Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat > LOUD NOISES

LOUD NOISES A place for political mudslinging, Pro/Anti legalization, gay marriage debate, Gun control rants, etc. If it's political, controversial, or hotly debated, it goes here. No regular Off-Topic stuff allowed. READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!

Old 01-08-2011, 02:11 PM   #1
BustedS13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
sensationalist political bullshit

i'm not saying Sarah Palin's stupid asshole website is why a democrat was murdered today. i am saying, however, that this shit is in really bad taste, and would have been even if there hadn't been a shooting.

there are a million other examples of conservatives jerking off their guns. and i'm not saying guns are bad, i'm a liberal and love guns. this isn't about guns. i don't know. i'm really pissed off at the way politics are handled in this country right now. i guess that's the point.
Old 01-08-2011, 08:20 PM   #2
blownmotor
Zilvia Junkie

blownmotor is on the path to ruinblownmotor is on the path to ruin
Someone messed with the wrong type of republican.
blownmotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 08:59 PM   #3
upsdude
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
upsdude is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
if the guy was crazy enough really, REALLY wanted to hurt people he would have done it regardless of what gun laws exist. i think it's unfortunate what happened today, and it's going to be more ammunition (pun intended) for the "see i this is why we have to outlaw all guns" crowd.

and how is the site in bad taste? did she make it after the shooting? looks like the announcement was made last year anyways. people are too damn sensitive these days-oh no the site is using crosshairs!-well it fits with the gun theme that's all.
upsdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 09:09 PM   #4
ESmorz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
ESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ESmorz
You remember that scene in Dead Alive?

The one with the lawnmower?
Old 01-08-2011, 09:32 PM   #5
upsdude
Post Whore!

god that movie sounds so familiar...is that the one where a doctor injects people with some glowing goo to bring them back from the dead? oh nevermind that was "the reanimator"
Old 01-08-2011, 09:53 PM   #6
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BustedS13 View Post
i'm really pissed off at the way politics are handled in this country right now. i guess that's the point.
Yeah, like how people get elected promising hope and change and all they do is bring fear and debt into office!! and also how they make grand promises like shutting down Gitmo by the end of January 2010 and having trials for its prisons in civilian court and it never happens!!1

Yeah!!
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 12:23 AM   #7
upsdude
Post Whore!

i kinda don't feel bad for her...only because these ppl should remember they're not as untouchable as they think they are. it's about time politicians fear the people.
Old 01-09-2011, 01:11 AM   #8
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by upsdude View Post
i kinda don't feel bad for her...only because these ppl should remember they're not as untouchable as they think they are. it's about time politicians fear the people.
Wow, that is truly ignorant. One of the great freedoms we have is access to our representatives. Having them be in fear of their constituents limits our access to them.
Old 01-09-2011, 01:18 AM   #9
BustedS13
Post Whore!

BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Yeah, like how people get elected promising hope and change and all they do is bring fear and debt into office!! and also how they make grand promises like shutting down Gitmo by the end of January 2010 and having trials for its prisons in civilian court and it never happens!!1

Yeah!!
we get it, you lean right. you should bring that up in every political thread. oh, you do? awesome.

Quote:
people died today, you heartless sack of shit.
Old 01-09-2011, 01:44 AM   #10
upsdude
Post Whore!

hey you posted in loud noises...if you don't want to hear other people's opinions don't post. people die every day what's your point?
Old 01-09-2011, 01:49 AM   #11
BustedS13
Post Whore!

Quote:
hey you posted in loud noises...if you don't want to hear other people's opinions don't post. people die every day what's your point?
no no, you're right, murder is the answer. good call on this one, high five bro
Old 01-09-2011, 02:43 AM   #12
gearhead55
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
gearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
wow there are some seriously ignorant people on here.

you people are defending the use of crosshairs under the headline "We've diagnosed the problem, help us prescribe the solution."???

Quote:
are you fucking kidding me? Why should anybody fear getting killed because they hold public office? Democracy is about open debate, not using violence in order to secure your power and ideology. Utilizing violence to obtain a political goal is the way that totalitarian fascist governments function, not the way the United States is supposed to function. Read a fucking book for christ's sake, start with George Orwell's Homage to Catalonia and Mussolini's La dottrina del fascismo...

People talk about how we need to get back to the constitution and then say things like "it's about time politicians fear the people" in the next breath.

