Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat > LOUD NOISES

LOUD NOISES A place for political mudslinging, Pro/Anti legalization, gay marriage debate, Gun control rants, etc. If it's political, controversial, or hotly debated, it goes here. No regular Off-Topic stuff allowed. READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!

Old 04-17-2011, 10:55 AM   #31
90hatchie
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (15)
90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 90hatchie
nope not at all its a great idea!
we need all the lube we can get for our drift cars!
ahhhh
90hatchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-2011, 03:17 PM   #32
One_love_silvia
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (38)
One_love_silvia is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 38 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90hatchie View Post
nope not at all its a great idea!
we need all the lube we can get for our drift cars!
ahhhh
well since u put it that way...haha
Old 04-18-2011, 08:31 AM   #33
Walperstyle
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
Walperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Walperstyle
Quote:
Originally Posted by theicecreamdan View Post
The amount of fish taken by commercial fisheries are on the order of millions of pounds per year.
A very small fraction of seals and sea-lions.

I'm just waiting for you to say, 'well thats natural'. Then I will rebuttal, 'ok humans, no more eating because theicecreamdan says so'.
Old 04-18-2011, 10:03 AM   #34
theicecreamdan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
theicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to theicecreamdan
I stay away from that argument for that reason. I realize there are people who rely on fishing and even whaling just to survive. This isn't an issue of people surviving at all, nice try though.

1) Culling 80% (not a small fraction) of the seal pups for a given year will probably be very hard on their population, any bad luck from a bad year weather wise and you'll see some major hits.

2) You'll be extremely lucky to see ANY increase in fish yield after a few years

3) Other predators in the ocean aren't going to sit around and wait for seal numbers to recuperate, an increase in juvenile fish survival, will probably give you an increase in something else to try helping keep your fishermen unemployed.

4) Who is paying to go out and kill the seal pups? Who is going to get the profit (increased for a couple years at best) ? I admit I'm speculating, but I don't think there is very much overlap in these groups.

Its a scam.

But really, eat fish. Its good stuff. Just think about a couple things and ask what its REALLY costing. There are ways to support intelligent INFORMED management of great resources.
theicecreamdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 12:20 PM   #35
One_love_silvia
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (38)
One_love_silvia is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 38 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by theicecreamdan View Post

But really, eat fish. Its good stuff.
<3 fish. so much xD
and shrimp...
and crab..
and calimari :P

now im hungrier than i already was :/
Old 05-03-2011, 12:09 PM   #36
daryl337
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
daryl337 has a spectacular aura aboutdaryl337 has a spectacular aura aboutdaryl337 has a spectacular aura aboutdaryl337 has a spectacular aura aboutdaryl337 has a spectacular aura aboutdaryl337 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via MSN to daryl337
I say suck the fat out of all of the fatties in the US.

This A) makes us all skinny(and therefore better looking)... and B) gives us even moar lube.

Add that on to the whales and whatnot... it will buy us a couple of years! Win-Win.
Old 05-08-2011, 06:23 PM   #37
frftw
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
frftw is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
idk about you guys but i took the op's post as sarcastic, why the fuck would we go through all that effort to get something that we already have more than enough of. everyone knows the 'oil shortage' was thought up by the bush administration and oil companies tryin to get their cake up. fuck whale blubber
Old 05-09-2011, 01:33 PM   #38
daryl337
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
daryl337 has a spectacular aura aboutdaryl337 has a spectacular aura aboutdaryl337 has a spectacular aura aboutdaryl337 has a spectacular aura aboutdaryl337 has a spectacular aura aboutdaryl337 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via MSN to daryl337
Whales are the fatties of the oceans.