Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 09-05-2012, 02:09 PM   #31
Akiros
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
Akiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Akiros
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEEWON View Post
Pssssht. 7 is my unlucky number.

Pulled over 7 times in two weeks.
License suspended 7 times in one year.
I have 7 tickets on my coffee table that need paid or a court appearance.

Surprisingly I have only been stopped for speeding once in the last 4 years. I should have gone to jail for that too. 143mph in a 65 in NJ. I was counting the cash in my wallet for bail money. Cop said he was chasing me for about 3 miles. He gave me an unsafe lane change.

Only cool cop I've encountered that I don't know personally. All the other ones can trick a D.

I never got stopped in my S14. M3 gets me pulled over ALL the time.
unluckity has to be the culprit on this one.
Akiros is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-05-2012, 02:12 PM   #32
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
I've been driving my car for 5 years pretty much every single day, only been pulled over a few times, I've never received a ticket in my 240sx, just exhaust warning and tint warning. lol...
Old 09-05-2012, 02:20 PM   #33
godzillarb
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
godzillarb is a name known to allgodzillarb is a name known to allgodzillarb is a name known to allgodzillarb is a name known to allgodzillarb is a name known to allgodzillarb is a name known to allgodzillarb is a name known to allgodzillarb is a name known to allgodzillarb is a name known to allgodzillarb is a name known to allgodzillarb is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nismo240driftSX View Post
I live in upstate NY and it really depends. I've been pulled over for stupid reasons and not been pulled over when I really expected to be. I don't drive like an idiot. And I never really rev my car up. With my Ka-T hatch with a straight exhaust I never got a ticket for exhaust. It looked like a normal muffler and wasnt shiny. I have an SC300 now and I got a tint ticket a few weeks ago. I was at a stop light at night and a cop pulled over and waited for me to make my turn. My windows were down and he made me put my windows up to check them.
Hmmm... I would have fought that one. Where was his probable cause to pull you over?

Secondly, I would have told him "no" on the rolling up the windows. In my opinion, that would constitute a search.
Old 09-05-2012, 02:23 PM   #34
drscooper
Zilvia Addict

drscooper is an unknown quantity at this point
i was just recently pulled over for bullshit ass "not stoping at a stop sign" got a warning but i say just dont drive like a dumbass and you should be fine.
drscooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 02:27 PM   #35
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Or not be black/mexican/anythingbutwhite
Old 09-05-2012, 02:30 PM   #36
dazed
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (37)
dazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 37 reviews
Red Kouki/OEM Aero, HKS cat back.

Had the car for over 3 years, never been pulled over in it somehow. Been followed multiple times, nothing. Had to drive with bumper off a couple times, passed by cops, nothing.

Only been pulled over once speeding in a neighborhood in parents pathfinder. I had the same name as the cops dad, let me go.

I guess cops in my area are pretty cool, or they just like red S14's.
dazed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 02:37 PM   #37
OutlawLui
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (19)
OutlawLui is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Even though i drive normal and my car does look stock, i have to say that Cops can be
dicks for a small or no reason

A couple days ago i was driving at night to pick up my girl from work around 10:30 ..And just my luck, the car in front of me was a Cop car. I don't think he appreciated my HID's because as soon as i got closer to his slow ass, he SLAMMED his brakes right in front of me. Then he decided to do a illegal U turn in the middle of the street and speed the other way.

And just Yesterday on the way home from work, another Cop tailgated my ass for the longest time, even switching lanes with me.

Still haven't gotten pulled over though. *knocks on wood
Old 09-05-2012, 02:39 PM   #38
240sxfan6882
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
240sxfan6882 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghoti View Post
I drive like a grandma, but getting a 3" exhaust. I'm guessing you have a HighFlow cat and what kind of resonator do you have.

When I first had my car I had a Straight pipe, but I drive speed limit so I never got pulled over or maybe I was just lucky.
The cat is a modified 3" magnaflow. The resonator is a 3" straight through Dynomax I believe which i welded before the main RSR muffler. I have a turbo KA-T so that helps keep the sound tamed. At freeway speeds Im dead silent, my exhaust doesn't even drone, I can hear my wheels more. At WOT it does open up but its still not loud by any means. Rasp free baby!
240sxfan6882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 03:03 PM   #39
95KA-Turbo
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
I haven't really had any issues until recently. VA is known for giving out tint and front plate tickets. I got pulled over on Saturday, on the interstate, at 7am on my way to work, going exactly the speed limit for no front plate, illegal tint (its 30%...not 5% or something crazy), and 'defective equipment' for my fender being too close to my tire. Hopefully I can get them all thrown out as I haven't had a ticket since I drove around my KA-T with a 3" straight pipe. I already pealed the tint and zip tied my front plate on, so hopefully that will do the trick.

