Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Motorsports and Skilled Driving

Motorsports and Skilled Driving Discussion for Organized Racing and motorsports and tips and techniques at becoming a better driver.

Old 08-06-2010, 08:26 AM   #211
FullRaceGeoff
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
FullRaceGeoff is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
yeah our webguy is seriously slacking. he has to get a boot in the ass for taking this long... my apologies. i promise you we have worked wayyy too hard on this conversion kit to abandon it! Also seeing how cheap some gtr clips have been going for lately really makes doing a build like this that much more attainable
FullRaceGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-06-2010, 09:56 AM   #212
niteridaz503
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
niteridaz503 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Glad to see you guys still moving forward with the kits & GL with the sales process seems like you have alot of people interested man.
niteridaz503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 01:26 PM   #213
FullRaceGeoff
Leaky Injector

thanks, the hardest part was redesigning the welded-on components so that an end user could install easily. The frame rails, trans mt and double wishbone conversion used to be built one-by-one on the car. Now, the end user cleans the surface (preps for MIG welding) bolts in those items, and then lays some beads down. a LOT less work this way
Old 09-17-2010, 06:49 PM   #214
zxc4
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (8)
zxc4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlydrinkkoolaid View Post
please hurry with the site I have been on and off the page looking for updates since December 2007 when that Modified Mag issue came out and yes I still read that article from time to time. I thought you guys completed abandoned the R14 so i was left dreaming and quoting STAR TREK "to boldly go where no man has gone before."
I have also been watching and waiting patiently. I think there are plenty of other lurkers keeping an eye on this as well.
zxc4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 04:30 AM   #215
nachos14
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
nachos14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
nice build. saw this car at sema show years ago. even have a poster up in my shop. good work guys
Old 09-25-2010, 01:41 AM   #216
tinys s14
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
tinys s14 is making his/her stupidity well-knowntinys s14 is making his/her stupidity well-knowntinys s14 is making his/her stupidity well-knowntinys s14 is making his/her stupidity well-knowntinys s14 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
wow sickest s14 EVERRR.
Old 09-25-2010, 02:10 AM   #217
ETHANOLED SR
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (33)
ETHANOLED SR is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
This car is amazing in every way!!! The Full Race team has got R&D in the box and on top of everyone else. Great car, great products, and great car enthusiasts!!! Subscribed! Why didn't I see this thread before?
ETHANOLED SR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 07:08 PM   #218
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
fckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
absolutely amazing read...all 8 pages. Amazing video...great way to end it with the smoke coming in the cabin....it's amazing to see the fire come through the (shift boot)something while you were looking out the door....and then you opened the door..and fire everywhere...amazing.

great build...absolutely amazing....my mouth has been catching fly's for 45 minutes.
fckillerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 09:48 PM   #219
daviddwilson

daviddwilson is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by jspaeth View Post
This thing is gonna be retarded!!!!!!!!!!

350 ft-lbs+ of torque from 4500-8000 in a 4 wheel drive 2700 lb car.

This should be insane, I wish I could watch in person.
WOW, ridiculous! Looks pretty perfect

Could you elaborate on how you control the torque split manually? You just regulate oil pressure to the transfer case or somethin?

Good luck in the time attack. Looks like the competition is pretty tough but i'm rooting for ya!
Old 10-27-2010, 07:42 PM   #220
FullRaceGeoff
Leaky Injector

hey guys - sorry there havent been any updates. We've been absolutely SWAMPED with r&d work since the new BorgWarner EFR turbos have been in development. Its taken away all of my free time that I could normally spend on my R14, but worth every minute. if you have a spare minute check out some of the turbo technology here:

BorgWarner EFR Turbos | Full-Race.com

This week we head to SEMA in Las Vegas and as soon as we get back ill be back on the R14 website and how-to writeup. And then the R14 will be back on the track with the EFR 8374 turbo
Old 10-27-2010, 10:19 PM   #221
irritatedmax
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (20)
irritatedmax will become famous soon enoughirritatedmax will become famous soon enoughirritatedmax will become famous soon enoughirritatedmax will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
I just read through the entire EFR page. Holy cow. That looks awesome. Any chance you have a 1JZ-GTE (VVTi version) manifold in the works? Haha. This would be an awesome DD/weekend drifter setup!

Can't wait to hear more.
Old 10-28-2010, 07:38 AM   #222
turbo2nr
Post Whore!

turbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to turbo2nr
wow intresting turbo ! finally time some one re-invented the wheel, lots of cool features lots of technology in this.

so whats the price point looking like, when is it available to the public?

im assuming if it fits on a sr20 w/ twin scroll mai, it should also fit on a ka-t?

really looking forward to see dyno comp. on this!

s14 kouki ka-t
turbo2nr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 08:41 PM   #223
Godchsr
Zilvia Member

Godchsr is an unknown quantity at this point
Very sweet read!

You're in Phoenix right? You fill up your cars at QuikTrip right? lol
Godchsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 02:36 PM   #224
josephin510
Zilvia Junkie

josephin510 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by redline racer510 View Post
Hey Geoff got a job for me. Working at Mercedes Benz is starting to bore me and I know recession is a B!+ch but damn I would rather be a part of that.
Hamz is this u? If so hurry in finish RB SWAP
Old 11-05-2010, 07:13 PM   #225
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Stoked to see the new EFR turbo on the dyno and the track! Let us know when you get the pricing finished on those R14 kits.

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.

Last edited by PoorMans180SX; 11-05-2010 at 11:11 PM..
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 08:31 PM   #226
bigturbo3
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
bigturbo3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
thats totally sick
bigturbo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 10:35 PM   #227
pallnet
Leaky Injector

pallnet is making his/her stupidity well-knownpallnet is making his/her stupidity well-knownpallnet is making his/her stupidity well-knownpallnet is making his/her stupidity well-knownpallnet is making his/her stupidity well-known
Good looking car and much respect for the build. Very nice/clean work.
pallnet
Old 11-05-2010, 11:32 PM   #228
crunkride
Zilvia Member

crunkride is an unknown quantity at this point
unreal - a wolf in sheep's clothing.
crunkride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 04:06 PM   #229
FullRaceGeoff
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo2nr View Post
wow intresting turbo ! finally time some one re-invented the wheel, lots of cool features lots of technology in this. so whats the price point looking like, when is it available to the public? im assuming if it fits on a sr20 w/ twin scroll mai, it should also fit on a ka-t?
glad to hear you guys are excited! The amount of attention and interest that we saw at SEMA was unreal. A lot of people are really excited for the new turbo tech that BorgWarner is bringing to the table. there is a great video on the EFR background if you are bored:

YouTube - EFR Turbo Series from BorgWarner Turbo Systems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godchsr View Post
Very sweet read! You're in Phoenix right? You fill up your cars at QuikTrip right? lol
LOL, Ive gone to the quiktrip on university often since its right around the corner from Full-Race. Recently we got an E85 station on our street 1 block away from the shop, we I have only been taking the beaters for regular gasoline. all the turbo cars here have been switching over to E85

Quote:
Originally Posted by irritatedmax View Post
I just read through the entire EFR page. Holy cow. That looks awesome. Any chance you have a 1JZ-GTE (VVTi version) manifold in the works? Haha. This would be an awesome DD/weekend drifter setup! Can't wait to hear more.
we rarely get requests for the 1JZ manifolds/turbokits but if you are serious and we can get a few more people we can do it. Typically we will require an initial order of (10) manifolds. The EFR turbos really have a huge benefit becuase they make the manifolds much less expensive. The Wastegate ports are actually the most time consuming and labor intensive part of the manifold fabrication

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMans180SX View Post
Stoked to see the new EFR turbo on the dyno and the track! Let us know when you get the pricing finished on those R14 kits.
We are finally finishing up the details on the R14 conversions, and it looks like pricing will be $4800. That includes everything needed for the swap except your S14 and the donor GTR clip
Old 11-22-2010, 04:17 PM   #230
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by FullRaceGeoff View Post

We are finally finishing up the details on the R14 conversions, and it looks like pricing will be $4800. That includes everything needed for the swap except your S14 and the donor GTR clip
Wow, this is a lot cheaper than I was expecting. Nice job!

Waiting for EFR dyno...

Old 11-23-2010, 05:40 AM   #231
ross.cottrill
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
ross.cottrill has a brilliant futureross.cottrill has a brilliant futureross.cottrill has a brilliant futureross.cottrill has a brilliant futureross.cottrill has a brilliant futureross.cottrill has a brilliant futureross.cottrill has a brilliant futureross.cottrill has a brilliant futureross.cottrill has a brilliant futureross.cottrill has a brilliant futureross.cottrill has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
^^^^^^x2 on efr dyno please!!!

" NEO VVL BABY FTMFW!"

Originally Posted by shagspeed
Dude if I made 500WHP on a 54C SR20DET back in 1999-2000 with old school technology .. This VET will T-BAG your RB engines
ross.cottrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 07:14 AM   #232
nathanong87
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
nathanong87 is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
incredible....
Old 12-22-2010, 08:27 AM   #233
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Any dyno time yet?

Old 01-22-2011, 02:13 PM   #234
howyfeltersnatch
Leaky Injector

howyfeltersnatch is an unknown quantity at this point
so whats the car been up to since?
Old 02-02-2011, 09:26 PM   #235
FullRaceGeoff
Leaky Injector

the car is undergoing surgery... again. Currently she is getting a carbonetic rear LSD, sunroof is going away, Kognition rear wing will be installed, and a diet all the way around. Id like to pull 200 lbs out, so there is a lot of work to do!

the big fun is the EFR 8374 w/ 42mm dual internal wastegate by removing the 2 wastegates, dumptubes and WG ports, that was a big chunk of weight and complexity just disappeared
Old 02-03-2011, 07:56 AM   #236
turbo2nr
Post Whore!

turbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enough
dual internal wastegate you say?? 0_o

must explain with pictures please! just curious to how the turbine housing will look.

s14 kouki ka-t
Old 02-03-2011, 08:36 AM   #237
Sleepy_Steve
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (9)
Sleepy_Steve is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
What kinda weight numbers are you trying to get down to with it? 2400lbs wet and ready to race?
Old 02-04-2011, 12:45 PM   #238
FullRaceGeoff
Leaky Injector

The car we had in the BorgWarner SEMA booth was a Full-Race equipped R34 GTR w/ EFR 8374 .92 a/r twinscroll and 42mm dual internal wastegate. The car is running well on 91 octane right now and the owner is absolutely blown away by the powerband. This is his 3rd R34 GTR, all have been extremely modified - and he said none of them have been anything like this. some photos from: http://autoholics.com/2010/11/05/Bor...o-Power-305516

^^^^^the header is of course a Full-Race twinscroll, but without wastegate ports saves $400

and video (it sounds amazing):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8JMwiwams8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THOPY9uXrv0

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo2nr View Post
dual internal wastegate you say?? 0_o must explain with pictures please! just curious to how the turbine housing will look.
here are some photos to explain:

this gate works really well - and saves a lot of $$ -- (2) wastegates, (2) 1.5" dumptubes, (4) stainless flanges, (4) vband clamps and a shit load of work/weight/complexity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy_Steve View Post
What kinda weight numbers are you trying to get down to with it? 2400lbs wet and ready to race?
to be honest, the RB engines and driveline are sooo heavy compared to the typical SR setups, i think i can get my street car down to 2900 (power windows, radio/speakers, etc). I am slowly working on my racecar to reach 2500, but it wont be ready for a track until 2012. need to get the street car where im content with it before i can focus 100% on the race car
Old 02-04-2011, 02:14 PM   #239
turbo2nr
Post Whore!

hmm very interesting.. so all this dual wastegate design will work just as well as two 38/44 mm wastegates??

curious what about lower boost pressure say 10-14psi.. is its stil as efficient??

so the way it works is that it expell's exhaust gasses from both ends of the twinsrcoll?

or is it two ports one for each scroll?

s14 kouki ka-t
Old 02-04-2011, 04:08 PM   #240
FullRaceGeoff
Leaky Injector

On a twinscroll setup you really dont want mixing between cylinders, thats how twinscroll spools so fast; there is less header volume and no negative interactions between exhaust events.

The way the EFR internal wastegate works is one port for each scroll -- the object is to keep the flow paths completely divided for maximum efficiency. It works well at all boost levels, 10psi to 30psi