Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-20-2012, 07:10 PM   #11
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Redline View Post
Doesn;t that go with your recommended 17/18 x 9j +30 standard recomendation flip?
5mm spacers would not be needed with CO's with that if I read you correct
No, stay the fuck away from anything +30 or higher. Highest I would go would be +25.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvi View Post
so 9" at front with ET35 will not fit on s14 ?
^^^Same shit I just typed up above

Quote:
Originally Posted by 240dk View Post
So I am about to order spacers for the front for my s14 and I am not sure what to order. I have searched and have not found any information on what size spacer I need. Right now the fronts do not clear the coilovers at all even with the 5mm spacer. The rears cleared with a roll and 5mm spacer. Wish I would have ordered a different width for the front but im stuck with them now. I dont mind rolling or pulling, just want it to clear suspension.

-Stock Fenders
-XXR 526 18x10.5 +20
-Tein adjustable coilovers
-20mm, 25mm, or 30mm?
Sell the front pair and get something narrower. 10.5j is a fucking nightmare up front. You might be able to get away with something as small as 15mm.

For a reference, here are my fronts, 18x10 +22 with 15mm spacers so they're +7. They barely clear my coilovers, once in a while, my springs would spin and the rims would touch them. I'd have to spin the springs so the rims wont rub on them.

To give you the same clearance inside as me, you'd need closer to 20mm spacers but then your wheels will stick out further than mine by about 13mm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lutz Performance View Post
turn the wheel to lock, then try and mount it up with the 5mm spacer. maybe try a 10 or 15 ,usually can only get those on slip on with extended wheel studs. a 20mm spacer will put you at 0, which might allow you to dial the camber back in.

edit:
here is an 18x11 0 on stock metal from the wheel fitment thread

being a half inch smaller should give you a little more play room for tire size or camber
His issue is clearing the fronts, not the rears.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote