Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 05-27-2010, 07:56 AM   #301
DMN

Trader Rating: (0)
DMN is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Driving my friend back to his place after working on an assignment till about 1AM.One stoplight infront of my university a s2000 pulls up next to me with 2 asians w a copious amount of hair-gel. My friend says wtf is this the fast and the furious, as the light turns these kids start revving like retards then, as I wait for them to go since I'm just trying to drop my friend off a block away/don't usually street race at all....they decide to gun it as soon as I start driving, so after about 3 seconds I hit it and pass/pull a large amount of lanes on them and make the turn.( I didnt want them to think there honda was fast or something) I also get reved at and stared down by random hondas randomly though I have a swapped vert so usually I miss alot of the attention since its stock looking besides my FMIC and the drop.
DMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-27-2010, 09:32 AM   #302
steve shadows
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
steve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to steve shadows
Freshalloy.com
Old 05-28-2010, 01:33 AM   #303
510-SR20DET
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (9)
510-SR20DET is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quick question,
How many of you misread this as what'd happen to your 240sx instead of what'd happen to YOU because of your 240sx?
Old 05-28-2010, 05:34 PM   #304
janders211
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
janders211 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve shadows View Post
Freshalloy.com
I hate to agree -but wow that place went to crap quickly.
Old 05-28-2010, 07:18 PM   #305
240Z28
Zilvia Member

240Z28 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by 510-SR20DET View Post
Quick question,
How many of you misread this as what'd happen to your 240sx instead of what'd happen to YOU because of your 240sx?
because of what happens to your 240 it effects everything that u do.. so when ur car overheats and u have to reach into ur engine bay, u get burned as a result of wat happened to ur 240
Old 05-28-2010, 09:27 PM   #306
Paper_Tiger240
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (10)
Paper_Tiger240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
there is a guy that works at a pizza parlor down the street in a DA9 that always revs us up because of the our s13's as he is coming back from a delivery. almost everyday he does it. one day we caught him in the act as we were outside and he looked all scared and "tried" to book it out of there.
Paper_Tiger240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 12:52 AM   #307
Dignity
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (15)
Dignity is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
I keep turning on the window wipers on my dad's truck at night, thinking they're the lights.
Dignity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 02:58 PM   #308
vervius

vervius is an unknown quantity at this point
damn... read some of this (skimmed a good bit)...and almost all were the same. i guess i won't hate on the MPs for keeping the honda/etc in line even though they eye-ball my z all the time. lucky i dont have to put up with the ridiculous crap daily. lol
vervius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 05:23 PM   #309
Gizmo_S13
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
Gizmo_S13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonRockett View Post
If some random kid pulled up to my driveway if he spotted me working on my shit, I would kindly tell him to get back inside his car and get the fuck away from my property.

I hate nosy ass people.

I have plenty of stories that are due to me owning a 240, but nothing that's already been posted.

One of the best memories was when some ricer kid in a Civic pulled up next to me on the freeway late one night. I had just gotten off work, stopped by to fill up my tank, got a big gulp(thirsty as fuck), and wanted to get home to the gf.

He pulls up, starts revving. I think "great, another one...", but instead of ignoring him and going on with my day, I decided to fuck with him.

He had the typical super leaned back seat, tilted hat, left arm @ 12 o'clock, and super fucking annoying exhaust.

I started mocking him. I had a hat in my car. So, I hold onto the steering wheel just like he was, lean my seat back, tilt my hat, and flip him off(cracking up in the process).

He wasn't too happy with this.

Mother fucker threw a burger at my car(barely missing in the process).

He laughs. I wasn't too happy with this.

He drives off into traffic. I think "whatever. typical honda ricer. hope he crashes and burns".

Luckily, the traffic we hit made us slowly pull up next to each other.

I noticed he had his window down. I still had my massive big gulp cup FULL to the top.

Roll my window down, slowly pull up next to him and LAUNCHED that shit into his car.

I'll never forget the expression on his face.

My mom did this on our way back from Mexico. She drives a lifted excursion and some lady in a F-150 was fucking with her and she says in spanglish "Oh yeah Puta!" and she rolls down the window and throws 2 large jack in the box cups at her and we just start busting up. Long story short the lady starts yelling I'm gonna call the cops and my mom flips her off. Good times.

Hachiroku, ATTACK! ATTACK! ATTACK!!!
Gizmo_S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 05:54 PM   #310
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Since owning an S14 I have gotten a lot of stares from strange people. I got a random offer to buy my car.

My buddy and me both have cobalt green S14's so we get a lot of weird comments from people when we drive the cars.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 01:30 AM   #311
Dax
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
Dax will become famous soon enoughDax will become famous soon enoughDax will become famous soon enoughDax will become famous soon enoughDax will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
When I owned my S14 I went to get dinner with my then gf. Night is going pretty good and as were leaving I'm in front of the restaurant and I push the clutch and it doesn't want to come back up. I'm thinking "oh shit this is great" As I'm sitting there pondering the lady in her SUV behind me is just laying it to her horn and yelling at me to get the hell out of the way. I wave her on and she drives past with her hands in the air. Needless to say that night ended up blowing more then my gf.

Another time when I had my S13 I was filling up gas and two Officers come up to me and start talking to me about the car (they actually knew quite a bit about it). One asks me if I'm selling it and I tell him 8k and his partner is like "that's a fucking rip off." I just started laughing to signal that I was fucking with him. Tells me to open the hood and I'm like "why?" He responds with "Don't worry this isn't Cali, we don't give a fuck." We talk for a little bit, they leave as I do going the opposite direction. About 10 minutes later I see a cop car behind me and it's the same cop and the driver yells over to me "GET ON IT I WANT TO HEAR IT" I obliged and down shifted and floor it, I slow down to let him catch up and he yells over "THAT THING IS FUCKING SICK! HAVE A GOOD NIGHT." Then he pulls over some random guy. Lol
Dax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 01:50 AM   #312
Nezahualcoyotl
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
Nezahualcoyotl is making his/her stupidity well-knownNezahualcoyotl is making his/her stupidity well-knownNezahualcoyotl is making his/her stupidity well-knownNezahualcoyotl is making his/her stupidity well-knownNezahualcoyotl is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
^ wtf!!!..........
Nezahualcoyotl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 02:16 AM   #313
Zenki_Kouki.5
Zilvia Member

Zenki_Kouki.5 is an unknown quantity at this point
HAHA
LAst night i was cruising around forth gear
This 4 door Integra DA
started revving at me
I didnt mind then he passed me,.
Then we met at a stop light he revved again so i revved.
He took off i was just cruising Sounded like he was stretching 5th gear i passed him and i MAde him hear my BOV and started to slow down
Fucken Hate those ricey shits!
Zenki_Kouki.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 01:20 AM   #314
Sumslapper
Zilvia FREAK!

Sumslapper is an unknown quantity at this point
Jackasses trying to race me while Im parking lot pimpin high school girls
Sumslapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 01:36 AM   #315
Seven3Lee

Seven3Lee is an unknown quantity at this point
So I'm in the Evo picking up some friends from their hotel and this kid is sitting on a bench just outside the door. I pull up to the curb and as I'm getting out, this kid jumps up, runs over to the car and puts his hands over his face like the kid from Home Alone and yells, "OH MY GOD!" I imitate him and yell, "OH MY GOD WHAT?" he looks at me and says, "This is my favorite car EVER from Need For Speed Underground 2!"

I was driving in my 240 and as I passed In N Out burger, I saw some friends of mine out in the parking lot. I had the top down, so I honked the horn and waved. When I brought my hand up to wave, I accidentally hit my garage door remote that was clipped to the visor. I frantically jumped in the turning lane and flipped a bitch to go park so I could get it. I parked, then dodged traffic looking for it for like 10 minutes, to no avail. I walk back to the car and as I am getting in, I noticed that the remote had landed safely in the backseat...
Seven3Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 02:33 AM   #316
E-Warrior
BANNED

E-Warrior is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonRockett View Post
If some random kid pulled up to my driveway if he spotted me working on my shit, I would kindly tell him to get back inside his car and get the fuck away from my property.

I hate nosy ass people.

I have plenty of stories that are due to me owning a 240, but nothing that's already been posted.

One of the best memories was when some ricer kid in a Civic pulled up next to me on the freeway late one night. I had just gotten off work, stopped by to fill up my tank, got a big gulp(thirsty as fuck), and wanted to get home to the gf.

He pulls up, starts revving. I think "great, another one...", but instead of ignoring him and going on with my day, I decided to fuck with him.

He had the typical super leaned back seat, tilted hat, left arm @ 12 o'clock, and super fucking annoying exhaust.

I started mocking him. I had a hat in my car. So, I hold onto the steering wheel just like he was, lean my seat back, tilt my hat, and flip him off(cracking up in the process).

He wasn't too happy with this.

Mother fucker threw a burger at my car(barely missing in the process).

He laughs. I wasn't too happy with this.

He drives off into traffic. I think "whatever. typical honda ricer. hope he crashes and burns".

Luckily, the traffic we hit made us slowly pull up next to each other.

I noticed he had his window down. I still had my massive big gulp cup FULL to the top.

Roll my window down, slowly pull up next to him and LAUNCHED that shit into his car.

I'll never forget the expression on his face.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

I had a similiar (not quite but we will get to that) experience last year in my 14.

I had a buddy riding shotgun and we just left a Shell, he got one of the big ass drinks like the big gulp.

So were cruising down a 1-way 2-lane road @45mph when this god awful lime green integra does an out of left field fly by, slams his brakes for us to catch up and then starts revving the piss out of his shit while were going down this road in broad daylight.

Me and my buddy just have this face on, his slowly turns into this then he gets an idea.

He tells me to get a few feet infront of him. I just say "WTF are you gonna do joey" He tells me just to do it. He rolls down the window and I get the hint.

So I wait till the ricer brakes and then i give it gas, buddy throws his half full cup out the window and the mother fucker lands right in the middle of my windshield!!!!!!

Doesnt bust open! Just chills, rocking back and forth dead center. I almost wrecked from laughing so hard. IDK how the hell it stayed on my windshield. I guess going 50mph is enough to suction cup it to the glass lmao.

It was amazing. I didnt want to stop driving. I wanted it to stay on there all day. And yes......he tried to do it again.
E-Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 12:00 PM   #317
namawon
Zilvia Member

namawon is an unknown quantity at this point
Wow these stories are frekin hilarious. This isnt funny, Its just interesting to me.
Ive only owned my s13 for a few days now and I thought "eh, its stock people arent gonna do anything" but sure enough I pull into autozone to get some oil. Of course stupid me, I pull in next to this rusted out 80's mustang with the huge wing and loud exhaust. I pull up, look over and he just revs the crap out of that mustang. I just said in my head "really?! I just got this car!"
namawon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 01:43 PM   #318
RPS13fan

RPS13fan is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumslapper View Post
Jackasses trying to race me while Im parking lot pimpin high school girls
I'm Chris Hansen from Dateline NBC, why don't you have a seat right there.
RPS13fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 01:48 PM   #319
RPS13fan

RPS13fan is an unknown quantity at this point
One time I'm walking to my car, and while I'm opening the door a biker with a thick European accent yells out, "silvia DRRIFT YEAHHH". I was like O_o
RPS13fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 05:20 PM   #320
unlegendary
Zilvia Addict

unlegendary is a well-known jackass
instead of studying, i'm on zilvia.
Old 06-13-2010, 06:57 PM   #321
seRu13
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (4)
seRu13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I had to take my S14 to the emissions station (for the 3rd time) and i was sitting in line when it started to heat up. so i turn it off and wait for my turn, when i try and turn it back on the battery was all of a sudden dead. so i had to get the emissions guys to help me push it in to the parking lot and wait for my wife to come get me :/

and to add to it when i came back with a new battery and ran it, it failed again
seRu13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 10:28 AM   #322
treken2t87
Zilvia Junkie

treken2t87 is a glorious beacon of lighttreken2t87 is a glorious beacon of lighttreken2t87 is a glorious beacon of lighttreken2t87 is a glorious beacon of lighttreken2t87 is a glorious beacon of lighttreken2t87 is a glorious beacon of lighttreken2t87 is a glorious beacon of lighttreken2t87 is a glorious beacon of lighttreken2t87 is a glorious beacon of lighttreken2t87 is a glorious beacon of lighttreken2t87 is a glorious beacon of light
Last thursday, after I picked my buddy up from work to give him a ride home, I got cut off by somebody who was parked in the right lane (2 lane each way road). Not only did they cut me off, they turned left almost directly after merging in front of me, so I honked my horn. As I'm going around that same car, I am being pulled over. Got 2 tickets: (1) for misuse of horn and (1) for following too closely.

