on Zilvia that live in Cali. The part that should be taken with a grain of salt is for the people who are located in other states.

Also to be noted, each insurance company has what they call "filings". These are exceptions or concessions that are agreed between the insurance company and the laws that are governed by the state.

Why am I mentioning this? I don't want people to be disappointed if something they read here doesn't apply to their situation. Insurance is a very dynamic creature. Most times claims have more to do with how nice the adjuster is (this is a bit of an over-statement but close to the point). Be nice to the adjuster, they are on your side (if you go through your insurance company). If you are dealing with someone who hit you, it may be difficult, but BE RESPECTFUL AND COURTEOUS. You shouldn't yell at the kid at Burger King (he's only giving you a whopper) so don't yell at someone who could be giving hundreds or even a few thousand dollars.
carnagexxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 01:47 AM   #79
gtstwincam
Zilvia Member

deleted.
deleted.

Last edited by gtstwincam; 05-12-2010 at 10:35 PM..
Old 10-14-2009, 02:15 AM   #80
hOngsterr
Bandwagon.

hOngsterr is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to hOngsterr
damn interesting,
havent seen this thread in ages.
OCD isn't so bad just means you'll spend more money then most people, but you'll have a quality car not a POS put together with POS parts.
hOngsterr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 02:21 AM   #81
gtstwincam
Zilvia Member

Sticky?

Is this thread a sticky yet?
Old 10-14-2009, 03:11 AM   #82
zenki.life
Nissanaholic!

zenki.life is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to zenki.life
guess not. try to contact one of the admins though

Quote:
Originally Posted by super240s14 View Post
man you all are ass holes...... and that is rude to talk like that on zilvia im reporting all you...... ZILVIA ADMINISTRATION PLEASE BANNED ALL THREE OF THESE DUDES
^^another person learns the perils of "stupid posting" on zilvia, too bad none will care.
zenki.life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 10:36 PM   #83
BLiTz
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
BLiTz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Very good info... I have never fully understood how insurance works and this thread helped a lot.

One thing I will say is that in Florida insurance seems like a joke compared to how you make it sound in Cali, this is my favorite...

Quote:
All vandalism losses are screened and looked at closely. A police report is normally required. If there are any reasons that a claim is questionable- you may be subject to a investigation. And these investigations are no joke. Get your story straight- we will catch you slipping
I know someone in FL who bought a Honda made one payment on it and wrecked it drunk into a fence of some kind and ditched it.
Next day reported it as stolen to insurance and never got ask anything about it.
I have heard of several different stores of people reporting false claims but that is by far the best (and worst most idiotic) example I know of.

I would expect a adjuster to be able to tell the difference in a vehicle that was stolen and wasn't, even after a wreck.

I just hope I never have to deal with that again. My second hatch that was my favorite and the most fun I have ever had got rear-ended and totaled. I got completely screwed from the part out and got around $1500 for the car I believe. So after buying back the car and parting out everything i just had enough to buy my stock S14 which I plan on having forever and not needing to make a claim. I will probably go to jail for beating whoever hits it to death before the cops get there so im gonna need a hefty insurance policy
http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=152217
BLiTz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 10:39 PM   #84
Bigsyke
Zilvia FREAK!

Bigsyke is an unknown quantity at this point
So is this how just 1 insurance company operates? Because Alot of insurance companies base their claims off the KBB, and it states it right in your paperwork. You can get all the exact details on exactly what happens in a specific event in your insurance providers paperwork, when they initially send out the 1st insurance cards.
Bigsyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 10:55 PM   #85
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsyke View Post
So is this how just 1 insurance company operates? Because Alot of insurance companies base their claims off the KBB, and it states it right in your paperwork. You can get all the exact details on exactly what happens in a specific event in your insurance providers paperwork, when they initially send out the 1st insurance cards.
Insurance companies pay claims based on market value in your area - this happens to be what the KBB is supposed to represent, but in our market especially, KBB and 'market value' can be very different.

I think one very important message in this thread is that every insurance company is different, and every state is different - I have had lots of different companies in many different states, and filed a few claims over the years... currently, I have an awesome insurance agent who I work with (PM me for his info, if you want) who can write for about 30 companies in CA (less in other states), and since each of those companies has many different products (read: plans), my options are plentiful.

Right now, I have a policy through Safeco Insurance, where my Datsun 510 is covered as a 'classic car', meaning I can only drive it 5999mi/yr, but it's insured at 'full market value' by an independent appraiser of my choice for pennies. Also cool is that any car insured with this plan (it's their 'VIP' plan or something, only good drivers may apply) is insured for all parts bolted/attached to the car... this means my carbon bodywork, wheels, suspension, seats, audio/etc and some engine parts (nothing illegal is covered, unfortunately) are all insured for no additional cost! With the receipts I have right now, my S14 has ~$11k in full coverage for the same price as I was paying for basic Lia/Comp with no accessory coverage before!

I'm excited by this.

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 11:33 PM   #86
[w]hite[r]abbit[x]
Zilvia Junkie

[w]hite[r]abbit[x] will become famous soon enough[w]hite[r]abbit[x] will become famous soon enough[w]hite[r]abbit[x] will become famous soon enough[w]hite[r]abbit[x] will become famous soon enough
Very good advice. +1
[w]hite[r]abbit[x] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 09:01 AM   #87
gtstwincam
Zilvia Member

deleted.
deleted.

Last edited by gtstwincam; 05-12-2010 at 10:35 PM..
Old 10-15-2009, 11:12 PM   #88
JRex
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
JRex is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Awesome info. Will defiantly keep this thread handy if I ever need it...although hopefully I don't.
JRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 11:31 PM   #89
coww-cho!!!!!
Zilvia FREAK!

coww-cho!!!!! is a jewel in the roughcoww-cho!!!!! is a jewel in the roughcoww-cho!!!!! is a jewel in the roughcoww-cho!!!!! is a jewel in the roughcoww-cho!!!!! is a jewel in the roughcoww-cho!!!!! is a jewel in the roughcoww-cho!!!!! is a jewel in the roughcoww-cho!!!!! is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to coww-cho!!!!!
i already found about this stuff a few years back when i got in an accident in my camry and i was at fault. I did however get my full retail value of it and go the car back but as selfish i was i spent all the money on random shit and now that i need to repair my car for a salvage title i dont have the money laying around =(

but thanks for reminding me! need to sell more stuff to get it running again!
**CoUpe LOve** #3
coww-cho!!!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 01:00 AM   #90
upsdude
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
upsdude is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
i would have taken the $5500 instead of the car, but that's just me. oh and right now i'm in the middle of a hit and run case, the other party at fault...all i can say is-damn you adjusters take forever to pay out when it's your fault lol
upsdude is offline   Reply With Quote