Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > For Sale Items > Cars For Sale

Old 02-17-2011, 10:23 PM   #1
Aypawk
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Aypawk is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
1972 Datsun 240Z - $875

I have here for sale my 1972 Datsun 240Z Im asking $875 O.B.O I was going to restore if but other interests lead me to sell it before I put too much money into it.

Specs:
1972 Datsun 240Z
Engine: L28 Turbo Block[2.8L instead of stock 2.4L]
E31 High Compression Head
Dual SU Carbureters
Original 4Speed Manual Transmission
Mileage: 62,146 (Most likely 162,146 since original odometer only reads till 100k)
VIN: HLS3067838
Aftermarket Electronic Ignition
260Z Taillights
280ZX turbo Hood
Aftermarket Polyurethane Snowplow Lip.

The car currently does not Run. The problem is that the ignition coil isnt wired up [since it is aftermarket and not stock] So obviously it is not throwing out spark. I have been researching wiring diagrams to be able to wire up the aftermarket ignition, but I no longer have time to work on the car due to school and work.

Its missing some interior pieces that are easily replaceable. Car has some surface rust that can be taken off with minor bodywork. Frame is straight. I bought the car without a title and have paid all the fees to get a new title and register the car. The Car is currently registered Non Op. And the state will send me a new title within the next few days. Im asking $875 O.B.O, we can negotiate something; so if youre interested give me a call. This car will make a great restoration project, or a bad ass track car. Ive seen S13 shells go for this much, why not get an S30 and get something thats Uber rare and in good condition that can be made into a track monster without having to worry about Smog BS.

Throw in some fresh gas, battery, flush the fluids, and do some basic wiring and you could have yourself a bad ass DD. Or screw it, do an LS1 strip it, cage it and call it a day!

Pros:
Straight Body, Minimal Rust.
Doglegs intact
L28ET Block+E31 Hi Comp combination = [TORQUEE]
Dual SU Carbs
Reconditioned Engine Bay Harness
Pre-76 Car: No SMOG, No BS, No restrictions from California
Super rare, and hard to find
Will come with spare wiring harness from a late 72, will need minor work to be able to use.
All chromes included
HUGE JDM SNOWPLOW LIP made of Urethane so it will never break!

Cons:
Hatch has a small rust hole
No Keys
Missing Interior: Glovebox, Pass. Seat, Hatch Carpet and trim
Needs some wiring work to run
Needs to be towed

Car is in Santa Paula, CA

(805)612-4466 (text or call)
Tonyrlz777(at)hotmail.com (email)
---Tony

These are some old pictures Ill update tommorow morning with newer pictures of it parked in my driveway..

[rust hole]

More pics:

Last edited by Aypawk; 02-18-2011 at 12:58 PM..
Aypawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-2011, 10:36 PM   #2
Sergio180sx
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (24)
Sergio180sx is on the path to ruinSergio180sx is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
I would love to buy this if I had extra space
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriftOutlaw View Post
No not at the moment but an easy fix. just swap the motor I have in and take the old one out.
Sergio180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 11:30 AM   #3
andisan
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
andisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
wow good deal, GLWS
Old 02-18-2011, 11:46 AM   #4
Jsal32
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Jsal32 is just really niceJsal32 is just really niceJsal32 is just really niceJsal32 is just really niceJsal32 is just really niceJsal32 is just really niceJsal32 is just really niceJsal32 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Its a 72 but it has '74+ tail lights.... any info on that? Any signs of an accident back there?
Jsal32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 11:49 AM   #5
Jsal32
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Jsal32 is just really niceJsal32 is just really niceJsal32 is just really niceJsal32 is just really niceJsal32 is just really niceJsal32 is just really niceJsal32 is just really niceJsal32 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
NVM... just read the part about the 260Z tail lights. Really good deal. Why not fix the wiring and sell it for double what your asking?

Someone needs to jump all over this! S30's are soooo much sweeter than S13's IMO. If you don't believe me go check out HYBRIDZ.org.
Jsal32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 12:16 PM   #6
blueshark123
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (55)
blueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 55 reviews
any cracks on dash or any pics of the interior
blueshark123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 12:23 PM   #7
silverarrow27
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
silverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aypawk View Post
...Pre-76 Car: No SMOG, No BS, No restrictions from California
Super rare, and hard to find...
Unfortunately in the middle or later part of 1975, the later 280z's have to be smogged. As for 'no restrictions from CA', this is totally false. You are still responsible in keeping your car street legal and can be cited for anything like any other car.

You can't get away from engine swaps legally unless bar'd, modified exhaust, front license plate, car too low, blah blah blah...

GLWS, looks a little rough and 240z's aren't as rare as everyone makes them out to be. I can literally go onto hybridz or craigslist and find plenty of them for sale at the moment.
Old 02-18-2011, 01:07 PM   #8
Aypawk
Leaky Injector

Updated the first post with current pictures.
I stripped out the interior to make sure there was no rust on the inside and its good to go. I have the Driver Seat, The carpet for the front, and both door panels.

I also have the rear bumper that isnt pictured on the car. And on the last pic you can see a small part of the snowplow lip.
I will include the car with rolling steelies that have decent tires.

Quote:
Unfortunately in the middle or later part of 1975, the later 280z's have to be smogged. As for 'no restrictions from CA', this is totally false. You are still responsible in keeping your car street legal and can be cited for anything like any other car.

You can't get away from engine swaps legally unless bar'd, modified exhaust, front license plate, car too low, blah blah blah...

GLWS, looks a little rough and 240z's aren't as rare as everyone makes them out to be. I can literally go onto hybridz or craigslist and find plenty of them for sale at the moment.
Thats cool, but this is a 72 240z, so i dont see how the 280z having to be smogged applies to my car. And as far as these cars not being able to legally transplant that is true, but there is no Smog check to enforce it, and the only reason for you to get caught is if youre ricing around the freeway asking to get pulled over by the CHP. Youre more likely to get pulled over with an S13 that has an SR, than an S30 with an RB. Just based on the fact of profiling.
Old 02-19-2011, 12:05 PM   #9
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aypawk View Post
Updated the first post with current pictures.
I stripped out the interior to make sure there was no rust on the inside and its good to go. I have the Driver Seat, The carpet for the front, and both door panels.

I also have the rear bumper that isnt pictured on the car. And on the last pic you can see a small part of the snowplow lip.
I will include the car with rolling steelies that have decent tires.

Thats cool, but this is a 72 240z, so i dont see how the 280z having to be smogged applies to my car. And as far as these cars not being able to legally transplant that is true, but there is no Smog check to enforce it, and the only reason for you to get caught is if youre ricing around the freeway asking to get pulled over by the CHP. Youre more likely to get pulled over with an S13 that has an SR, than an S30 with an RB. Just based on the fact of profiling.
I can verify this as well. My friend has 72 with a fully built RB25 with larger turbo and huge exhaust. Cops do not even look at him. Except to say Nice Z.

S30's rule!

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 03:33 PM   #10
S14-SLIDER
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
S14-SLIDER is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Damm this wud be a sik project if i had the extra cash
Old 02-19-2011, 08:10 PM   #11
Aypawk
Leaky Injector

Im open to offers The price isnt firm. I need a down payment on a tow rig!
Old 02-21-2011, 06:04 PM   #12
Aypawk
Leaky Injector

SOLD!Thanks!