Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA > South Eastern States

South Eastern States Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee.

Old 07-08-2010, 08:32 PM   #1
zinnythecoupe

Trader Rating: (0)
zinnythecoupe is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question Looking for legit racing in Charlotte NC.

I am looking for some legit racing to do in Charlotte NC that you aren't required to have a roll cage and all the expensive stuff that I can't afford.
If anyone has any information let me know.
Thanks guys
zinnythecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-2010, 01:26 AM   #2
Innovative
Leaky Injector

Innovative is an unknown quantity at this point
come to chicago son!
Innovative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 04:02 AM   #3
WhiteGLX
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
WhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to WhiteGLX Send a message via Yahoo to WhiteGLX
the only thing that will ever fit that description is auto-x which isnt even real racing. No one in their right mind would go roadracing wheel to wheel with other rookie drivers and not want safety.

***NASA HPDE Instructor***
WhiteGLX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 04:44 AM   #4
Hashiriya415
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (22)
Hashiriya415 will become famous soon enoughHashiriya415 will become famous soon enoughHashiriya415 will become famous soon enoughHashiriya415 will become famous soon enoughHashiriya415 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Find a local mountain and go there every night and drive hard. You will find people coming out there and driving hard too, you just gotta keep driving all night.
Hashiriya415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 09:47 AM   #5
theboy
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
theboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Certain road courses offer classes like that for beginner drivers. Basically a run what you brung open class. All it has to do is pass inspection for lugs being tight, tires have tread and arent showing chords, seat belts working, helmet, lights are masked or removed, the key shuts teh car off everytime and starts it every time, water instead of coolant, and that the car isnt leaking anything. They usually dont run the class on normal race days. Usually a week day thing. Just look around at tracks near you and see what they offer. I think theres an open class at the Charlotte motor speedway for you. But check out your surrounding area, cause your in NASCAR country, so there has to be something for you there.
theboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 05:28 PM   #6
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Innovative View Post
come to chicago son!
Inaccurate answer, please cease speaking until spoken to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteGLX View Post
the only thing that will ever fit that description is auto-x which isnt even real racing. No one in their right mind would go roadracing wheel to wheel with other rookie drivers and not want safety.
Close to on-topic, but also inaccurate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hashiriya415 View Post
Find a local mountain and go there every night and drive hard. You will find people coming out there and driving hard too, you just gotta keep driving all night.
From where he is, the closest "local mountain" is 6+ hours, not to mention what you suggest is FUCKING ILLEGAL.
You are also invited to cease speaking until spoken to.

If the OP would search more effectively, he might be able to find better track action than suggested by the nobody-in-particular respondents from above, even right there in Charlotte.

And I write too!
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 07:09 PM   #7
zinnythecoupe

Thanks PHLIP.
Old 09-17-2010, 11:39 AM   #8
fastbackinit

Trader Rating: (1)
fastbackinit is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Gotta love phlip haha... Anyway checkout streetwise drift, the have a few events in charlotte but mostly pro-am.... Idk if they have runwatubrung classes but ts worth a shot... Tomorro is last comp of the year I think
Nick
Old 10-24-2010, 04:25 PM   #9
ridesdirt

ridesdirt is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHLIP View Post
From where he is, the closest "local mountain" is 6+ hours, not to mention what you suggest is FUCKING ILLEGAL.
You are also invited to cease speaking until spoken to.
phlip, you obviously have a respected spot on this forum, but Charlotte is only about an hour and a half from some of the best mountain driving in the country.

Check out the "Tail Of The Dragon" / Deals Gap. There is actually a website dedicated to this section of US Hwy 129. There is something like 318 turns in 11 miles with over 1,000 of elevation change. In the summer months the crotch rocket guys actually sweep the turns!

I do agree with you, driving over the speed limit is illegal. And this place is no race track. But it is beautiful country and a fantastic area to take drive. I am in the market for a S chassis or possibly a Skyline. I will certainly take it to Deals Gap. You are welcome to come along for the ride...