Sensationalist news media (Fox news being BY FAAAAR the worst, though others are not far behind) only serve to create and widen the divisions that exist in our society. Any student of modern history can tell you that the American left and the American right are extremely similar in terms of political ideology, but the fact that there are only two viable parties on serves to further entrench each side and stagnate political debate. The founding fathers said specifically that our system of government must not be allowed to fall into a two party system or it will not function efficiently.
gearhead55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 03:08 AM   #13
Gaijin Smash Wayhoff
Leaky Injector

Gaijin Smash Wayhoff is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead55 View Post

are you fucking kidding me? Why should anybody fear getting killed because they hold public office? Democracy is about open debate, not using violence in order to secure your power and ideology. Utilizing violence to obtain a political goal is the way that totalitarian fascist governments function, not the way the United States is supposed to function. Read a fucking book for christ's sake, start with George Orwell's Homage to Catalonia and Mussolini's La dottrina del fascismo...

People talk about how we need to get back to the constitution and then say things like "it's about time politicians fear the people" in the next breath.

Sensationalist news media (Fox news being BY FAAAAR the worst, though others are not far behind) only serve to create and widen the divisions that exist in our society. Any student of modern history can tell you that the American left and the American right are extremely similar in terms of political ideology, but the fact that there are only two viable parties on serves to further entrench each side and stagnate political debate. The founding fathers said specifically that our system of government must not be allowed to fall into a two party system or it will not function efficiently.
This is one of the most intelligent posts in a political thread that I've ever seen on this site and I thank you. It honestly shocks me at how blind most of the American public is to the intentions of right wing media. Then ignorant statements like the one made earlier about politicians fearing the public make it pretty obvious. Everyone needs something to believe and something to hate two entities have that in spades: religion and fox news
Old 01-09-2011, 07:01 AM   #14
BustedS13
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaijin Smash Wayhoff View Post
This is one of the most intelligent posts in a political thread that I've ever seen on this site and I thank you. It honestly shocks me at how blind most of the American public is to the intentions of right wing media. Then ignorant statements like the one made earlier about politicians fearing the public make it pretty obvious. Everyone needs something to believe and something to hate two entities have that in spades: religion and fox news
just because that kid said something retarded doesn't necessarily mean he's a republican.
....and conservatives aren't inherently evil.

edit:

http://globalgrind.com/channel/news/...-91101-photos/
hey, a 9 year old was murdered in the shooting yesterday, too. but it's all good because politicians should fear the people, right, dipshit?
Old 01-09-2011, 08:50 AM   #15
upsdude
Post Whore!

lol so it boils down to fox news is evil? LOL

and what's with the name calling? have i once called you anything derrogatory busted13? look you wanna open up a thread then get all defensive because i post something that doesn't line up with with what you wanna hear. talk about ignorant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BustedS13 View Post
but it's all good because politicians should fear the people, right, dipshit?
yeah it's sad a 9 year old got killed...nevers tried to say it wasnt. all i'm saying is politicians are disconnected from the voters (obamacare, anyone?) and should start to fear the people in the sense that, really, we're their boss. and they should keep that in mind. they're not sent there to get freebies from lobbyists, and spend our tax money into oblivion-this goes for both dems and republicans.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."
-Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by upsdude; 01-09-2011 at 11:26 AM..
Old 01-09-2011, 12:48 PM   #16
gearhead55
Zilvia FREAK!

gearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaijin Smash Wayhoff View Post
This is one of the most intelligent posts in a political thread that I've ever seen on this site and I thank you.
thanks, i try to call 'em as i see 'em.

Quote:
lol so it boils down to fox news is evil? LOL

yeah it's sad a 9 year old got killed...nevers tried to say it wasnt. all i'm saying is politicians are disconnected from the voters (obamacare, anyone?) and should start to fear the people in the sense that, really, we're their boss. and they should keep that in mind. they're not sent there to get freebies from lobbyists, and spend our tax money into oblivion-this goes for both dems and republicans.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."
-Thomas Jefferson
fox news is by far the worst but, sensationalist media IN GENERAL is the problem. No one said its "evil", it just cannot exist in a society in which we need unbiased information in order to make informed decisions.

While watching the news about the shooting unfold on fox news the anchor would repeatedly ask questions to the correspondent like "Do we have any indication yet that there may be a link between this event and Islamic terrorism?" and "In light of the recent Maryland incendiary packages, are we seeing an increase in danger for political officials?". Completely unfounded remarks with absolutely no evidence behind them. Yes they are just 'asking questions', but why? They do so because by even mentioning connections between events like those is a very powerful message to a huge portion of the viewers that won't the time to weigh the evidence and think critically for themselves.

You mentioning Obamacare is a perfect example of this. You no doubt have heard constantly through media that the "people" don't want Obamacare, but i would bet that you couldn't tell me why that is. People act as if it is some revolutionary change of our system, but if you look AT HISTORY and at other countries you can see that it is a very conservative adjustment of our current system, which, by the way, is on the ABSOLUTE BRINK of collapse. Because of the unregulated nature of medical insurance in this country, doctors, some of the most highly trained people who have devoted their lives to keeping you alive, are getting paid literally HALF of what they made ten years ago while doing nearly double to work. Why? Because insurance companies have realized that there is no government regulation and they can consistently lower reimbursement rates and deny more and more healthcare without any repercussions. They are fucking us. If you think that this system doesn't need to be reformed you either a) have never had a family member with a serious illness, or b) are a complete idiot.

And the biggest thing that people who are against Obamacare because its "socialized medicine" don't get: We ALREADY HAVE socialized healthcare! Its called Medicare. If you are so against socialized medicine, go tell your grandma that she should get rid of medicare and pay for that hip replacement of hers out of pocket with aaaaaalllllllll that retirement money that she has saved up, that, by the way, is worth just about jack shit now.

The majority of people who are against Obamacare are only against it because they are misinformed, or more likely, completely uninformed. Why? because sensationalist news media doesn't discuss the actual content of any of these debates, they simply pick two people from opposite ends of the political spectrum and let them yell at each other for 3 minutes and then move on to another topic. That is not what news needs to be for a democratic country to function. We need in depth discussion of all important issues by intelligent moderates that are smart enough to realize that partisan divisiveness will be our undoing.

And your jeffereson quote, guess what, he wasn't talking about the government fearing getting SHOT by the people, he was talking about the government getting voted out of office by the people. thats called DEMOCRACY.

Last edited by gearhead55; 01-09-2011 at 12:52 PM.. Reason: specified medical insurance
Old 01-09-2011, 02:58 PM   #17
upsdude
Post Whore!

Quote:
And your jeffereson quote, guess what, he wasn't talking about the government fearing getting SHOT by the people, he was talking about the government getting voted out of office by the people. thats called DEMOCRACY.
wow what a long ass post...btw we live in a republic not a democracy.

oh and you seem to forget that during the american revolution we SHOT AND KILLED british soldiers.
Old 01-09-2011, 03:18 PM   #18
ESmorz
Post Whore!

ESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to ESmorz
Democratic Republic.

Something something can't see the forest for the trees.
Old 01-09-2011, 04:38 PM   #19
S14DB
AFC #1

S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Quote:

oh and you seem to forget that during the american revolution we SHOT AND KILLED british soldiers.
Last time I checked she wasn't a soldier. I think you are taking major leaps in logic here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ESmorz View Post
Democratic Republic.

Something something can't see the forest for the trees.
Old 01-10-2011, 01:44 PM   #20
gearhead55
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:

cool don't read or respond to anything i wrote...

I guess that proves me right.

and our government is both a republic and a democracy you ignorant fuck.

S14db is right, shooting soldiers in a WAR is completely different than shooting a bunch of civilians and a politician at a fucking get together in a parking lot.
Old 01-10-2011, 02:01 PM   #21
Quail
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
Quail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Quail
This is saddening, although what is more disturbing is some of the attitudes and reactions after the event (although somewhat unsurprising?).

Some of the political rhetoric from Palin's side is unnerving to say the least.

As for Fox News and some of the other American networks, its scary that such clear bias and negative ideology can be attributed to something which calls itself "news". (Our tabloid media is no better, although luckily it usually stays in print form).

Quote:
The rest of the world is laughing at people like you. You and your peers are literally a joke.
Old 01-11-2011, 02:56 PM   #22
TheWolf
Zilvia FREAK!

TheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant future
I think the issue is with not left or right but the spread from left to right. Right now I think the distance from side to side couldn't be further apart.

Conservatives feel that enough is enough. You spend what you take in. You value marriage, unborn, and work ethic. They feel the other side is like a teenage boy. Can't tell them anything and have now just quit.

Republicans feel that the world can be saved with tax breaks to all and cut spending except in important areas like defense, medicare, Social security. They're now an empty shell of what they were. Expect implosion.

Meanwhile on the other side, democrats are extolling the vast importance of gay rights, social progressiveness, universal healthcare for all, and more stimulus.

Liberals feel the only way to save us from this recession is for rich to become poor, universities to pump out more PHD's, and world peace. Nothing can't be fixed by an inner city school teacher that cares and more money.

Needless both sides have grown apart. Like couples that used to argue all the time but fix things, they're now into divorce proceedings and they just pass notes back and forth with their lawyers. Quite frankly as a conservative, I just don't have anything in common with a liberal anymore. It's like talking to a martian. Most conservatives just have zero faith in obama, and washington itself. They don't feel politics is something that can be reasoned with any more. It's no longer logical in anyway shape or form but now has to be fought. So you'll see a change in the tone to "resistance".

And while all this vitriol is going on about politicians being gunned down by nutjob wackos. No one has said one peep that "I bet this is what it feels like to be a soldier in afganistan. Always on the lookout for the one crazy dude who wants to kill you". Two wars, thousands of soldiers dead, for what? a national debt that beyond out of control and will bankrupt everyones savings? 1 in 7 people relying on the government to feed them? The US is a mess much larger than bitching between two sides or some crazy dude shooting someone. Implying that sarah palin is responsible for this congresswoman's assassination is like saying "grand theft auto" said it was ok to run around and kill people and steal cars.
Old 01-17-2011, 12:14 PM   #23
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Lol, Palin always has been bad taste.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 12:01 AM   #24
J3123MY
BANNED

J3123MY is an unknown quantity at this point
I have the exact same initials as the shooter .... JLL

Quote:
.....??? horrible comparison, technically, British Soldiers shot at Americans first.
J3123MY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 04:51 PM   #25
theicecreamdan
Post Whore!

theicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to theicecreamdan
Fuck the right-left Fox-comedy central, AZ shootings and anything else.
WTF did she think that map would look like?

Doesn't she plan on running for president? Or have we finally figured out that she couldn't cut it?

I would have SERIOUS issue with somebody running for president that thinks its OK to put "targets" anywhere on the United States. And just as serious an issue having a president dumb enough to not see far enough in the future to put that up on the web.
theicecreamdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 12:51 PM   #26
gearhead55
Zilvia FREAK!

Palin is as dumb as a brick. She doesn't believe in evolution.

A person that doesn't believe in evolution sure as fuck isn't intelligent enough to run a country.
Old 02-09-2011, 02:15 AM   #27
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
How in the hell have I stayed out of this thread? lol
I'm libel to blow my political science and history stacks over some the bull shit spewed in this here.

I guess if ESmorz and S14DB agree on a political topic the spectrum is mostly covered so I'll just watch for now.

Old 02-09-2011, 06:50 AM   #28
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Palin is as dumb as a brick. She doesn't believe in evolution.

A person that doesn't believe in evolution sure as fuck isn't intelligent enough to run a country.
Or she is pandering to an entire group that feels that way and is getting fucking rich doing it.

Google some polls. About half of American believes in creationism and around 25% feel God controlled Evolution to create man. Only 25% feel it was dumb luck humans came to be.

http://www.religioustolerance.org/ev_public.htm

I highly doubt she is planning a serious run for president, it's to easy and profitable to stand by a bitch about policies and lawmakers and say what you would have done.
Old 02-09-2011, 07:27 AM   #29
bb4_96
Zilvia Addict

bb4_96 is an unknown quantity at this point
I agree with dumb as a brick Palin pandering... I don't think it's about money though.

I think politicians should fear the wrath of angry constituants but not in form of gunshots.

The targets are bad taste now... probably should be changed.
bb4_96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 08:21 AM   #30
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb4_96 View Post
I agree with dumb as a brick Palin pandering... I don't think it's about money though.

I think politicians should fear the wrath of angry constituants but not in form of gunshots.

The targets are bad taste now... probably should be changed.
The congresswomen shot, was shot by a deranged man who obsessed about her for two years after a chance encounter and snapped when he was expelled from school for needing mental help. He was not a political assassin or an angry constituent.

It's like saying Regan's would be assailant was a bleeding heart liberal fueled by the Democrats rhetoric and doctrine.

Hinkley was just out of his fucking mind, just like this kid.