Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2011, 11:16 PM   #1
agraner91

Trader Rating: (0)
agraner91 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
RPS13 Build!!

Whats up guys I'm new to Zilvia. I'm Austin, I'm 20 and I go to the University of Alabama. I am a Nissan fanatic but this is my first 240sx. Ive had 4 S30's, 1 S130, 1 Z31 and my dad used to have a hardbody truck. Had around 18 cars or so. Anyway enough about me and more about the car. I just got my very first 240sx. A 1992 black on grey S13 hatch. Its in pretty rough shape but it has never been repainted or primered out or even wrecked. When I got it my friend had already wired it for an SR20DET with brand new ECU and installed a blacktop SR with a fresh rebuild. Just a stock blacktop just freshened up with all new bearings, seals, gaskets etc, and also upgraded to S15 pistons. The head was rebuilt and cleaned thoroughly and a new timing chain kit installed along with a new thermostat and water pump. He also installed a brand new clutch kit. When I got the car it was lacking a turbo, injectors, alternator, radiator, transmission, and a few other small things.

Last week I bought a turbo, injectors, alternator and a Godspeed fuel rail. I'm picking up a transmission this weekend.

I finally found time to rip its heart out and get to work. I removed all of the accessories and this is what we have.

After some scrubbing and alot of simple green I taped up the pulleys and some other small things and primed and painted the engine with DupliColor Aluminum Engine Enamel. (Original I know right? :P)

I then painted the pulleys with DupliColor Gloss Black Engine Enamel.

And the finished product

A little peak at the inside of the head

Sponsored Links
Old 11-08-2011, 11:23 PM   #2
agraner91

Took apart the intake manifold and throttle body and painted it while it was off.

Also cleaned up the starter and painted it.

Debating on what to do with the turbo manifold... either try and clean it up and polish it back out or paint it with some satin black exhaust paint. Opinions?

Also cleaned up my turbo and alternator that I bought. Ill post pics of that later.

Getting a transmission this weekend. Gonna put some stuff back together tommorow. Ill post updates and pics when I'm done.
Old 11-09-2011, 01:02 AM   #3
rcdad123
Zilvia Addict

rcdad123 is an unknown quantity at this point
paint will probably burn off right away on the turbo manifold. if you want it to look good, have it ceramic coated. make sure you have the cracks welded if its got any before you have it coated.
Old 11-09-2011, 06:37 AM   #4
agraner91

No cracks fortunately. Any idea who does ceramic coating?
Old 11-09-2011, 06:46 AM   #5
Darren
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
Darren is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
that looks like the same Megan racing manifold that i have.. and the same brace is missing...

You should fab up a brace that goes between the exhaust flange and the turbo flange...

You can see there are two threaded bolt holes there... if you don't put in said brace, it's only a matter of time before this thing will crack...

my .02
Old 11-09-2011, 06:47 AM   #6
agraner91

Do you have any pictures of the brace? I wouldnt mind fabbing something up while its out of the car
Old 11-09-2011, 07:38 AM   #7
Darren
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
Darren is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by agraner91 View Post
Do you have any pictures of the brace? I wouldnt mind fabbing something up while its out of the car
No sadly, mine didn't come with one either, and as i've been rebuilding the car i haven't gotten around to making one..

Here it is on their site:

and the product page:
Megan Racing

You may also, if you don't have one already, want to get a flex section welded into your downpipe to avoid extra strain on the manifold.....
Old 11-09-2011, 07:47 AM   #8
agraner91

I was actually thinking about having a turbine outlet made with a flex section. I wonder if Megan Racing would sell that bracket seperately
Old 11-09-2011, 07:57 AM   #9
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Trader Rating: (392)
CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 392 reviews
www.zilvia.net/rules.html

Build Threads

Almost everyone enjoys building their cars and sharing that experience, as well as checking out others' builds for inspiration. Sadly, far too many users have a tendency to do half-hearted builds and either rarely update or update with trivial progress. In the interest of keeping the Chat forum clear of three hundred 'Install SR, ziptie aero, rattlecan paint' threads, incomplete, or in-progress build threads are not allowed. If you have completed your build, wrangle all those pictures into a post and tell us about it, but make sure the build is finalized. If you insist on having an in-progress build, Premium members have a specialized subforum for that specific purpose.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Generally you can eat my asshole.
Closed Thread