Instagram - SJKnoop
95KA-Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 03:09 PM   #40
XxHybridx
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (17)
XxHybridx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
ehh for me its a hit or miss. ill go a few months without getting pulled over, then will get pulled over 3 times in a month. never got a ticket tho in my s13 tho. got me speeding tickets in a honda odessey van tho, irony.

but i noticed i started to get pulled over more after installed the dmax hood?
XxHybridx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 03:34 PM   #41
singlecamslam
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
singlecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I used to get pulled over atleast once a week, and i'm white. Then i painted my car, painted the exhaust black, and not do 140mph in a 65 and now i dont get pulled over. Weird.
Old 09-05-2012, 03:43 PM   #42
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Just do not drive your car, ever, and you should be fine.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 04:07 PM   #43
MR.RMSCHIKO
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
MR.RMSCHIKO has much to be proud ofMR.RMSCHIKO has much to be proud ofMR.RMSCHIKO has much to be proud ofMR.RMSCHIKO has much to be proud ofMR.RMSCHIKO has much to be proud ofMR.RMSCHIKO has much to be proud ofMR.RMSCHIKO has much to be proud ofMR.RMSCHIKO has much to be proud ofMR.RMSCHIKO has much to be proud ofMR.RMSCHIKO has much to be proud ofMR.RMSCHIKO has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
here in Miami i had my full type x hatch slammed with a quite exhaust on my stock KA and only gotten pulled over like 4 times out of the 2 years i owned it for dumb reasons like tag light was out and tints but either than that my sister in law works police dispatch so i know most the cops in my neighborhood lol
MR.RMSCHIKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 04:26 PM   #44
SuperBlackS14
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
SuperBlackS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I got pulled over 3 times in 3 weeks a bit ago.

Stupid Apex'i N1. If someone wants to trade for a NOIR, I'd be interested...

And I was driving dead normal too. Wasn't even stepping on it. I'm just NA with a HUGE Shiny Exhaust lol. It's always the locals too. never the staties
Old 09-05-2012, 04:40 PM   #45
nevertheless
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
nevertheless is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I never get pulled over in Nebraska. Although, I did get pulled over exactly a year ago, for my exhuast, but the cop was nice and let me off with a warning.
Old 09-05-2012, 09:23 PM   #46
JDM king240
Zilvia Junkie

JDM king240 is an unknown quantity at this point
I live in bay area and I got pulled over last week going to school. I have 2.5 " race headers and Isis 3" blast pipes running no cat or test pipe. Also slammed on varrstoen rims and stock body. He starts feeling my car and came to my window and was like I love modded cars but your exhaust is to loud and I'm not going to pop your hood or anything just a ticket
JDM king240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 09:24 PM   #47
JDM king240
Zilvia Junkie

JDM king240 is an unknown quantity at this point
You can also instal an electronic cut out after the cat if you have a loud exhaust so you dont attract any attention
JDM king240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 09:45 PM   #48
da_crew10
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
da_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
5% tint all around, body kit , spoiler, loud exhaust, sparks everywhere from ride height, shinny wheels, gotten fallowed plenty of times. 3 times so far with my current s13 Im driving perfectly fine; they run my tags probably see that I have a good driving record. They leave.

But in reality the car is under my fathers name not by choice. I have a pretty bad driving record because of my stupid adolescent brain (at the time) lol. Managed to score 15 tickets from the age of 17-19, license suspended once ,and wrecked a kouki , no insurance at the time so I'm still paying month by month a pretty ridiculous amount of money. But I have to or my license goes back to a suspended status ;state law.

Dad bitching about what an Idiot I am while we pulled it apart good timing lol

I would also agree that race has a big issue and profiling on the officers end of course. I am mexican, I look mexican, I do not have the accent but I am fluent in spanish. I get a ticket almost every time I get pulled over usually going from 5-10 miles over. I minus well have been really speeding because I know plenty of certain people that get away with worse.

I've also somehow have gotten multiple instances when officers ask to look through my car. I been pulled over for " having a loose license plate which was loose but not enough to come off.

If it wasn't for my jefe I'd be paying 1100 in liability every 6 months for my s13 .

Managed to drive this for 2 years then sold it. I am now 3 years without a ticket; since I drive like a grandmother to avoid paying more to the state!
Everything has came out of my pocket; i thank god for the jobs I've had and have.

Current car (driven about 1 time a week)

Low key dd is the only way for me. I truly love this corolla.

So to conclude OP, homie cops will pull you over op so watch your back. It doesn't help if you live in Arkansas like me as a minority with a car that attracts police's attention. Just saying.
da_crew10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:22 PM   #49
dluevanos01
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (23)
dluevanos01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
alright, so I have my sr s13 with a catless 3 inch to a muffler. the muffler i not shinny or anything, paint is faded in, wheels (bronze), slammed an I daily it to school and work for the past 6 months. I never got pulled over or attention from cops until one day I was late to turn inn a paper and decide to do 65 on a 30. that's the only attention I get, mainly because i shift at 2-2.5 k RPMs and drive like grandma using turn signals and stopping behind crosswalks and shit. try to be "nice" while driving in front of cop so they can see you're not a idiot and you should be fine. jut drive normal
Old 09-05-2012, 10:30 PM   #50
Nismo240driftSX
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
Nismo240driftSX is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by godzillarb View Post
Hmmm... I would have fought that one. Where was his probable cause to pull you over?

Secondly, I would have told him "no" on the rolling up the windows. In my opinion, that would constitute a search.
I am currently awaiting my court date in the mail but I plead not guilty. I will most definitely be talking to a DA about it. His probable cause was because I didn't have my front plate mounted because I don't have a place to mount currently. The old holes are stripped. The plate is behind my seat and I showed it to him. After I showed him the plate he told me to put my widows up to check my tint. I just bought the cat 2 months ago and the tint was already on it. He didn't accept that as enough reason to not ticket me.
Nismo240driftSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:38 PM   #51
Nissan4Life87

Nissan4Life87 is an unknown quantity at this point
I live in queens ny. Green/Blue zenki with an oem lip, stock motor with a blitz nur spec exhaust. I got pulled over 3 times in 6months all b.c of my exhaust, two times in bk and once in queens. All depends on what mods you have and how the cops feeling that day.
Nissan4Life87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:48 PM   #52
kouki.monster

kouki.monster is an unknown quantity at this point
depends on how you drive man. whenever i drive by a cop or something i either throw it in 5th or clutch in since my exhaust is so friggin loud lol.
kouki.monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 11:21 PM   #53
blackmags91
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
blackmags91 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
i think the consensus of this thread is that it just depends on too many damn factors

i for one live in a smaller mostly-mormon town about 45 min outside of Phoenix, and you wouldnt believe the countless bullshit reasons that ive been pulled over for.. the most recent: cop didnt like my dmax tail lights on my coupe. He didnt give me any sort of ticket for them (i dont think he could), but nevertheless he didnt like them and just wanted to let me know.

by the way my coupe is moderately low, hks muffler, silvia front, sunken 5zigen wheels, but other than that completely stock from the outside.

i hate the cops around here
end rambling
blackmags91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 11:28 PM   #54
ericcastro
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
ericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via MSN to ericcastro Send a message via Yahoo to ericcastro
it depends on the area.

Burbank, you're done.
LA, they dont give a shit.

Keep your front plate on the bumper and run no tint, and no shitty loud exhaust or huge window stickers.
You do that and you will be fine.

I would bet this is about 1/3 of what i have now days
ericcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 11:35 PM   #55
TheZ31Guy
Leaky Injector

TheZ31Guy is an unknown quantity at this point
I live in Houston, Klein area.
Meh. I drive an 84 Z31 and a 81 S130 and the cops know my Z31 cause it's a drift missle haha
I got about 11 violations in the z31 within a month just for stupid crap. Registration being the main one, bahaha

But I drive normally and obey the speed limit in the dd S130
TheZ31Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 11:37 PM   #56
shaggy0778
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (15)
shaggy0778 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Drove my slammed 1jz s13 with straight downpipe, no front bumper, no front turn signals, mustache painted on the intercooler, blacked out tails, etc etc and never was once pulled over... cops down here don't give a shit about anything really
shaggy0778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 12:22 AM   #57
lude4life13
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
lude4life13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I look white and drive a clean ass kouki. I doubt I'll ever get pulled over, and if I do, that's life right?
lude4life13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 12:34 AM   #58
OuTLaVvZ
Zilvia Member

OuTLaVvZ is an unknown quantity at this point
i was thinking of driving my s14 with no exhuast just downpipe once my sr is in if i couldnt afford exhaust yet..haha ima think again about that one
OuTLaVvZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 01:03 AM   #59
ryandh
Zilvia Junkie

ryandh is an unknown quantity at this point
There is a reason why my R33 is bone stock. It's bad enough my car is hellajdm tyteness baller status. To drive around in so cal with in a modified skyline is suicide...
Old 09-06-2012, 01:06 AM   #60
OuTLaVvZ
Zilvia Member

OuTLaVvZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryandh View Post
There is a reason why my R33 is bone stock. It's bad enough my car is hellajdm tyteness baller status. To drive around in so cal with in a modified skyline is suicide...
sweet . u got balls to drive around in that
OuTLaVvZ is offline   Reply With Quote