Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 01-20-2010, 05:29 AM   #1
S13 curtis
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (13)
S13 curtis is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickdrifter View Post
i just dont think 740cc injectors would cut it for that much power for e85. just remember you will need approximately 30% more by volume to make the same amount of power as you would if you weree running pump gas. I would go 1000cc injectors and run dual walbro pumps and hardwire them with seperate relays so you dont get voltage drop and run a nice aeromotive FPR. I just believe that you would be running too high of an injector duty cycle to be safe and reliable. Im sure you can make the dyno say 429hp for a few pulls with the setup you would like to run but thats just maxing out everything you got and not even safely, like a ticking time bomb. lol thats just my personal opinion. I also would run E98 instead and buy a custom top mount manifold from me ill cut you an awesome deal for something like a peakboost one that will accomodate that turbo and wastegate configuration, A one off peice constructed by my best friend who builds manifolds for a living. i know the motor itself would be able to handle 400hp as long as you have headstuds and a headgasket its just a matter of how long. Maxxing the setup out like you are tryign to do does not leave any room for error. The slightest lean condition caused by a loose vacuum line and you overboost will DESTROY your motor. I as well want to make about 400whp on a stock motor, if you search for my for sale ad you wil see what i have for a car. 740s as well but with pump gas and i would like to do water methanol injection. i will post dyno results soon. Oh btw, intercooler cores make a HUGE difference. A cheap core versus a nice core will allow you to flow to make mroe power. a buddy of mine was running an ebay core with a nice setup similar to yours and it couldnt hit overe 360hp and when he swapped to a nice kit he made 30rwhp right away. Precision and spearco make great cores as well as most name brand bar and plate style intercoolers. anyways this is just MY OPINION so if you disagree lemme know what you think and why.
My car was on E-85 before, im not just now converting. On my previous set up on 16-17psi when i had an e-manage blue it read in the high 80's on real time, thats why i bought a Aeromotive that i still dont have due to a member on here not replying then finally did about a day ago and still hasnt sent it out after over a week about to go on 2 weeks. i got the adjustable FPR to keep the duty cycle down a bit but i will go on evolutionm forums to scout for injectors, they sell injectors for a good price on there. I almost purchased 1600cc injectors but that might be a little over kill. As for the manifold if i bought a T3 manifold that would defeat the purpose of me buying the .72 ar EWG V44 housing. I'm not sure if they sell E-98 close by, i have to go on the turnpike about 5-10min for fuel.
Before i converted to E-85 i was going to do meth injection. meth injection is good for about 30whp or some more and you can run the boost even higher as it puts the air temp way down.

As of now im waiting on my buddy to do a mock up of the turbo set up so i could supply pics for the members on here that are interested in the fitment of the turbine housing.

My ACT Extreme pressure plate is supposed to come in tomorrow from FRSport then the tranny can go back on.
S13 curtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2010, 06:12 AM   #2
BiG MiKE86
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
BiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BiG MiKE86
Quote:
Originally Posted by S13 curtis View Post
As of now im waiting on my buddy to do a mock up of the turbo set up so i could supply pics for the members on here that are interested in the fitment of the turbine housing.
I would appreciate some pics and measurements to the shock tower if you get a chance. Thanks