And to the OP, I recommend not doing any racing without proper safety equipment. If you can't afford to race safely, don't do it, you will become a statistic.
ridesdirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 06:06 PM   #10
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridesdirt View Post
phlip, you obviously have a respected spot on this forum, but Charlotte is only about an hour and a half from some of the best mountain driving in the country.

Check out the "Tail Of The Dragon" / Deals Gap. There is actually a website dedicated to this section of US Hwy 129. There is something like 318 turns in 11 miles with over 1,000 of elevation change. In the summer months the crotch rocket guys actually sweep the turns!
I would STRONGLY suggest you provide a link or a start/end address before making such statements.
6 hours might be a stretch, but if Charlotte is 1.5 hours from me and Deal's Gap is 3.5+, then it is still damned ridiculous unless you, in all that you know from your 31 years living in NC, have something I have not been bothered to know from mine.

And I write too!
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 07:25 PM   #11
ridesdirt

ridesdirt is an unknown quantity at this point
dealsgap.com, Deals Gap, NC information. The Dragon, US129, Great Smoky Mountains. The Dragon at Deals Gap.
Tail of the Dragon at Deals Gap and Cherohala Skyway, Graham Co, NC

a couple links to Deals Gap info, check it out, very cool section of highway.

I think Deals Gap is about 3.5 hours from Charlotte. But there is a section of highway just north of Morganton on Hwy 181 that is about 1.5 hours from Charlotte, I call it the mountains. And the BR Prkwy is a pretty sweet drive also, about 2 hours from Chltt.

To the OP, I think there have been some drifting events at Metrolina Expo, here is link; StreetWise Drift I have never been, but might check this one out.
ridesdirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 08:19 AM   #12
zinnythecoupe

Thanks man. The street wise drift stuff is governed by a sanctioning body which means you are required to have all of the roll cage, suit helmet, etc. Thanks anyways man.
Old 11-30-2010, 04:07 AM   #13
Pank
Post Whore!

Pank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfection
I just came back from a SWD event, and people there were def not suited up, and there were several cars without cages (at least it looked like it).
Driving deals gap is fun, just be safe and watch out for bikes

zenki s14---v8 fc rx7
my crappy flickr page (drift cars whoo)
Pank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 03:19 AM   #14
medicwhite

medicwhite is an unknown quantity at this point
Go to streetwisedrift.com Based in charlotte
medicwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 10:16 AM   #15
WhiteGLX
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
WhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to WhiteGLX Send a message via Yahoo to WhiteGLX
Why not just go to CMP (Carolina Motorsports Park) and do an HPDE track day type weekend and learn how to drive fast?

there are several sanctioning bodies that provide these fun and fast learning environments at every race track.

***NASA HPDE Instructor***
WhiteGLX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 10:03 AM   #16
Sean1978
Zilvia Member

Sean1978 is a glorious beacon of lightSean1978 is a glorious beacon of lightSean1978 is a glorious beacon of lightSean1978 is a glorious beacon of lightSean1978 is a glorious beacon of lightSean1978 is a glorious beacon of lightSean1978 is a glorious beacon of lightSean1978 is a glorious beacon of lightSean1978 is a glorious beacon of lightSean1978 is a glorious beacon of lightSean1978 is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Sean1978
I was the DJ at streetwise for the entire first season. They had a class that had basically the same requirements as an autocross (a helmet and a car that is properly maintained). I have not been in a while but you probably only need a cage for the Pro-Am stuff. They were having events like once or twice a month.
Old 12-30-2010, 10:31 PM   #17
scoob

scoob is an unknown quantity at this point
how big is the 240 scene there in charleston? i may be moving to goose creek sometime in the near future, but i don't want to get out of the car scene, you know? the last several times i've been there, i've only seen 2 240s.... 1 saw 1 driving by rendezvous restaraunt and 1 in a neighborhood...
scoob is offline   Reply With Quote