Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 10-21-2011, 07:11 PM   #211
Lees_Garage
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (66)
Lees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really nice
Feedback Score: 66 reviews
Flickitty, I spotted your car in this pic on honda-tech. Thought I would share. If you want I can delete it.

@lees_garage
Lees_Garage is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-22-2011, 06:47 PM   #212
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
Flicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Flicktitty
haha, good shit! and good eye too! that was from the StanceWI show just a couple months ago. i'll throw up some newer pics too. thanks for sharing.
Old 10-22-2011, 07:50 PM   #213
keifer
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
keifer is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
What are the updates on this thing?!
keifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 03:41 AM   #214
jackal264
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
jackal264 has much to be proud ofjackal264 has much to be proud ofjackal264 has much to be proud ofjackal264 has much to be proud ofjackal264 has much to be proud ofjackal264 has much to be proud ofjackal264 has much to be proud ofjackal264 has much to be proud ofjackal264 has much to be proud ofjackal264 has much to be proud ofjackal264 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
i'm still waiting for a pic of the downpipe to catback please!!!
jackal264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 12:23 PM   #215
jdm2191
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (79)
jdm2191 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 79 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackal264 View Post
i'm still waiting for a pic of the downpipe to catback please!!!
Here so can STFU i dont think this is a "HOW-TO THREAD"

Old 10-26-2011, 08:09 PM   #216
JDM SPUG
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
JDM SPUG is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
I didn't see if you posted.... But what size injectors are you running?
JDM SPUG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 03:27 PM   #217
chris2jzgte

chris2jzgte is an unknown quantity at this point
hey bro wat size tubing did you use for the fuel lines, i just bought 5/16 steel fuel lines, and wat banjo fitting did you use for the fuel pressure/feed line, what do you think about this ebay universal FMIC kit for my 240sx s14 2jz swap
32"X13"X3.25" TURBO CHARGER FMIC FRONT MOUNT INTERCOOLER+3"ALUMINUM PIPING SET | eBay
chris2jzgte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 09:34 AM   #218
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Flicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM SPUG View Post
I didn't see if you posted.... But what size injectors are you running?
FIC 750cc injectors

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris2jzgte View Post
hey bro wat size tubing did you use for the fuel lines, i just bought 5/16 steel fuel lines, and wat banjo fitting did you use for the fuel pressure/feed line, what do you think about this ebay universal FMIC kit for my 240sx s14 2jz swap
32"X13"X3.25" TURBO CHARGER FMIC FRONT MOUNT INTERCOOLER+3"ALUMINUM PIPING SET | eBay
Sorry for the late response but that IC should work just fine. I have all -6AN fuel lines from the Fuel tank up to the fuel rail with no banjo bolts/fittings. When i was on stock lines i used the factory supra rail/fittings, and some off the shelf fuel line from napa.

RECAP 2011
Had the car up and running for a few short months, seemed to be one issue after another with the new tuning software and the fuel system as well just being in a whole new car in general. But we got a few things sorted out and made some decisions to go bigger on some stuff this winter and removing somethings to go back to "simplicity"

We took the mapecu2 out of the car and Sold it to a SF member, We will be installing the AEM EMS Version 2 in the next couple of weeks.
We are also taking out the dual walbro 255's setup in favor for one Deatchwerks DW300 fuel pump as we have decided the car will never make the switch to E85, and just live life as a small turbo pump gas terror. With the adjustments to the fuel pump some of the fuel system stuff will be redone. We are also going with a TRD 160 thermostat (stock is 180) in hopes of helping the car run a little cooler. As well as swapping out the current e-fans for a set of FAL slim fan (series 420) with the FAL fan controller. Also on the list of "To Do" is finish the rest of the Q45 brake upgrade on the front. As well as a few other minor things here and there.

The plan is to have the car back up and running in early spring (March/April) and have it tuned in around them by Larry @ Sound Performance and let the car run for the rest of the year, Hopefully it all works out that way.

That's enough words though, how about some more pics from the car's few travels this year.

Old 01-30-2012, 09:34 AM   #219
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

a few more pics.

How the car is "currently" sitting in the garage.

Worked on the car some this past weekend, Pulled the radiator,fans out of the car,as well as the upper waterneck as i plan on modifying that some more then i already have.
Also removed the power steering pump as the old one was getting quite loud. Also installed a K&N 3/4" Breaher on top of the valve cover as i've always just had it open and wanted to clean it up some.
Some pics -

Old 01-30-2012, 09:34 PM   #220
jdm2191
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (79)
jdm2191 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 79 reviews
keep it up
Old 01-30-2012, 10:07 PM   #221
cflory08
Zilvia Member

cflory08 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flicktitty View Post
LOL, not to be mean but for people like you. lol
the car started off as an auto EVERYONE talks shit about auto's unless you drag, so i figure why not try one.be good for drag be decent for anything, and be easy to drive ecspecially for a girl.
are you sayin girls cant drive 5 speed or somethin? i drive a stick, its easy and i definetly pefer it over an autotragic any day.
cflory08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 10:33 PM   #222
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cflory08 View Post
are you sayin girls cant drive 5 speed or somethin? i drive a stick, its easy and i definetly pefer it over an autotragic any day.
nope not at all. she drives 5spd better then i do actually. But thanks for thinking how you want. have a good one.
Old 02-10-2012, 06:07 PM   #223
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Placed an order last weekend for the Flex-A-Lite 420 series electric fans. Which showed up yesterday, Big thanks to FRSport.

Also picked up a DIF PWM Fan controller from Phase2motortrend just waiting for that to show up! Also got the new power steering pump picked up so that will have to be installed this weekend, Also got lucky and found a used S13 fuel sending unit that will get installed shortly along with the new Deatchwerks DW300 fuel pump. Will be placing an order this weekend for a TRD thermostat which should finish off the cooling system.

I've had my Precision 6265 up for sale for a couple weeks finally found a buyer, so i went ahead and purchased a new Precision 6266 .68A/r T4 flange with the Anti-Surge and getting it polished and coated just like the old one was. Looking forward to that! Big thanks to Sound Performance for giving me a KILLER deal on it. 2012 is really starting to look like a big year.

Been on the prowl for a while for some new wheels....think i found some... time will tell.
Old 02-10-2012, 06:18 PM   #224
SonnyBoy
Leaky Injector

SonnyBoy is an unknown quantity at this point
Nice Car !!!!!
Interior very fresh ^
Old 02-10-2012, 08:18 PM   #225
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Thank you, Forgot to throw up some new(er) pics.

worked on the interior some.
JDM Pink steering wheel, NRG Short hub, NRG Quick release,Cruise shift knob,Yashio Factory ebrake button, Glowshift gauges,S14 seats,Custom 6pt NHRA 10.00 Certified cage.

And how she sleeps.

Old 02-10-2012, 10:04 PM   #226
epson1
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (-1)
epson1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: -1 reviews
i guess im trying to figure out this swap. single turbo 2jz and glowshit gauges? ok...leaving the diagnostic port on it? uhhh sure... oem IAC that are prone to breaking? ok...

None of it makes sense. seems like alot of corners were and it was built because it was a 2jz and a girl drives it...
epson1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 10:17 PM   #227
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by epson1 View Post
i guess im trying to figure out this swap. single turbo 2jz and glowshit gauges? ok...leaving the diagnostic port on it? uhhh sure... oem IAC that are prone to breaking? ok...

None of it makes sense. seems like alot of corners were and it was built because it was a 2jz and a girl drives it...
what are you talking about?

The diagnostic port is still useable, so why wouldn't you want to keep it? Glowshift gauges aren't THAT bad, we will see how accurate they are once the AEM goes in the car. Where did i say anything about the IAC?
Old 02-11-2012, 12:14 AM   #228
kalypso123
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡

Trader Rating: (2)
kalypso123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
AC not hooked up?
kalypso123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 08:18 AM   #229
ReaperBJJ
Leaky Injector

ReaperBJJ is an unknown quantity at this point
This car is what made me remember that 15"s can still look cool with meatier tires.
Old 02-11-2012, 04:03 PM   #230
2stepGoesPowPow
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
2stepGoesPowPow is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
what are you talking about?

The diagnostic port is still useable, so why wouldn't you want to keep it? Glowshift gauges aren't THAT bad, we will see how accurate they are once the AEM goes in the car. Where did i say anything about the IAC?
+1 for glowshift gauges, This is a sick build, reminds me of this jz 240 vs a gtr, do tires ever really help you? lmao
1JZ S13 240sx 530hp vs R35 GTR 585hp ROUND 2 - YouTube
2stepGoesPowPow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 12:47 PM   #231
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalypso123 View Post
AC not hooked up?
No sir, There is no "easy" way to delete the A/c compressor without making custom bracketry to keep the power steering pump working, So i will be looking at removing the A/c at a later time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperBJJ View Post
This car is what made me remember that 15"s can still look cool with meatier tires.
Thanks man! not sure how much longer this car will be on 15's as we are looking at some 17" VS-XX

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2stepGoesPowPow View Post
+1 for glowshift gauges, This is a sick build, reminds me of this jz 240 vs a gtr, do tires ever really help you? lmao
1JZ S13 240sx 530hp vs R35 GTR 585hp ROUND 2 - YouTube
Haha, yeah that cars pretty damn impressive. Believe it or not this car has virtually 0 traction issues as long as it isn't below 40 degrees out. We haven't tried to activly lauch the car heavily (yet) but from 10-15mph rolls it is fine.

Went to the Chicago autoshow yesterday morning! here are some of the pics we took.

coolest car at the show.

Nissan had this in there booth, girlfriend posed with it.

Took the turbo off Off to the new owner it goes.

Old 02-12-2012, 12:59 PM   #232
Run NoeL, Run!
Leaky Injector

Run NoeL, Run! is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Run NoeL, Run!
There's pink everyyywhereeee.
I like it.
Old 02-12-2012, 02:42 PM   #233
SonnyBoy
Leaky Injector

SonnyBoy is an unknown quantity at this point
Yashio Factory ebrake button?
can you explain whats it specift
does it still lock in when you release it? or do you just pull it and drop it back down
and can you remove it again? if needed
SonnyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 09:15 AM   #234
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyBoy View Post
Yashio Factory ebrake button?
can you explain whats it specift
does it still lock in when you release it? or do you just pull it and drop it back down
and can you remove it again? if needed

It's like any other "Drift button" You take off the factory e-brake boot and remove the spring(s) from the button and then slide this over the existing button.
When the drift button is pushed in it will leave the handbrake inactivated even when pulled up, when the drift button is pulled out the handbrake will lock when pulled up.

But since this car isn't built for "drifting" i just simply slid this button ove the existing ebrake button, purly for astetic reasons.

Old 02-13-2012, 09:57 AM   #235
Black R
Zilvia Addict

Black R is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Yeah, it's a stock aristo Auto. Earls trans cooler, and a Titan 3500 Stall.

The manifold i have is a Treadstone, i've seen a ton of off the shelf T4 manifolds fit. look at a XS-Power or something like that. Just brace it and clean out the slag.

Fwiw, there's a thread on supraforums with a cleaned up treadstone manifold making 748+ whp...

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sho...-testing-today

I went with the $140 eBay special, so we will see how long it lasts...

* is that a tial 50 mm bov on the hot side piping?

I had to switch over to the cold side on my swap bc of compressor surge...
Black R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 10:24 AM   #236
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

yeah it's a Tial 50mm on the hot side, i might be switching it over to the cold side too. We will see what happens still with it.

SP's modded cast manifold is pretty badass, when i pick up my new turbo from them in a week or so i'm gonna have a talk with them
Old 02-13-2012, 10:50 AM   #237
Black R
Zilvia Addict

Black R is an unknown quantity at this point
I just went back and read through your whole thread: idk how I missed it before!

Anyway, damn you have caught a lot of flack for doing this swap - I can't believe it...

Wait till you guys see my shit rocket - just imagine flick's, without any of the niceties he's performed.
But hey, back in 2009 when I got the swap in and driving, it just wasn't as popular amirite?

Keep up the build bro.

I know you'll be upgrading injectors soon, so you know who to keep in mind...
Black R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 12:23 PM   #238
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black R View Post
I just went back and read through your whole thread: idk how I missed it before!

Anyway, damn you have caught a lot of flack for doing this swap - I can't believe it...

Wait till you guys see my shit rocket - just imagine flick's, without any of the niceties he's performed.
But hey, back in 2009 when I got the swap in and driving, it just wasn't as popular amirite?

Keep up the build bro.

I know you'll be upgrading injectors soon, so you know who to keep in mind...
haha, yeah there has been a pretty big amount of hate with this build, not sure if it's cause of the auto? or the fact this car isn't designed to drift, or if it isn't "Baller" enough like some peoples setups or what, but it wasen't made to make everyone happy just 2 people and the car has done that very well thus far.
Old 03-04-2012, 10:16 PM   #239
600SX

600SX is an unknown quantity at this point
It makes me happy...
Old 03-06-2012, 07:12 PM   #240
shiftdrift
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (42)
shiftdrift is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 42 reviews