Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 03-03-2011, 12:36 AM   #61
Touge Noob S13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
Touge Noob S13 is making a name for him/her selfTouge Noob S13 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmcdon View Post
But yet, ARC makes ritzy parts, like a 1,300 radiator for old 'pos' cars like our 240sx's.

ARC-Auto Rod Controls Nissan 240SX Auto Rod Controls SMC Radiator ASMC36S14

No doubt not everyone isn't cheaping out on buying ARC parts.
There's just not enough of a market to support that type of business, apparently otherwise they would be doing just fine.
To be fair, it is impressive they stayed in business as long as they have.
The Japanese are willing to spend that money or ARC would not have made it in the first place. It is a status symbol.
Touge Noob S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-2011, 06:48 PM   #62
madd ocx
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
madd ocx is not welcome here anymoremadd ocx is not welcome here anymoremadd ocx is not welcome here anymoremadd ocx is not welcome here anymoremadd ocx is not welcome here anymoremadd ocx is not welcome here anymoremadd ocx is not welcome here anymoremadd ocx is not welcome here anymoremadd ocx is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
People seem to forget we are in a recession. So the average guy that might have been balling probably don't have no job right now to afford his car, let alone some overpriced aftermarket parts. Maybe if they did lower prices they might of fared better as well..
madd ocx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 07:54 PM   #63
speedgod^s13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
speedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to speedgod^s13
An item is only worth as much, as someone is willing to pay for it. Apparently, people have been willing to pay that much for ARC parts, or they wouldn't have stayed in business for this long. ARC isn't much different from a lot of other tuner companies. Sure, you are paying for R&D, but I think a lot of the cost is due to their name and reputation. If ARC dropped their prices though, i'm sure they would have no problem reestablishing their company. There ARE still people out there, that will pay good money, for quality parts. ARC has to realize that in this economy, they have to adjust to the buyer's market. If they at least lowered their prices to compete with HKS, Apexi, Blitz, they would already grow their market by great lengths.
speedgod^s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 09:02 PM   #64
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
FRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedgod^s13 View Post
An item is only worth as much, as someone is willing to pay for it. Apparently, people have been willing to pay that much for ARC parts, or they wouldn't have stayed in business for this long. ARC isn't much different from a lot of other tuner companies. Sure, you are paying for R&D, but I think a lot of the cost is due to their name and reputation. If ARC dropped their prices though, i'm sure they would have no problem reestablishing their company. There ARE still people out there, that will pay good money, for quality parts. ARC has to realize that in this economy, they have to adjust to the buyer's market. If they at least lowered their prices to compete with HKS, Apexi, Blitz, they would already grow their market by great lengths.
i would agree. obviously, this won't work if each item is selling at a lost but they can make money by selling in larger quantities at lower prices as long as they have a solid margin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
remember, people on this forum are STUPID. use your common sense.
FRpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 07:58 PM   #65
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BustedS13 View Post
I know this has quoted three times already, but it's just too damn funny lol
Old 03-04-2011, 08:08 PM   #66
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
If a company whose products no one on here will buy goes down, does it make a noise?
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 01:38 AM   #67
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaLKoN240 View Post
There are clothing companies that make suits that cost as much as our cars. I can't name any of those brands because I don't shop for that stuff, nor have I ever considered it.

But if you were into collecting suits, you would probably damn well know the brands and why they're so expensive.

Same goes for ARC, just because we're all poor and driving 15+ year old cars and pinching pennies to toss into our money pit, doesn't mean everyone else is.

Stop thinking so small people.
Good point, look at watches, im sure alot of people here have $50 watches... as opposed to watches that cost over a G.
Old 03-05-2011, 01:39 PM   #68
UtahKouki

Trader Rating: (0)
UtahKouki is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Overpriced. Not surprising considering the economy and lack of brand awareness
UtahKouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 02:08 PM   #69
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmephistopheles View Post
I don't know if Ti is any more difficult to weld than SS, but I'm sure it takes specialized training and/or equipment.
in addition to the materials costing more, welding titanium requires more skill and prep as the metal needs to be completely free of oxygen during the welding process.

what you failtards dont understand is, that this is not your typical "titanium burnt tip" bullshit exhaust.. morons. this is a full fucking piece of titanium, the entire thing.

i swear, its like you morons buy a carbon FIBERGLASS laminate hood and think you're buying the same carbon used in the mclaren f1. ask seibon or whoever if they have an autoclave thats used for their 100 dollar s13 hoods (yeah right).

its amazing how few people here understand, and i mean really have a true understanding as to what is involved when it comes to building and designing the products that are on your car. this is why so many cars are held together with zipties and bungee cords, people are stupid - with or without money, complete fucktards
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 02:27 PM   #70
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
I would also like to say that:

A. ARC intercoolers have some of the best-designed end-tanks I have ever seen.

B. ARC is the ONLY company I know of that actually produces their own intercoolers/oil coolers/radiators from scratch. They owned a fin-bending machine that costs somewhere in the $1M range.

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 06:05 AM   #71
nathanong87
Post Whore!

nathanong87 is a well-known jackass
i painted ARC on my ebay intercooler. works great.
Old 03-06-2011, 02:38 PM   #72
yokotas13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
yokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to yokotas13 Send a message via MSN to yokotas13 Send a message via Yahoo to yokotas13
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMans180SX View Post
I would also like to say that:

A. ARC intercoolers have some of the best-designed end-tanks I have ever seen.

B. ARC is the ONLY company I know of that actually produces their own intercoolers/oil coolers/radiators from scratch. They owned a fin-bending machine that costs somewhere in the $1M range.
and IIRC the only bolt in Vmount for a car other than an FD
yokotas13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 04:24 PM   #73
sidewaysil80
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
sidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
in addition to the materials costing more, welding titanium requires more skill and prep as the metal needs to be completely free of oxygen during the welding process.

what you failtards dont understand is, that this is not your typical "titanium burnt tip" bullshit exhaust.. morons. this is a full fucking piece of titanium, the entire thing.

i swear, its like you morons buy a carbon FIBERGLASS laminate hood and think you're buying the same carbon used in the mclaren f1. ask seibon or whoever if they have an autoclave thats used for their 100 dollar s13 hoods (yeah right).

its amazing how few people here understand, and i mean really have a true understanding as to what is involved when it comes to building and designing the products that are on your car. this is why so many cars are held together with zipties and bungee cords, people are stupid - with or without money, complete fucktards
ok mr. know it all, explain to me why the FULL titanium j's racing exhausts are only 1800 dollars?
sidewaysil80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 11:18 PM   #74
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
explain to me why we even need a 'full titanium' exhaust systems, as opposed to a decent built $600 'stainless steel' exhaust ?

what justifies the premium? The only argument I've heard so far is that it's a 'status symbol' among the Japanese. I don't understand the Japanese, & probably never will, so I won't dispute that.

I don't think most Americans are going to be impressed by a POS car with a 6K exhaust, so probably no status symbol here (except for the car show nerds, whom I also can't understand, nor care to). What other function does a $6k ARC exhaust provide, that decently built Greddy/HKS/Apexi, for a fraction of the price, can NOT ?

Maybe a 6K exhaust would make sense to that guy with the $80k GTR, whom more likely has more disposable income,
or it's pocket change some rich dude who has a $300k Ferrari.

Trying to keep an open mind here, but you guys arguing for ARC aren't being very persuasive here.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote