Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 10-19-2012, 08:05 PM   #1
Future_gohan
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
Future_gohan is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Rb wiring issues argh!

Okay, heres the deal i bought an rb20 and the wiring was horrible but was told it ran, so i plugged it all in and it wouldnt start, no power to the coils or injectors.

So i tore thd harness completely down and depinned everything i dont need and a lot of wires are cut and its just bad so im replacing a lot of them.

Now here is the issue, i wanna make sure everything works before i go any farther and here is how i have it wired in.

Eccs goes to orange pin 16, red wires are together and go to 12+, and the other pin on the relay go to the white/black wires that spread apart and go go the cas and pins 49,109,58.

Coil relay goes orange pin 16, than to coilpacks, 12+, than ign source.

Than i have pin 45 to switches 12+

Problem. The eccs relay wont click, tried two ecus and multiple relays. If i ground the orange wire the relays click, but it wont send a ground from tye computer. Its like it wont turn on. I checked the grounds theyre grounded to the intake. Any ideas would be appriciated i really am stumped atm
Old 10-19-2012, 09:40 PM   #2
Future_gohan
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
Future_gohan is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I also triple checked my grounds at the ecu they all go to the ground junction box than to the intake. Ive done this same think to kas srs and vhs and all worked fine, for some reason this isnt working i have to be missing something..