Not even a week later, a buddy and I were working on the car with the front wheels on ramps (car parked in street). It began to thunderstorm so we called it off until tomorrow to finish the rest. Well now it's tomorrow and I went out to find an abandoned vehicle citation on my car with 72 hour notice to move. Find out it was called in by a neighbor.

All this stupid shit because of this car is getting ANNOYING. Right as it's all starting to come together too. F****** haters.
Old 06-14-2010, 11:40 AM   #323
Zachsta
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
Zachsta is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
The first time I ever had the urge to rattle can my car. ( Only some of the 240 community. ) and holy FUCK I regret this.

Oh, and some guy in a white Saturn sedan, with the required fart can muffler, revs at me and does fly by's anytime he see's me. Fuck my blast pipes being loud.

Yesterday, my friends and I were at my house, ( there being 2 Miatas, a Civic, and 2 S14's out front ) The guy in the Saturn ( probably mid 30's. ), starts driving by and slowing down, staring, and hitting the rev limiter in front of us, SICK.
Zachsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 12:00 PM   #324
Flatline1121
Zilvia Member

Flatline1121 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by fliprayzin240sx View Post
Stick a potato in his exhaust since you know where he lives.

Honestly, fucking kids in California thinks that revving at you means "Hi" Fucking morons. I've had my fair share of Evos, STIs and SRT-4s...

PS: I FUCKING HATE SRT-4 owners. Almost every single one of them are ex slow ass honda accord owners that think their SRT-4s are fast as shit. I had one egg me on for 4 stop signs at 3 in the morning, just revving at me then taking off and then waiting for me. I fucking lit him up on the freeway just to make a point.
sorry, a little off topic, but i currently drive an accord daily and know a couple of people who fit the "slow accord to SRT-4" scenario.... dead on really.

besides my accord being anything but slow.
Flatline1121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 12:21 PM   #325
94spitfire91
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (15)
94spitfire91 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Yy 240 doesnt work, i dont drive it, but speaking of mustang weirdos i was test driving an 2nd generation rx-7 before i bought my s13. Ha at a red light he pulled up slammed on the brakes skidded forward a bit and backed up as the light turned green i casually drove away hahaha
94spitfire91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 01:06 PM   #326
MitchellBade
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (8)
MitchellBade is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
The first time I ever took my vert out to the drag strip I parked by other 240's. At the time all the exterior had was a Silvia front end and no badges. So some kids who look like they just got their first car came up to me while I am chillin with my friends say, "what kind of car is this?" I politely say, "Nissan 240." They kept trying to tell me it wasn't and there aren't such things as convertibles and they all have pop up head lights. I just turned around and laughed and walked away.
Old 06-24-2010, 03:27 PM   #327
pancakes562
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (20)
pancakes562 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
i got my S14 about4 months ago and some guys on the block down the street from me drives hondas and AE86's and they drive down my street like its a race track or something. i hate it. plus my little cousins and nephews play outside when they do this. i dont want them getting hit. pffft.
Old 06-24-2010, 04:20 PM   #328
AeroDesigns
Zilvia Junkie

AeroDesigns is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to AeroDesigns
Bought a S13 earlier this year and parked it outside my shop.. went out to lunch for 30min and when i came back, next thing i see is my 240 on the back of a flat bed!!

An officer was there and he told me my car looked abandoned and tags was overdue... WTF is their deal with whats parked on my parking lot!! And all this was because they next door complexes complained... i give them shit every time i see them
AeroDesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 07:29 PM   #329
s14_rebirth

s14_rebirth is an unknown quantity at this point
H.O.A. citations...FML
s14_rebirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 08:34 PM   #330
Mangudai
Zilvia Addict

Mangudai is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weedm View Post
Do people really drive by at night and rev in the neighborhood just because they spot another car? hahaha..

There's a stock accord that always speeds by my house, if im outside when he speeds by he puts him window down and mugs me its ridiculous.